Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

5pm Protest, Pictures, Videos & Reaction

Comments

• Options

#‎WeWantOurClubBack‬

That is good :smiley:
  • Options
    edited January 2016

A friend's recording of the crowd on YouTube:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2uUTc1pFLk

Thanks for sharing, this gives me goose bumps watching it. A real ''I was there' moment. Great passion that most normal businesses would engage with and harness to mutual benefit, not alienate.

He was more than happy that so many people have appreciated it! It's called 'Charlton Protest 2/1/2016'on YouTube by Chris Winterman, a life long addick .
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Any realistic estimates as to how many were there?
  • Options
    Hard to tell, couple of thousand maybe? Definitely four figures anyway.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    stonemuse said:

Comfortably 2000, will be published in the Blackburn programme.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

stonemuse said:

Comfortably 2000, will be published in the Blackburn programme.
    This, plus a few hundred at the 2.20 to 2.50 matinee Showing of

The Katrien Rocky horror Charlton show.

Before the 5pm performance in front of thousands.

Is that the first time a cinema manager has ever been chanted at ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Perhaps we can arrange for an orgy in the centre circle over one night. Perhaps KM might understand that?
  • Options
    It was a great turn out but now we know the numbers in support are gaining. We really need to take these protests up a notch.
  • Options
    ="Quote" rel="Algarveaddick">Just listened to all the phone calls, well done all and fair play to Collymore - he was genuinely passionate and wound up by it, clearly.

Ditto, Algarveaddick.

Thought all our callers stated clearly our problems with the current regime although maybe another time, also hone in on their comments regarding winning games & show casing young stars of the future before they're sold on to Prem Clubs.

To my mind, this is a further indication of the mind set of RD/KM and sets our Club apart from ALL the others ...

Oh and the suggestion that RD's plans to reshape our future will be replicated by other non EPL clubs as this is the "only "way forward...( or words to that effect.

That alone should make other owners & Chairmen sit up & take notice.

Onwards & upwards for the BOGOF campaign

( "Buy" one, get one free as with RD & his disciple)

• Options
    stonemuse said:

I wandered round at the final whistle and it looked like everyone from the West Stand, including those with B&W scarves, was leaving. For a moment I thought the protest had been called off. Anyway, I hung around for 45 minutes (I know, lightweight) and was astonished at the size of the crowd I had to get through by that time. Fantastic demonstration of solidarity.
  • Options
    In addition to my billboard suggestion , how about renting/buying a projector and project images/videos onto the valley or car park (remember the England flag on the Eiffel Tower? http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage/news/4365562/Show-em-no-merci-We-beam-England-flag-on-Paris-icons-the-Eiffel-Tower-and-Arc-de-Triomphe-ahead-of-France-v-England-at-the-Euros.html)

Could be seen from the boardroom and would add to the visual side of the protests
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Works for me Lookie
  • Options
    Very good @LoOkOuT
  • Options

It'd be interesting if we draw away at Colchester in the FA Cup meaning a replay at The Valley.

Season Ticket holders around the ground would then be able to get themselves West Lower tickets and really go to town on RM, KM etc

I sit the row just below the director's seating area. My anger when Forest scored y'day resulted in me turning to her and shouting something about getting another f****** sofa. Just angry words that come out in the heat of the moment.

She's flanked by security now which I don't really have a problem with. I expect if results continue to be poor between now and Blackburn she won't take her seat toward the front. I see absolutely nothing wrong with her bearing the brunt of our frustration though. She is after all RD's trusted right hand woman
  • Options

Perhaps we can arrange for an orgy in the centre circle over one night. Perhaps KM might understand that?

Telly Tubby have you gone Laa-Laa ?
    after yesterday maybe your Dipsy ?
    OK count me in ? Tinky Winkie at the ready :blush: