Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    edited November 2021
    iaitch said:
    And some Green Shield stamps?
    Haha. It's funny you should say that, but last year I was putting together a scrapbook/photo album in celebration of my Mum's 90th birthday and I did include some Green Shield stamps and Coop Divi stamps acquired from ebay :D
  • Options
    Hoop and stick? 😄
    A Watneys Red Barrel keyring charm. An Esso man keyring charm. 
    A Brooke Bond tea card album of African Wild Life.
    You get the picture  :)
    I had one of those as a kid. It was a blob of red plastic in the shape of a barrel that slid onto a split pin. Oh boy, do I feel old now.
  • Options
    edited November 2021
    Stig said:
    Hoop and stick? 😄
    A Watneys Red Barrel keyring charm. An Esso man keyring charm. 
    A Brooke Bond tea card album of African Wild Life.
    You get the picture  :)
    I had one of those as a kid. It was a blob of red plastic in the shape of a barrel that slid onto a split pin. Oh boy, do I feel old now.
    So did I  :s
  • Options
    I posted this a year or two back but thought it worth repeating.

You know you’re getting old when the candles cost more than the cake.
  • Options
    Happy Birthday @SoundAsa£
  • Options
    When you see the keyring and immediately sing Dum dum dum dum
  • Options
    When after a tremendous victory away to Hayes over 60s this morning, the WhatsApp tennis group discussion is all about usage of heat pads and the need for a soak in a hot bath, followed by a kip. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    When you mates invite you down the pub, you question the 10 min walk there and back, and decide you can’t be bothered 
    No, that is you being a lazy tight arse.
  • Options
    Enjoying a small tipple indoors, just took the wrong can out of the fridge and poured lager into my double vodka 🥴
  • Options
    ................you tell much younger work colleagues that you can remember Victorian pennies still being in circulation....
  • Options
    Really enjoying Winter Walks on BBC4
  • Options
    Jessie said:
    When I started to watch football games around 1998 I was only 11 years old. I got seriously into football in 2000 and started to watch the Premier League. As a teenager I absolutely liked/admired those players like Michael Owen, Steven Gerrard, Joe Cole, Darren Bent, etc. As I got older I noticed good players that caught my eye were getting younger and younger. I gradually stopped having the 'admiring' feelings towards them, simply appreciation. That was when I started to feel I'm getting old.

Last night I was watching the England game and the commentator said Walker is the oldest player in the squad who was born in 1990. I was like 'wow' (I was born in 1987). And then I noticed Mount whom I've read many good things about in the past few months but never seen play before. He was really impressive. Great great player. Then I looked him up and saw he was born in 1999, 12 years younger than myself - in Chinese culture 12 years are one full zodiac cycle meaning a whole generation. I really really feel old...... :D
    Just wait until you're old enough to be one of the team's Mum. Or worse, most of the team's Mum. Thankfully while Pearce and Watson are on the scene I'm safe from being old enough to being the entire squad's Mum.
  • Options
    When you go into work and there are very attractive women around, you realise they are between 1 and 5 years post graduation and you are old enough to be an older dad for them
  • Options
    When you're trying to set out a club mix for a radio show and it's frying ya head...its my show and I love this music as well. 

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Could you send that ad to me please?
  • Options
    When you can only work out about 10% of the gadgets in your new car
    Work them out ?,  I’m still discovering them, let alone working out how to use them 
  • Options
    Regularly people are offering their seat to me on a train.
    I always decline but some are insistent.  I'm only 55 :'(
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Blessed with naturally good looks, I've never felt the need to worry too much about clothes or fashion. I'm sure those Lifers that know me would be able to testify to the second part of that, if not the first. Anyway, as I've aged, I've found that my minimal interest in matters sartorial has diminished to the point of complete indifference; I simply couldn't give a fuck about what I look like. It's a wonderful place to get to, so liberating. My clothes choice criteria are strictly limited to, what's available, what's comfortable, what's clean? And if the truth be known, the third of those is increasingly looking like a restriction too far. Considerations like, 'does this match' and 'does this look old fashioned' and even 'is this appropriate' have gone out of the window. My current attire of choice is jogging bottoms with hiking boots. Just a year ago this combination would have been unthinkable, but now I revel in the devil may care sense of independence that such a pairing gives. I'm very much looking forward to the summer though to try out the fabled sock/sandal amalgam, it looks ideal for a man like me. There are some real benefits to old age.
    Investigate Crocs and socks.
  • Options
    When @Elfsborg is being offered a seat on the train 😉.
  • Options
    Stig said:
    Blessed with naturally good looks, I've never felt the need to worry too much about clothes or fashion. I'm sure those Lifers that know me would be able to testify to the second part of that, if not the first. Anyway, as I've aged, I've found that my minimal interest in matters sartorial has diminished to the point of complete indifference; I simply couldn't give a fuck about what I look like. It's a wonderful place to get to, so liberating. My clothes choice criteria are strictly limited to, what's available, what's comfortable, what's clean? And if the truth be known, the third of those is increasingly looking like a restriction too far. Considerations like, 'does this match' and 'does this look old fashioned' and even 'is this appropriate' have gone out of the window. My current attire of choice is jogging bottoms with hiking boots. Just a year ago this combination would have been unthinkable, but now I revel in the devil may care sense of independence that such a pairing gives. I'm very much looking forward to the summer though to try out the fabled sock/sandal amalgam, it looks ideal for a man like me. There are some real benefits to old age.
    You are Steve Brown and I claim my £5
  • Options
    One of your children hits 40 and 'the baby' is 30.