Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5pm Protest, Pictures, Videos & Reaction

14567810»

Comments

• Options

addick05 said:

Fantastic atmosphere. Can't believe those prats in the lounges who stood looking down at us. They should be ashamed of themselves, hope they choked on their prawn sarnies!

I am one of those looking down and I fully support the protest. I didn't go out because I was looking after my 88 year old father who is in a wheelchair.

I like to think that I did a little bit by speaking to KM twice in the corridor as she walked past me. The first time I said that I hoped she had read the Guardian and on the second I asked her why she doesn't answer emails - I had previously sent three which went unanswered.

Many in those lounges support the protest too. We have already paid for our packages and to not use them would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces.
    Did she saying anything back?
  • Options
    I like those pavement 'ads' that I assume are done with air and actually clean the pavement through a template they last for ages
  • Options
    Ah reverse grafitti, need a pressure washer and probably illegal too
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    razil said:

Perhaps not - GCHQ recently ran a recruitment campaign utilising similar methods of graffiti.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/13/gchq-wants-to-recruit-hipsters-and-is-advertising-with-graffiti-in-shoreditch-5498499/

Could be worth investigating; I think the legalities could change if it was done on property owned by CAFC - it still shouldn't be criminal damage though, and worst case scenario leaves us with the approach to The Valley as a canvas.

Edit: Apologies - I tell a lie mate, that campaign used the type of graffiti you mentioned which cleans the pavement using air according to the independent.

Could also be used for a play on words - "Cleaning up SE7".
  • Options
    CAFCsayer said:

If there was any way we could get Paddy Power in on something it would go viral

You could get to PaddyPower via their media company - M2M. I do know a director of M2M....
  • Options
    Stig said:

That Yohann one absolutely cracks me up.

Mine I'm happy to say (the words, not the design)
  • Options
    H
    waldo said:

Beckboy said:

We need Anonymous hacking group to take down Strapix computer network and keep doing it until he fooks off ;-)

Now that is an interesting and probably more effective approach.
    Staprix is merely a holding company. I doubt it's even got one desk let alone a computer network!
  • Options
    The protest has been mentioned on The Football Supporters' Federation Facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/thefsf/?fref=nf
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Well done to all of you, with a mention for RedPanda. The more we use the media the better. We will fight them on the terraces, we will fight them in the the media. We will never surrender, we are Charlton and you are pathetic.
  • Options
    Not sure if this has been posted, but we were mentioned on Sky Sport's Sunday Supplement show. They release the show as a podcast - it can be listened to here:

http://bit.ly/1PHTU2q

There is a segment about general club neglect - discussing Villa, Sunderland, Bolton etc, which starts at 45:00min. The Charlton-specific part starts at 49:20mins.

I recommend listening to the whole 6 mins or so. The points made about Aston Villa could quite easily be referring to us and there are several parallels: a CEO with no prior experience, awful decisions being made at every level, absentee owner, a lack of respect for the supporters.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

razil said:

Perhaps not - GCHQ recently ran a recruitment campaign utilising similar methods of graffiti.

http://metro.co.uk/2015/11/13/gchq-wants-to-recruit-hipsters-and-is-advertising-with-graffiti-in-shoreditch-5498499/

Could be worth investigating; I think the legalities could change if it was done on property owned by CAFC - it still shouldn't be criminal damage though, and worst case scenario leaves us with the approach to The Valley as a canvas.

Edit: Apologies - I tell a lie mate, that campaign used the type of graffiti you mentioned which cleans the pavement using air according to the independent.

Could also be used for a play on words - "Cleaning up SE7".
    They also offer a service extra - clean-up of the graffiti - in case the weather doesn't take care of it for you.

On their site they say "Council permissions/permits, fees or other site fees are not included in these planning rates and would be charged separately where applicable." I'll write and ask a general question or two about permissions and post the response I get.
  • Options

addick05 said:

Fantastic atmosphere. Can't believe those prats in the lounges who stood looking down at us. They should be ashamed of themselves, hope they choked on their prawn sarnies!

I am one of those looking down and I fully support the protest. I didn't go out because I was looking after my 88 year old father who is in a wheelchair.

I like to think that I did a little bit by speaking to KM twice in the corridor as she walked past me. The first time I said that I hoped she had read the Guardian and on the second I asked her why she doesn't answer emails - I had previously sent three which went unanswered.

Many in those lounges support the protest too. We have already paid for our packages and to not use them would be cutting off our noses to spite our faces.
    Did she saying anything back?
    She didn't say anything to me at all, but looked a bit taken aback that I actually dared to talk to her.
  • Options
    Pedro45 said:

CAFCsayer said:

If there was any way we could get Paddy Power in on something it would go viral

You could get to PaddyPower via their media company - M2M. I do know a director of M2M....
    Have a word!
  • Options
    As promised, a little bit of Chalk Ad information from http://www.promobikes.co.uk

N.B. I didn't shop around, just went to the first provider I came across.

From their website:-

Chalk Ads
    Like clean stencils the ‘Graffiti stencil’ is used and spray chalk is put through the stencil to create an image on the pavement or road for the advertiser that is temporary and will wash away in time. A good example of this is for QR codes that can be stencilled onto the pavement and read using smart phones.

Product Notes
    Production lead time from receipt of artwork: Typically 2 Weeks
    Booking lead time: Typically 4 Weeks
    This is a guerrilla format and planners should communicate that the client is liable for the campaign and it’s outcome at all times.
    Minimum 25 stencils per location (postal district, neighborhood or town).
    Where the stencils should only be visible for a specific time period, we recommend a clean off cost is built into the final project costs. Please enquire for removal costs if required. Estimate clean off costs £600 per campaign pack of 25 stencils.
    Rates include production of 1 creative design only. If additional designs are required this are charged at £250 per design.

From an email responding to general questions I asked about permissions:-

Thanks for your email and enquiry.
    The Chalk Ads are guerilla campaigns so we need to communicate the potential
    risks ie fine or request for removal where they are in public areas.

We recommend that the chalks are applied for a certain period and we remove
    them afterwards as in previous campaigns.

I hope this helps.
    Kind regards,
    Mark Dawson

Tel: 020 7978 6399 (London Office)
    Tel: 01423 323223 (Harrogate Office)
    Fax: 020 7978 6394
    E-mail: mark@promogroup.co.uk

Not cheap, happy to scope more detail if required, just let me know.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options
    I'm pretty confident Greenwich Council won't care or even notice about stencilling stuff, it's hopeless in street cleaning around The Valley (Floyd Road in particular has been allowed to become a flytipping hotspot in recent years).
  • Options

I'm pretty confident Greenwich Council won't care or even notice about stencilling stuff, it's hopeless in street cleaning around The Valley (Floyd Road in particular has been allowed to become a flytipping hotspot in recent years).

We should do the stencilling illegally and add a " © Katrein Meire" at the bottom. That way she gets to pay for the protest against her as well.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Mentioned in a separate thread but , heres the response from 'signkick' regarding their sites/billboards and whether they'd allow us to use them...

There is no problem with voicing an opinion as long as it isn’t slanderous or untrue. you can use our online booking platform to search for sites, simply click on the search panels button at the top of our home page and follow the instructions through a short email verification process.
    Once you’ve found your sites simply pop them in your basket and complete the booking just like any other online shop. once you’ve done this we’ll send you artwork delivery specs which show you how your artwork should be sent to us so we can print it.

Be aware that if the site is on land owned by the club they will as the landlord have the right to aske for it to be removed. so aim for something close by and not on the building or land around the stadium. you can also find guidelines from the ASA (advertising standards authority) website to help you circumvent any challenges to your designs.

A reasonable amount of billboards/sites around Charlton and Greenwich , but a few of interest :

685 woolwich way - £727PW available from 15th Feb

Anchor & Hope lane junc Bugsby way - £248PW available from 29th Feb