Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    BDLBDL
    edited October 2021
    The kid you once nutmegged during an after school kickabout with your son and his class gets brought on for England against Andorra.
  • Options
    BDL said:
    The kid you once nutmegged during an after school kickabout with your son and his class gets brought on for England against Andorra.
    Fikayo Tomori?
  • Options
    BDL said:
    Fikayo Tomori?

Yep, was in my Son's class at Juniors and Grammar. The lad did well!
  • Options
    When you constantly get told to try just for men or cherry blossom. 
  • Options
    I'm going to a Halloween party at the weekend. I felt really old when I finally had to admit that my body shape was no longer suitable to go as Nosferatu. And even older when I told my wife I might go as Uncle Fester to which she replied, "oh yes, that's much more you"!
  • Options
    Just the thought of going to a party seems dreadful, but that’s probably just me…
    And me. I also dread weddings.
  • Options
    Staying up till 11 o clock is considered ‘ a late night’
  • Options
    Just the thought of going to a party seems dreadful, but that’s probably just me…
    My friend hosted a 70’s party last weekend. Everyone dressed up like Noddy Holder and John Travolta. It started early and went on until late. The music was too loud.. Thankfully, they had a quiet room
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    In my mind I'm 'only 53' but sadly the mileage is very high, this year as the temperature has dropped my hip has got bloody achey. 
  • Options
    _MrDick said:
    My friend hosted a 70’s party last weekend. Everyone dressed up like Noddy Holder and John Travolta. It started early and went on until late. The music was too loud.. Thankfully, they had a quiet room
    I would much prefer a late start and early finish!
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    When you mates invite you down the pub, you question the 10 min walk there and back, and decide you can’t be bothered 
  • Options
    I went to my last one 6 years ago.

I don't mind the actual ceremony, but I detest the waste of money that is the reception (even as a guest).
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I love a party, but I've never been a fan of weddings. All those people that don't know each other - and all those people that do. Middle of the road boredom. 
    Agreed, I didn't even want to go to my own wedding  :D
    yup and spending all that time with your wife's family, again...
  • Options
    JohnBoyUK said:
    Me too.  And I'm a wedding photographer :)
    Oi!!, take this to the marketplace.  ;)
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    lots of wedding talk. Surely a sign of getting old is going to more funerals than weddings?

The upside is that funeral spreads are as good as wedding spreads but you don't have to listen to a loud disco...
  • Options
    Stig said:
    I love a party, but I've never been a fan of weddings. All those people that don't know each other - and all those people that do. Middle of the road boredom. 
    Agreed, I didn't even want to go to my own wedding  :D
    Same, seriously debating going to mine next year. Lockdown has already intervened once, I need it to happen again. 
  • Options
    lots of wedding talk. Surely a sign of getting old is going to more funerals than weddings?

The upside is that funeral spreads are as good as wedding spreads but you don't have to listen to a loud disco...
    And you also don’t have to see the person again. It’s a win win situation.
  • Options
    edited October 2021
    When you sign up to sun life just to get a free pen and then get angry that you can’t have one because you aren’t over 50.
  • Options
    Qualifying for Saga insurance (I just did) couldn’t get a cheaper second car on it though as the wife had to be over 45 - she’s living this as you can imagine 
  • Options
    More and more things require ’a sit down’ afterwards.

Even after things that were done while sitting (ie. driving)
    The mind runs wild…😆