Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Addicks v's Forest match thread 2/1/16 (including as much as I can the off-pitch goings-on)

Comments

• Great stuff, there till the end. Lots of good humoured stuff too. ( the seb worm and he's our manager songs)
  • Well done everyone. This must continue.
  • nearly 60k views and 840 comments....unbelievable

KM has the whole workforce pressing f5 and keeping her updated!!!
  • Shock horror Mr Interim Manager when things go wrong the fans try to do something about it - what do you do Mr Fraeye and Ms Meire just carry on at full steam ahead for the icebergs?
  • sm said:

Shock horror Mr Interim Manager when things go wrong the fans try to do something about it - what do you do Mr Fraeye and Ms Meire just carry on at full steam ahead for the icebergs?

• bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

bobmunro said:

smiffyboy said:

Good man smiffy

I'm back at work Monday will speak to a few people and see if I can get hold of glue they do the underground posters with
    See if you can also get hold of some of that yellow paint they use to paint signs in tunnels!
    What we using that for Bob
    Again another feeble attempt at humour from me - OFAH fans would understand!

Mind you, framing the posters with the paint would make them stand out in the dark!
    Trotter's painted the Chinese takeaway kitchen with the stuff. Looked great in the dark :-)

• I just want to say thank you RM for a flawless match thread and very well done to all of you for your protest efforts.
  • Sponsored links:

• RedChaser said:

sm said:

Shock horror Mr Interim Manager when things go wrong the fans try to do something about it - what do you do Mr Fraeye and Ms Meire just carry on at full steam ahead for the icebergs?

I wanted a mock up in the style of De Caprio and Kate Winslet at the prow!
  • Been away today and gave just caught up on this whole thread - honestly thought there'd be less there after the game than before, very happy to be surprised. Good work all those involved, keep it up.
  • And where are the Hitler bunker parodies!
  • edited January 2016
    sm said:

RedChaser said:

sm said:

I wanted a mock up in the style of De Caprio and Kate Winslet at the prow!
    Sorry mate, is this better? :wink:

Or this might be more apt;
  • edited January 2016
    C4FC4L1f3 said:

nearly 60k views and 840 comments....unbelievable

KM has the whole workforce pressing f5 and keeping her updated!!!
    By workforce do you mean Carol Fry?

I bet he's holed up in a broom cupboard at training ground doing pinocchio's weekly online food shop. They only let him out on match day so he takes some of the abuse.
  • TH-D got himself s/o probably why Fox preferred.
    Williams never going to start for various reasons but we'll start & finish with 'match fitness'.
    You don't sub centre halves unless they are 'under the weather' eg Mark Fish v Man City c2004

• mogodon said:

I hope the police are not going to get stupid and take the side of KM & Co too much

Police were very good natured, much more so than stewards. I tried to enter the lounge and had some banter with one. Just want a quick word with Katrien. No? What law would I be breaking. Ok match is over but when am obliged to leave premises? 5' after whistle 15'? You lot have kept me coralled for 30' before now. He was smiling as he denied my every request.
    Good to hear. Most of the guys who work there are Charlton fans and feel our pain.
    Police were fine, and I had a laugh with the external stewards, but the club-employed ones were humourless, bossy and at one point shoved some of the protesters for no apparent reason other than making a point
    Yes, and one of those protesters was me. The internal stewards came rushing past me like there was a fire somewhere - knocked me so hard I fell into the poor fella standing in front of me. If it hadn't been for him standing there I would have been flat on my face on the floor.
  • edited January 2016
    James Cordan has tweeted to his 5.2 million followers about us.
  • Sponsored links:

• Good turn out which made its point.

She wasn't laughing or taking photos and had to sneak out of the ground.

I was told she didn't celebrate our goal. Well I suppose you font cheer in a restaurant.

But remember this is not the war won.

We all need to keep up the pressure.

We all need to keep reminding them that we want them out.

We need to find as many legal methods as possible to get under their skins.

And we got more donations for more scarves today
    See you at Blackburn.

Good turn out which made its point.

She wasn't laughing or taking photos and had to sneak out of the ground.

I was told she didn't celebrate our goal. Well I suppose you font cheer in a restaurant.

But remember this is not the war won.

We all need to keep up the pressure.

We all need to keep reminding them that we want them out.

We need to find as many legal methods as possible to get under their skins.

And we got more donations for more scarves today
    See you at Blackburn.

She was laughing during the first chant of stand up if you want them out. And she thinks we are weird, can't control herself!
  • edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

I know it is wrong and childish but I really hoped a Ninja vanguard of Charlton protestors had got inside. There are ways in, just not going to let them know I know on here.

Plenty ways in and ways out. KM/RM/ etc could have made an escape from any corner of the ground and by-passed the main protest. Direct confrontation is what she probably fears most- Watford away showed that and that was just one angry fan on that occasion. There was a plain clothes security guy at one exit into Harvey Gardens, very smart, black suit, friendly with the security stewards when his guard was down, name of Aaron, who was wired up and relaying messages.
    The protest was brilliant today and can become more organised and more tactical in coming weeks.
  • Well done to everyone. The scenes are quite stirring. Great to see peaceful, mindful protests.

I'll repost this as the date gets closer, but I'll be in London as of the first week of February. I'll be coming back to the states a couple weeks later, and if any of the North American based supporters would like I can get black and white scarves and ship them once I'm back (if it's easier for everyone).

Also, as has been mentioned on a few occasions, I would anticipate that this is the beginning, rather than the end. I know that must feel strange given today's turnout, as well as the fact that many of you have been working on this for some time. But owners don't just decide to up sticks and leave overnight, and when they do, it's usually for the worse.