Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• Whatever we all think of the man he is a fan like the rest of us. Suggest we channel our anger/frustrations at the three amigos (RD, KM and KF) instead.

Much more productive.

No, all those that support them or work for them are legitimate targets in my view
  • It is the owners who don't like us Jim.
    They are life, but not as we know it, Klingons on the starboard bow Jim.
  • "Freebies till I die"
    Is that what Jim's become?
  • Is Jim the Syd Cheesewright of comedians?

Anyway Syd is funnier.
  • They have even brainwashed him
  • seth plum said:

Is Jim the Syd Cheesewright of comedians?

Anyway Syd is funnier.

He's not!
  • Sponsored links:

• Essex_Al said:

Lost all respect for the man

See his tweet this morning.

@JimDOfficial: "Im Charlton till I die... Until I don't like the owners" is that what we have become?

Personally I think it's a great quote from Jim!

What he is actually saying is, ok if you don't like the owners then so be it, but it shouldn't stop so called fans from supporting the team that they supposedly love!

No, he's not, that's what you are saying.
    Are you happy with the way our club is being run?

• I'm not slagging him off , he can do as he pleases but surely anyone can see that Roland's current direction is not good for the health of our club
    Peter Varney is saying there is an alternative and personally speaking I'd be happy to wish for that than the current malaise spreading through our club and its dwindling support
  • Essex_Al said:

Chief club apologist Essex Al reappears .....

That's bollox mate, this is about Jim Davidson and you lot slagging him off!
    He started it!

• Whatever we all think of the man he is a fan like the rest of us. Suggest we channel our anger/frustrations at the three amigos (RD, KM and KF) instead.

Much more productive.

I would make that four gringos RD, KM, RM and KF they will never be amigos of mine.

• Essex_Al said:

Lost all respect for the man

See his tweet this morning.

@JimDOfficial: "Im Charlton till I die... Until I don't like the owners" is that what we have become?

Personally I think it's a great quote from Jim!

What he is actually saying is, ok if you don't like the owners then so be it, but it shouldn't stop so called fans from supporting the team that they supposedly love!

No, he's not, that's what you are saying.
    Are you happy with the way our club is being run?

No, I am not, but I will still be there supporting my team whatever!

I'm off to the match now, let's hope most of you on here are too!
  • Yep will be going dragging 3 of my boys kicking and screaming to it and we'll be at the protest afterwards to voice our view on the freak show running our club , hopefully you'll be at the protest too Al

• Essex_Al said:

He started it!

Oh no he didn't.

:-)
  • Dont remember him doing anything to help us return to the Valley when he was at his height of fame think he was doing more for gt yarmouth piers
  • Inflammatory and poor from JD there. I have similarly scathing views about those who've simply stopped going (yet continue to snipe from the sidelines), but he's not done well to turn the heat on those who still do pay their, um, custom.

I too think protests are premature (give 'em a transfer window!) and that the situation is more complicated than is often being presented, but something is clearly amiss and a show of dissatisfaction probably can't hurt, so long as the team is supported during the game.

• Essex_Al said:

He started it!

Now now, play nicely :wink: .
  • Sponsored links:

• Entitled to his opinion, like everyone else. Shame it's not a bit different though
  • Loup086 said:

Whatever we all think of the man he is a fan like the rest of us. Suggest we channel our anger/frustrations at the three amigos (RD, KM and KF) instead.

Much more productive.

I would make that four gringos RD, KM, RM and KF they will never be amigos of mine.

You're not wrong there mate
  • I wish Davidson would just go away. I wonder if Katrien enjoys his 'jokes' ?
  • It's because we prefer the Charlton nil gag to remain self deprecating humour Jim, rather than a permanent announcement when the football results are read out.
  • Didn't know Jim and Colin were related.
  • Haha! What an idiot. Hopefully KM and RD take him with them on their way out.
  • Looking at his tweets he really doesn't have a clue as to why there are protests. Talk about being blinkered in that directors box
  • It's a shame that he's not using his large platform to support the protests but he does have a point about some of the comments being unnecessary and not helping. I don't know who currently does the official CAFC tweets but commenting 'Roland out' or 'no one cares' on every single tweet is not doing any good. The person tweeting should not be the target of abuse - he's just a man doing his job. I saw one the other day on a RIP tweet where someone had put 'Shame Roland won't RIP'. People need to draw a line between helpful protest and unnecessary nonsense.