Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Jim Davidson

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Not my cup of tea, but his life profession is playing to a crowd. Why would he suddenly change?
  • The man's sat in the directors box and has been all paid for, he's also a sleazebag, this is what you can expect from him. He's a celebrity fan, that's it, forget him.
  • boogica said:

Jim came out and spoke to the fans I had a chat with him he is behind the fans and agrees with the protest , he then went back inside and gave the fans the thumbs up , good man Jim superb a true addick like the rest of us .

I wonder what he did when he went back inside.

Did he tell Meire that he is behind the fans and protest or did he say the protest is a waste of time and that he supports the Board and raised a glass to everyone in the regime?

I haven't met him for years and I am sure that he still believes that he is a true Addick but hobnobbing with Meire and co may prove to undermine his credentials in the months to come.

• Greenie said:

JD at the window

Can't quite work it out @Greenie is that JD on the inside pissing out?? :smile:
  • boogica said:

Jim came out and spoke to the fans I had a chat with him he is behind the fans and agrees with the protest , he then went back inside and gave the fans the thumbs up , good man Jim superb a true addick like the rest of us .

This is the tone of his tweets before the match:

Jim DavidsonVerified account
    @JimDOfficial
    Do you think that us fans protesting will make potential owners think twice?

He either had a remarkable change in his view or he saw an opportunity to make the most of the situation
  • edited January 2016
    Or is he saying that you can scream and shout as loud as you wish but that won't work on its own

We all agree it looks brilliant tonight and it's so much more impactful than the 150-200 when it began, but it's not enough to just do.that on its own, we need to be more advanced than just protests, we need to up.the Anti, first with the message being daubed everywhere, black and white campaign growing the colours being shown on as many fans as possible to highlight the growing numbers, then hit his pocket either in his businesses or his match day costs rising, force him into recognising that it's not true the pen is mightier than the sword, when that sword is blazend on the chest of cafc fans
  • boogica said:

This is the tone of his tweets before the match:

Jim DavidsonVerified account
    @JimDOfficial
    Do you think that us fans protesting will make potential owners think twice?

He either had a remarkable change in his view or he saw an opportunity to make the most of the situation
    To be honest never saw his comments on Twitter , he probably knows more than most of us ie about the current regime , but I thought he got on quite well with Peter Varney ?
    All he said was he was agreeing with the protest ?
  • The man's sat in the directors box and has been all paid for, he's also a sleazebag, this is what you can expect from him. He's a celebrity fan, that's it, forget him.

He told me that he deliberately did not sit in the directors box and had no communications with them.
  • Sponsored links:

• For me it's ok protesting but more needs to be done , KM and RD don't give a shit about 2000 fans telling them to do one , a boycott of matches which stops merchandise , food etc being bought, also a sit in on the pitch we have to get the message across also Richard Murray has a lot to answer for he needs to be a target of our fury .
  • I had a brief chat with him when he made an appearance at the post-match protests. He said that while he did not think the protests would make any difference, he too was not a fan of the current regime. He added that he did not think the protests would help us attract any new owners, and signed off by asking how did we know the next owners would be any better than this lot. Make of that what you will.
  • @JimDOfficial: "Im Charlton till I die... Until I don't like the owners" is that what we have become?
    I bet he got a pat on the back and a kiss on the cheek from KM for that comment!!
    The bloke is a tosser , this quote displays his lack of knowledge of what is going on at Charlton
    I can remember him on national TV saying he supporting Man Utd and has also been on the board at Bournemouth.
    Make ur mind up Jim ? @JimDOfficial #TOSSER

What has all been paid for and by whom ?
  • mogodon said:

I had a brief chat with him when he made an appearance at the post-match protests. He said that while he did not think the protests would make any difference, he too was not a fan of the current regime. He added that he did not think the protests would help us attract any new owners, and signed off by asking how did we know the next owners would be any better than this lot. Make of that what you will

Said the same to me , to be honest he may be right , I'm not happy with Wots happening but more needs to be done to get our point across .

What has all been paid for and by whom ?
    This what I mean by assumptions.
  • His minor celebrity is inconsequential. He appears to be playing both sides.
    Not worth the time if he can't take a real stand either way.
  • Let's he honest he's no more fickle than the majority on here, myself included. Thinking about it reasonably, if I'd paid 9k to watch that sh*t I'd want to milk it as much as possible too.
    I was unsure this morning but I do feel that he genuinely does believe in the protests and following a few tweets tonight I'm hoping he'll turn a corner and get a bit more involved.
    Anyone who is supporting us shouldn't be turned, in the situation all fans need to stick together. Tonight's amazing protest backs that up, probably one of my favourite events as a Charlton fan, really makes you proud.
  • May have just redeemed himself a bit at the end of the day.
    I'm still sceptical though
  • Sponsored links:

• Suthers said:

Please stop attacking the wrong people, Jim Davidson does not 'dine with management' nor is he there as a guest on a 'freebie', Jim spends matchdays dining in the Centre Circle lounge with his brother Bill and at his own considerable expense. I am not an apologist for Jim or anyone else but some of the comments on here can't go unchallenged. Know your enemy guys

Thanks for posting that Suthers, I hope all the people on here that were slagging him of earlier and accusing him of accepting freebies will now eat humble pie.

Jim's a decent bloke, a local lad and loves Charlton, he doesn't deserve the shit thrown at him today!
  • Suthers said:

Please stop attacking the wrong people, Jim Davidson does not 'dine with management' nor is he there as a guest on a 'freebie', Jim spends matchdays dining in the Centre Circle lounge with his brother Bill and at his own considerable expense. I am not an apologist for Jim or anyone else but some of the comments on here can't go unchallenged. Know your enemy guys

Do you think his tweet was helpful?
  • JD is like catnip to some of the posters on here. Any thread concerning our Jimbo is quickly polarised with the usual vitriol of people who, don't like his comedy and don't like his politics. He is only a man and a Charlton one at that, he is entitled to his opinion and the opportunity to make misguided comments on Facebook, just like anyone else.

Some people on here need to focus. Jim Davidson is certainly not our enemy!
  • I'm confused as to which side he is on. He seemed to be supporting us as he walked up the stairs. Maybe we should wait for some clarification before we condemn. The protests are not about Jim anyway.
  • edited January 2016

I think Davidson is your classic 'goes to games but doesnt pay a lot of attention to what's being said and goings on outside of that'.

For instance, he had no knowledge of the protests at Liege and how they helped force Duchatelet out.

There are many people like this that attend games. Just because we get all hot under the collar on here, many just enjoy the day out and leave it there.

Fair comment and this is what KM wants for all of us though 'to enjoy the full match-day experience'. The trouble is most couldn't give a toss about all the gimmicky stuff and she has failed to get the message. It's a results business, just give us a half decent squad and manager that can cope with the rigours of the Championship and we can all enjoy our day out.

It ain't rocket science but there's no one as blind as those who will not see and the situation is very very close to being irretrievable for her and the owner now
  • I think Davidson is your classic 'goes to games but doesnt pay a lot of attention to what's being said and goings on outside of that'.

For instance, he had no knowledge of the protests at Liege and how they helped force Duchatelet out.

There are many people like this that attend games. Just because we get all hot under the collar on here, many just enjoy the day out and leave it there.

I take your point that some folks are less committed than others - but in a way that's the point the protesters are making.

The way the club is being managed right now it is headed for League One - and probably League Two.

How many of those folks looking to "enjoy a day out" are going to be turning up at The Valley to watch us play Torquay, Exeter et al?

Once that happens then it will only be the really committed left - and even they have their limits.