Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Cally Harriott Recalled

Comments

• Options

Harriott is a league 1 player, he was slaughtered here before for a reason.

He comes back here and after 90 minutes he is a hero.

Pleeeeeeeasssseeeee.

Maybe he isn't a L1 player

Inconsistent, frustrating yes, but that's no reason to write him off
  • Options
    I guess Scott Parker was only ever a Championship player until his Norwich loan...
  • Options

I never understood why we sent him out on loan for 3 months, rather than a month. An excellent performance, after half a season, finally someone who can play on the left of midfield, where he was excellent in the second half.

He needed a complete break from CAFC, and 1 month would've been too short.

His confidence was spent and when you get booed when your names on the team sheet, you need to take a time out.

I would back my judgement against anyone and i felt he didn't have it between the ears to make it at championship level.

If he can Reproduce yesterday form on a regular basis i will change my mind.

but as George Tucadean showed, one great game won't make up for then having 8 poor games.

Well done the majority,for giving him a second chance and cheering him from the start.

• Options

SDAddick said:

Was outed as we had a "better" player in Cebellos.

Now he come straight in and Cebellos is relegated to the bench.

Says it all about our recruitment policy

Cebellos has been out since, what, September? It's unlikely he's got 60 minutes in him at the moment. He might have come off the bend had we not needed to make a chance following the sending off.

Our recruitment policy is certainly lacking but we don't need to fault them for every team selection and substitution.
    Why let the truth get in the way of having a dig at the regime?
    What did I say that was untrue?

Cebellos played in the last game so he is fit enough to play some part. He didn't get on at all.

And as said Cebellos was already injured when we sent Harriot out on loan.

In fact we wanted to sell him and had an offer from Wigan which they didn't think was enough so held out for more. Wigan went elsewhere so he was shipped out o loan and the useless McAleny brought in.

Now Callum is 6 months away from a being a free agent and can talk to other clubs.

• Options

SDAddick said:

Was outed as we had a "better" player in Cebellos.

Now he come straight in and Cebellos is relegated to the bench.

Says it all about our recruitment policy

Cebellos has been out since, what, September? It's unlikely he's got 60 minutes in him at the moment. He might have come off the bend had we not needed to make a chance following the sending off.

Our recruitment policy is certainly lacking but we don't need to fault them for every team selection and substitution.
    Why let the truth get in the way of having a dig at the regime?
    What did I say that was untrue?

Cebellos played in the last game so he is fit enough to play some part. He didn't get on at all.

And as said Cebellos was already injured when we sent Harriot out on loan.

In fact we wanted to sell him and had an offer from Wigan which they didn't think was enough so held out for more. Wigan went elsewhere so he was shipped out o loan and the useless McAleny brought in.

Now Callum is 6 months away from a being a free agent and can talk to other clubs.

You do realise that Ceballos was about to come on yesterday dont you?

He was stripped and was receiving instructions when Holmes-Dennis got sent off... Because of that decision we rightly had to put Williams on to tighten up with the 10-men
  • Options
    I like Harrriot, always have even when he was on a bad run of form. I hope we get him to sign a long term contract before selling him in a couple of years.
  • Options

Pleeeeeeeasssseeeee.

More like he came back and played an excellent, man of the match, 90 minutes in the Championship and is being praised for it. As he should. Not sure how anyone could possibly have a problem with this.
    That of course was good to see.

He started his career well and fell away only to be rejuvenated in the Riga period.

Last season he did not kick on and I feel he needs a move away.
  • Options

Pleeeeeeeasssseeeee.

More like he came back and played an excellent, man of the match, 90 minutes in the Championship and is being praised for it. As he should. Not sure how anyone could possibly have a problem with this.
    Far too sensible, sort it out!! Off with his head!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What a delight to see a player with real pace, taking defenders on, putting in beautiful low dangerous crosses, and shooting on sight. The highlight of my visit this year, some excitement at last. He may well have been responsible for gaining two more lifelong Charlton fans in my daughters, who both now want to come to Colchester with me next week.
  • Options

What a delight to see a player with real pace, taking defenders on, putting in beautiful low dangerous crosses, and shooting on sight. The highlight of my visit this year, some excitement at last. He may well have been responsible for gaining two more lifelong Charlton fans in my daughters, who both now want to come to Colchester with me next week.

Harriott will be cup tied having already played in earlier rounds for Colchester!
  • Options
    There was never a doubt in his ability Imo it was his mental strength and him not being given any chance to fuck up on the pitch without boos and abuse,

Now we will see if he has seen that careers can by wasted if you don't grasp the opportunity given

He needed the break more than we did tbh
  • Options
    LenGlover said:

Harriott will be cup tied having already played in earlier rounds for Colchester!
    Damn, forgot about that. Oh well they've got tickets now and it will be their last chance to watch us for another year.
  • Options

Well done Callum... Made it into the Team of the Week

Thoroughly deserved.
  • Options

good for him
  • Options
    Dare I say that maybe this is just a good example of how to develop a young player? Bring him into the first team when he's young, hungry, and perhaps a bit too naive to play with fear. When it looks like the pressure and responsibility are starting to get to him, loan him out to a lower level where he can play regularly and get some confidence, and then bring him back in when you feel he's ready or you're desperate.

It seems to have worked with Popey as well. Was certainly a much better player this year than he was last. Lennon clearly benefited from getting senior games. Hopefully KAG and RCC can have similar experiences. KAG in particular seems in desperate need of playing regularly.
  • Options
    If I recall correctly when my youngest lad did a CACT football course a couple of summers back, Callum was one of the "meet the players" on the final day. By all accounts a really nice bloke who was more than happy to give up his time to chat with the kids. To be fair most of the players are. Bikey was one who my lad said was really great.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    SDAddick said:

Dare I say that maybe this is just a good example of how to develop a young player? Bring him into the first team when he's young, hungry, and perhaps a bit too naive to play with fear. When it looks like the pressure and responsibility are starting to get to him, loan him out to a lower level where he can play regularly and get some confidence, and then bring him back in when you feel he's ready or you're desperate.

It seems to have worked with Popey as well. Was certainly a much better player this year than he was last. Lennon clearly benefited from getting senior games. Hopefully KAG and RCC can have similar experiences. KAG in particular seems in desperate need of playing regularly.

Please can you not post if you are not on message with the vision. The way ahead is to rush them into the side, let them play less than a dozen games before they get injured and then sell them. And then get them back on loan a year or so later.
  • Options
    Right, sorry. We are at war with Eastasia and always have been.
  • Options
    Hope he can do what Bulot did second half of last year! Provide another outlet trouble defenses and score goals!

This in itself will mean teams can't double up on JBG so he will hopefully return to format! Wishful thinking maybe, but could just save our season.
  • Options

Hope he can do what Bulot did second half of last year! Provide another outlet trouble defenses and score goals!

This in itself will mean teams can't double up on JBG so he will hopefully return to format! Wishful thinking maybe, but could just save our season.

Would be nice to see but I guess if Harriott is on the left, the Right Mid / Back for the opposition will gang up on him whilst Johann will have the same issues the other side

What I've enjoyed about the Fraeye reign was the way the Midfield operated against Sheffield Wednesday... Yes we didnt have any wide players (Was narrow with Ba / Jackson / Diarra and Johann behind the Strikers) but all of them were forever moving about, each occupying whichever position needed filling, it made them difficult to man mark and we benefited from it.

Strangely we've not seen it again and its almost like Fraeye turned round and said, nahhh that obviously didnt work, wont be trying that anymore!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    When Chris Powell was managing us , i remember a story of Harry Redknapp who was managing Spurs at the time , coming along and seeing Callum play,possibly for the under 21's , and Harry asking , whose that fella you've got there?
    Chris replied its £15 million if you want him.

Its fair to say we've not seen a consistent Callum for a long time, i really hope his spell at Colchester has helped him a lot as a player and as a person , he took lot of abuse from the Charlton fans the last time he was here , its a brave guy that bounces back and shoves criticism back down peoples throat and proves them wrong.

My abiding image when he last played for us was falling over his own feet when he tried to do something clever and injuring himself.

I really hope for his sake and ours that he can blow hot more times than he blows cold , wingers thrive on confidence, and given our placing in the table at the moment , we need all the creativity and goalscoring that we can get.

I'd love to see Callum produce for the rest of the season, really enjoy being with us , and to sign a new contract , then everyone's happy.
  • Options

What I've enjoyed about the Fraeye reign was the way the Midfield operated against Sheffield Wednesday... Yes we didnt have any wide players (Was narrow with Ba / Jackson / Diarra and Johann behind the Strikers) but all of them were forever moving about, each occupying whichever position needed filling, it made them difficult to man mark and we benefited from it.

Strangely we've not seen it again and its almost like Fraeye turned round and said, nahhh that obviously didnt work, wont be trying that anymore!!
    I think a big part of why we haven't seen it since is that we've struggled to have three CMs in the squad (when Diarra has been in he's usually been forced to play at the back). Additionally, I don't think Cousins, Ba or JJ are well suited to the role at the base of the diamond. That said, Poyet is, and the prospect of playing a midfield three fro Cousin, Poyet, Diarra, Ba, and Jackson sounds decent to me.

I also think that Cousins and Poyet are well suited to playing in the "double 6" role in a 4-2-3-1, which (if short term injuries/fitness clears up) could allow us a front four from Vaz Te, Johann, Callum, Ceballos, Mak, Lookie, Reza.

Both of those should represent a squad (with a proper manager) who should be further up the table than we are now. There is also the potential for a lot of movement and inter-change, which I think is always good, while at the same time having players who can anchor the midfield (Diarra, Poyet) and lead the line (Mak, maybe Reza).
  • Options

Someone show that to our scouting team and tell them that's the 11 players we need to sign.
  • Options

Someone show that to our scouting team and tell them that's the 11 players we need to sign.
    The majority of that 11 are Championship stalwarts and also within our budget
  • Options
    edited January 2016

The majority of that 11 are Championship stalwarts and also within our budget
    Doubt Adomah or Norwood are, nor is George Friend
  • Options
    http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/article.cfm?id=115331&headline=Charlton boss reveals his delight at attitude and return of youngster&sectionIs=sport&searchyear=2016

Wonder what Colin thinks of Harriot now?

Dismissed him as league 1 level before but now Carol rates him will Colin change his tune?