Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cally Harriott Recalled

Comments

• Options
    Decent performance, so will no doubt now be sold to Rotherham or MK Dons next week
  • Options
    Bloody impressive, man of the match, well done Callum
  • Options
    Great performance.
  • Options
    Just fantastic, if thats what loaning a player to Colchester does , lets send the whole team (and manager) there.
  • Options
    Looked up for it

Would have been good if that shot in injury time had snuck in

Good lad
  • Options
    well done Callum hope all the haters come on and appreciate what you done today we'll come back son
  • Options
    Man of the match well done Ainsley, just try and be consistent now!
  • Options
    I never understood why we sent him out on loan for 3 months, rather than a month. An excellent performance, after half a season, finally someone who can play on the left of midfield, where he was excellent in the second half.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Delighted to hear he did so well today.
  • Options
    Good cross for the goal, but those last 2 shots at the end aside I still really don't get it, lots of running etc

Must just be me and I hope he turns out to be the player we all want him to be
  • Options

Good cross for the goal, but those last 2 shots at the end aside I still really don't get it, lots of running etc

Must just be me and I hope he turns out to be the player we all want him to be

Had a good shot in the first half... His running won a lot of throw ins which allowed the whole team to advance further up the pitch etc.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

SDAddick said:

Harriott has always reminded me of a young, rubbisher SWP. Small, quick, loves a dink and run, can get goals from the wing, but is a massive confidence player without the best technique who can go completely missing for weeks on end when not in form.

This seems to the accepted wisdom on Harriott, but I have never understood it. Sure he doesn't always make as much happen in the final third as we would like, but I simply don't think it is true that he goes missing in games. Wingers are notorious for drifting in and out of games and 'hiding' but Harriott works very hard for a winger and is nearly always involved in games. No player has it come off for them every time but in games I have seen Harriott always does his defensive duty and gets on the ball a lot.

Fine if you don't think he's got the required talent, but I've always felt the chatacterisation of him as a lazy player that goes missing is grossly unfair.
    I should have added that SWP, especially when younger, had an excellent work rate. I don't fault Callum's work rate at all, and I agree that "traditional wingers" tend to go missing in matches simply as part of the nature of the position. Last year, watching him play up front with Igor, at times he looked like he couldn't get the ball under control. Playing him up front was a terrible decision, he needs space to run in to, but I did feel like when things weren't going well, his technique evaded him.

That said, sounds like he was excellent today, and I'd forgotten that he's only 21. Despite having been around the first team for what feels like a while, he's not played all that much. Certainly good to have him back coming off the first half of the season where he played week in week out, and I think if nothing else he makes for an excellent impact sub.
  • Options
    MOM and looks much fitter and faster. Sign him on a long contract now please.
  • Options
    Had a tremendous game today. Two class saves from de Vries stopped him scoring twice. As it was it was his assist for Makienok's goal having in his turn received the ball following a driving run from his old mucker Jordan Cousins.

de Vries was man of the whole match but Callum was ours.
  • Options
    Thought he was mustard today. In the first half looked like the only one who could be bothered. Really pleased for him. Looked even livelier 2nd half with JBG. And at last a goal for Big Mak after Callum laid it on.
  • Options

Was outed as we had a "better" player in Cebellos.

Now he come straight in and Cebellos is relegated to the bench.

Says it all about our recruitment policy

Cebellos has been out since, what, September? It's unlikely he's got 60 minutes in him at the moment. He might have come off the bend had we not needed to make a chance following the sending off.

Our recruitment policy is certainly lacking but we don't need to fault them for every team selection and substitution.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Not there today but I'll be supporting Callum any game he's not playing "up front"
  • Options
    Who was the guy playing No.11 today? Someone tried to convince me it was Callum Harriott but was certainly not the player I remember. What a performance. Hope he wasn't trying to persuade the (interim) manager of his worth as that gentleman may not be around come the end of the week/month
  • Options
    It shows how our expectations have become.

Harriott is a league 1 player who seems to have done well at Colchester.

He was getting slaughtered before now the Covered End are singing his name!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Options
    SDAddick said:

Was outed as we had a "better" player in Cebellos.

Now he come straight in and Cebellos is relegated to the bench.

Says it all about our recruitment policy

Cebellos has been out since, what, September? It's unlikely he's got 60 minutes in him at the moment. He might have come off the bend had we not needed to make a chance following the sending off.

Our recruitment policy is certainly lacking but we don't need to fault them for every team selection and substitution.
    Why let the truth get in the way of having a dig at the regime?
  • Options
    Harriott was being booed earlier this season. He's had a good long spell of playing without that sort of stuff going on and it's clearly done wonders for his confidence.
  • Options
    Harriott is a league 1 player, he was slaughtered here before for a reason.

He comes back here and after 90 minutes he is a hero.

Pleeeeeeeasssseeeee.