Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• When you keep having to ask your son what certain words he's using mean!
  • Jessie said:
    LenGlover said:
    Jessie said:
    I'm 33. My (soon-to-be-ex) boyfriend is going to break up with me because he's 30 and his parents and he all think there's a higher risk of pregnancy related problems as I'm nearing 35. We have been dating for 7 months and he has never had such doubt before. Only now does he realise that he doesn't want to marry a woman older than him. What a joke. I feel as if I'm cheated. 😤
    The boy's a fool!

My wife is older than me and that situation is not unusual. I appreciate that there maybe cultural differences.

He needs to grow a pair, as some say over here, and decide what is important to him.

You sound a lovely person Jessie and it is his loss not yours.
    Thank you. Actually it's not really that unusual here either. It's his parents' problem. He's got a fairly low salary and earns much less than his mother (and probably his father too). They have the final say on big things for him. I do know he is the wrong man for me (and for any other women too). It's just a bit hard for me to end this relationship right now. I'm a very loving person but sadly this has made me become the one that ends up getting hurt.
    Just 3 words, lovely Jessie....

He's not worthy. 
    Thank you dear Jean. I will end this relationship soon, no matter what he will say or how he will try to explain to me. 
  • Stig said:
    When there's a poor connection on an online meeting and nobody gets your Norman Collier reference.
    Ditto to my Hi Di Hi greeting and you don’t get a Hi Di Ho
    Hi di ho!
  • When you chuckle to yourself because you think of something really witty to post on a thread. You pick up your phone and
  • When you realise it’s 34 years to the day since that 9 second Jim Melrose goal
  • Stig said:
    When there's a poor connection on an online meeting and nobody gets your Norman Collier reference.
    Who?
  • Sponsored links:

• During a Zoom call last week, someone asked about the two posters on the wall behind me, Sex Pistols and Stone Roses ... he had never heard of them!

Philistines  ;)

And I know the next post will be, what is a Zoom call?
  • ross1 said:
    iainment said:
    You can remember beds made with sheets, blankets and bedspreads.

And then the arrival of continental quilts. 

And then continental quilts being renamed as duvets.

Also life before fitted sheets.
    Old army blankets when I was a child
    Luxury, we had old potato sacks. 
  • Stig said:
    Who?
    It's not aged well:
  • When I You reminisce with your mates about Tonbridge away in 1972 the day before the first round draw.
  • Stig said:
    Isn’t it Ho di ho ? 
  • ross1 said:
    iainment said:
    You can remember beds made with sheets, blankets and bedspreads.

And then the arrival of continental quilts. 

And then continental quilts being renamed as duvets.

Also life before fitted sheets.
    Old army blankets when I was a child
    Luxury, we had old potato sacks. 
    True story?
  • When...Cliff Richard looks younger.
  • When you keep having to ask your son what certain words he's using mean!
    I hope one of them wasn’t Dad.
  • edited October 2020
    Acab said:
    When I You reminisce with your mates about Tonbridge away in 1972 the day before the first round draw.
    Young and naive we looked on the map to see where Tonbridge was and thought getting a Lewis coach from Greenwich would be a good idea. Took fcking ages, going through village after village 

you know you’re getting old when away days are train or car only...
  • Sponsored links:

• When you can’t remember the last time you watched TV without the subtitles on
  • edited October 2020
    Stig said:
    I'd like to think you wasn't phased and went for the repeat, "AFKA can't hear you, Hi Di HI"!
  • Thought it was Ho Di Ho. Watching it on Gold in the week. "First rule of comedy Spike".......
  • Today I realised that all three MOTD presenter+pundits were older than me 😐 when it was said that none of them were born when Leicester previously won at Arsenal.
  • Older?
  • When the thought of someone tackling you hard at football makes you feel a bit queasy 
  • Stig said:
    Stig said:
    Who?
    It's not aged well:
    I didn’t watch.....as I clearly remember how shite he was. 

I recall he made another act out of the same broken 🎤 routine by changing it into a bloke talking behind a car window going up and down. 
  • Today I realised that all three MOTD presenter+pundits were older than me 😐 when it was said that none of them were born when Leicester previously won at Arsenal.
    You know you are getting older when you start mixing up older and younger. ☹️
  • When you see someone in winter not wearing any socks and it makes YOU feel cold