Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5pm Protest, Pictures, Videos & Reaction

Comments

• Options
    Re posters. There are three elements

Design

Production

media (the cost of the billboard space)

The person I'm aware of best placed to investigate the feasibility and cost of securing the space is @DamoNorthStand.

Things may have changed but at the time of the Valley Party billboards were normally rented for a calendar month

For design, I'd nominate @Stig to do a brilliant job

Production; again things have changed in 25 years, hopefully someone with relevant experience will come forward.

It won't be cheap. The Valley Party billboard design and production were financed by a rich advertising agency, which also persuaded the billboard space owners that our campaign was a "charity".
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Design

Production

The person I'm aware of best placed to investigate the feasibility and cost of securing the space is @DamoNorthStand.

Things may have changed but at the time of the Valley Party billboards were normally rented for a calendar month

Production; again things have changed in 25 years, hopefully someone with relevant experience will come forward.

It won't be cheap. The Valley Party billboard design and production were financed by a rich advertising agency, which also persuaded the billboard space owners that our campaign was a "charity".

Lighting projections could be an extra option and surely cheaper.

Not sure how you'd do it but imagine it would be pretty simple to project images and protest slogans onto the valley temporarily etc which would be very effective at night games. Bit like the ones people put on parliament.

Wouldn't have a clue where to start with it but sure some techies on here would have an idea.
  • Options
    Thanks for the nomination @PragueAddick I'd personally be happy to help. Though having said that I think that @Nug has done some brilliant work with the postcards and should be a prime consideration (if he's interested).
  • Options
    Stig said:

Thanks for the nomination @PragueAddick I'd personally be happy to help. Though having said that I think that @Nug has done some brilliant work with the postcards and should be a prime consideration (if he's interested).

Agreed. Work in tandem. @LeaburnForEngland may be a good guy for this too.

• Sponsored links:

• Options

Design

Production

Lighting projections could be an extra option and surely cheaper.

Not sure how you'd do it but imagine it would be pretty simple to project images and protest slogans onto the valley temporarily etc which would be very effective at night games. Bit like the ones people put on parliament.

Wouldn't have a clue where to start with it but sure some techies on here would have an idea.
    That's a good idea. Anyone who works in PR or event management probably knows all about this, (including the legal issues).

• Options
    edited January 2016
    I think your number 1 consideration for the projection would be a fan living on Floyd Road/Harvey Gardens with a window pointing unobscuredly at a nice piece of Valley.
    Not sure on the legalities mind but worse case you'd only need it up for 5-minutes to take a few sweet pictures :wink:
  • Options
    Hire a place in the car park on a match day. Park the van up there and project beautiful protest images over the heads of protesting fans onto the west stand.
  • Options
    Have to echo all the positive posts on yesterday's protests. Thought it was a huge success and certainly caused an inconvenience, with the club having to find alternative exits for their guests, including the board of Nottingham Forest, who on various occasions took an interested glance at the peaceful yet audible gathering outside. Well done to all who arranged this and to all who took part in it. I wonder how long it will be until the club make a statement ? Until they do, we must continue to act in the positive manner which we have done to date, remembering to keep it focussed on our objectives.
  • Options
    Fumbluff said:

I think your number 1 consideration for the projection would be a fan living on Floyd Road/Harvey Gardens with a window pointing unobscuredly at a nice piece of Valley.
    Not sure on the legalities mind but worse case you'd only need it up for 5-minutes to take a few sweet pictures :wink:

Absolutely, that's how you make the most of it, get the pictures of it into the wider media. That was a key part of the VP billboard tactics.

• Options

Fumbluff said:

Absolutely, that's how you make the most of it, get the pictures of it into the wider media. That was a key part of the VP billboard tactics.

You could always drop some leaflets to the local residents and ask permission to project something from their property, maybe even offer some incentive ??
  • Options
    Can we hire a projector?
  • Options
    You can get Billboard space for £140 a week in Charlton/Woolwich area.
  • Options
    Well done everyone yesterday.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Any traction in a Sparrows Lane early morning presence or vigil?
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Great video, not mine. Comprehensive coverage of both protests:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZAR3Y7dn558&feature=youtu.be

Well done Matt (son of Sam) for your recording and for it now being shown by a German News agency, let's hope it go viral like your recording of the Belgrade Derby from 2 years ago which made Charlton V Millwall look like a Friendly.

I Say again that the protests were for the CAFC supporters living and Dead.

Maybe the Trainspotters tag can be put in the dustbin of History now.

PS non-violent and not too much Swearing gets it used by National
    Tv companies not just on you tube.

Keeps your brains in gears

• Options
    This is only the beginning. Miered, you do understand that don't you?
  • Options
    The silence from the club is deafening.
  • Options
    Stig said:

Stig said:

A friend's recording of the crowd on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2uUTc1pFLk

Great vid @Eynsfordaddick would your friend mind if I posted it on Facebook.
    Hi Stig, he will be happy for you to post it.
    Brilliant. Thank you - and him :-)
    Stig - where have you posted on facebook? Having spoken to him again this morning he has asked if you can add he took it. His name is Chris Winterman. Thanks

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Badger said:

You can get Billboard space for £140 a week in Charlton/Woolwich area.

Packing out a section of the west stand and handing each person a section of a much larger picture or polite message that when held up in unison the tv cameras could pick up on might be something that grabs attention for less cost...
  • Options
    Nug said:

Happy to help in anyway, design and production in ad agency is my job so no costs involved on that side of things.

Likewise, happy to help if needed!