Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

You know you're getting old when.

Comments

• Options
    edited April 2022
    When you refer to an old couple you saw on the train and then realise they are probably younger than you
  • Options
    When you refer to an old couple you saw on the train and then realise they are probably younger than you
    Reminds me of when I went to a Zombies gig a couple of years back with my oldest friend.
    We were taking the mickey out of the decrepit old fogies queueing at the entrance, before it dawned on us they looked no different to us.
  • Options
    its my birthday today, and tomorrow I'm getting up at 8am to drive my daughter to some other kid's a birthday party. looks like I'll be on the horlicks tonight
  • Options
    Reminds me of when I went to a Zombies gig a couple of years back with my oldest friend.
    We were taking the mickey out of the decrepit old fogies queueing at the entrance, before it dawned on us they looked no different to us.
    Were they actual Zombies at this stage?
  • Options
    McBobbin said:
    Were they actual Zombies at this stage?
    Haha no, just the audience  ;)
  • Options
    A young woman in the swimming baths - had a couple of kids in tow - was telling me how she told her kids about the benefits of swimming 

She said, 'It is something you can do when you're young and something (whilst unfurling her hand towards me) that you can do for your whole life'. 

I mean, I'm no youngster, but I ain't finished yet!
  • Options
    People keep holding the door open for me and calling me sir.
  • Options
    When your idea of a night out, is a short walk to the corner shop to get some milk.
  • Options
    I think I am old. I handed my notice in a few months back. New job next month.
    Just had a teams chat with our hr admin, she said she wanted to come in a say goodbye. I’ve told her I’m In everyday next week but I’ll probably sneak off early next Friday. 
    She told me that I leave next Wednesday. I’ve told everyone Friday 27th and drinks in the pub lunchtime. 
    I think I’m getting old and stupid. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited May 2022
    When young women say things to you like "you alright, sweetheart" in that patronising voice.
  • Options
    When you buy things before the one you have runs out or breaks. I'm not talking, milk, bread, toilet roll, I mean car tyres, exhaust and brakes, even a spare pair of trainers to keep in the wardrobe, exactly the same as the ones you already have!
  • Options
    Waking up at a “sensible” time on the day after your 60th without a headache or feeling sleepy!
  • Options
    People keep holding the door open for me and calling me sir.
    Are you a teacher?
  • Options
    When you find yourself going on rightmove every day but just for entertainment 
    Glad it’s not just me then.

• Options
    The list of things that require ‘a sit down’ afterwards seems to just grow and grow 
    I find I need a sit down after compiling a list of things that require a sit down afterwards.
  • Options
    Having garden pots with wheels on seems like a really good feature. 
  • Options
    The list of things that require ‘a sit down’ afterwards seems to just grow and grow 
    http://www.nicecupofteaandasitdown.com/

Sadly over a decade since an update.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:
    You know when you’re getting when you bin goes out more often than you 🙄
    When you miss words out whilst writing sentences.
    Yes, I find I words whilst too.
  • Options
    When you can’t decide whether to go to bed on NYE at 9 o’clock or 10 o’clock.
  • Options
    When every time you start doing something you have to stop for a pee.
  • Options
    When you been wondering why so many people are bothered about Methvan being an old Evertonian only to find out its Etonian 🤷‍♂️
  • Options
    edited January 2023
    limeygent said:
    When every time you start doing something you have to stop for a pee.

I was getting like that but have stopped the tea and coffee and just have caffeine free coffee now. Makes a lot of difference.
  • Options
    When former Charlton players sons are donning the shirt (and doing a blooming good job of it).
  • Options
    When all your siblings are also grandparents.