Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

5pm Protest, Pictures, Videos & Reaction

Comments

• Can we take over the big screen on a matchday lol
    LuckyReds said:

redman said:

Is there a billboard outside RD office in Belgium? This might have a big impact

If we can't find out where he works I think it would be just as effective to put one big bastard sized billboard poster somewhere that will really embarrass him. Brussels mainline station for example.

Something tells me this form of embarrassment may be rather alien to him, and could be more unsettling than the protests he had to deal with (in person, on occasion) previously at Standard Liege. In some ways, the regime should be pretty clued up on handling Fan Action from their dealings with SL, I would say the same for our fans though - it's not our first fight and I think the level of organisation shown so far has demonstrated this splendidly.

On a side note, I was browsing the wikipedia article for Roland and couldn't help but have a giggle at this little nugget regarding his book:
    A new political party BANAAN ("Beter Alternatieven Nastreven Als Apathisch Nietsdoen", or "Better seeking for alternatives than doing nothing in apathy") used this book as its political program.
    How rather apt for us at the moment.

Let's make it our motto!
  • Any houses outside the ground which might be willing to display poster/s for £50 a week?

A grand could buy us 20 for every matchday remaining I'm sure!
  • waldo said:

Beckboy said:

We need Anonymous hacking group to take down Strapix computer network and keep doing it until he fooks off ;-)

Now that is an interesting and probably more effective approach.
    Shame they can't hack into the big screen and put one of nug's postcards up on it. I know it's not an open circuit, but it would be funny.

• edited January 2016
    Simon E said:

waldo said:

Beckboy said:

We need Anonymous hacking group to take down Strapix computer network and keep doing it until he fooks off ;-)

Shame they can't hack into the big screen and put one of nug's postcards up on it. I know it's not an open circuit, but it would be funny.

Was thinking similar the other day, presume its RF controlled? (I know next to feck all though!)

Would be worth someone hacking it if only to put the bloody player names back on!
  • LuckyReds said:

Simon E said:

waldo said:

Beckboy said:

Was thinking similar the other day, presume its RF controlled? (I know next to feck all though!)
    They were looking for an "added time sponsor" to advertise on it. Would need someone within the club onside though.
  • Some of the projectors used at conferences and seminars range in price from 5k to 25k and are quite delicate in how they need to be operated, I think it's a great idea and one that we can use not only on the valley but other prominent buildings in London and really take advantage of getting the message out past se7, once done here I have no problems using one of my vehicles to travel to Belgium and do the same there but let's not rush let's plan and that starts with understanding the equipment and it's costs, then off line away from prying eyes we can get a group of us together and really move the campaign up a notch,

I know you never really went away but welcome back on board, NLA !

• edited January 2016
    Simon E said:

LuckyReds said:

Simon E said:

waldo said:

Beckboy said:

They were looking for an "added time sponsor" to advertise on it. Would need someone within the club onside though.
    Media students from the University of Greenwich, via Greenwich Bright, more likely! A little bit of digging discovered this gem:
    “The NewTek TriCaster and 3Play 440 systems we have acquired from WTS Broadcast enable us to use a live multi-camera set-up during the game – even though, unlike a TV broadcaster, we only have a limited number of operators on match-day," explained Steve.

“We rely on a great partnership with our shirt sponsor, the University of Greenwich, for our match-day team, as our camera and replay operators are media students from the university. It’s great for them to get real life experience and training, and great for us as they play a big role in helping us deliver the content.
    I must have missed Pie-Cam though:
    “With the TriCaster system we can mix graphics and footage from cameras in the ground in an engaging way. An example of this is our Pie-Cam feature, where the camera focuses on one member of the crowd, who wins a box of pies. That has provided an interaction with the fans which was previously not possible, whilst giving the brand better coverage than a still image on the screen,” Steve explained.
    A quick little stalk of LinkedIn reveals that one of the IT support team used to work at Millwall too.
  • LuckyReds said:

Simon E said:

LuckyReds said:

Simon E said:

waldo said:

Beckboy said:

Media students from the University of Greenwich more likely! A little bit of digging discovered this gem:
    “The NewTek TriCaster and 3Play 440 systems we have acquired from WTS Broadcast enable us to use a live multi-camera set-up during the game – even though, unlike a TV broadcaster, we only have a limited number of operators on match-day," explained Steve.

“We rely on a great partnership with our shirt sponsor, the University of Greenwich, for our match-day team, as our camera and replay operators are media students from the university. It’s great for them to get real life experience and training, and great for us as they play a big role in helping us deliver the content.
    I must have missed Pie-Cam though:
    “With the TriCaster system we can mix graphics and footage from cameras in the ground in an engaging way. An example of this is our Pie-Cam feature, where the camera focuses on one member of the crowd, who wins a box of pies. That has provided an interaction with the fans which was previously not possible, whilst giving the brand better coverage than a still image on the screen,” Steve explained.
    You could be on to something there! Nice.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Another little find - the Commercial Opportunities brochure: http://www.cafc.co.uk/documents/hospitality-brochure-email83-2653345.pdf This must account for a large chunk of the remaining share of the revenue, if we ticket holders are "only 1/3".

Interestingly, by forming a boycott we would surely remove some of that 1/3 - but this would surely shrink the revenue gained by the advertising opportunities that the club offers? As it is, the programme looks to be going, and both perimeter advertising and big screen advertising will have far less value with a smaller audience.

What's left is even more interesting though:

Match Sponsership Experience: You get the traditional advertising, mentioned above. Once again - pretty useless with a minimal audience. However, you also get a "a padded seat in the directors box" and the other hospitality experiences.

Something tells me that a continuation of the protests would hit the hospitality packages immensely; similarly, the type of suggestions about packing out the Lower West would also remove the appeal of the Directors box.. So what else would the club have to offer?
  • Fantastic atmosphere. Can't believe those prats in the lounges who stood looking down at us. They should be ashamed of themselves, hope they choked on their prawn sarnies!
  • Someone mentioned that MELEXIS is RD's Electronics company.
    Well, after a bit of poking around with Streetview , it turns out that there is a JCDecaux bus shelter not far from their front driveway in Ypres that is currently showing a Canon Ad that would fit nicely for a anti RD campaign - even if only for the embarassment factor ?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8737754,2.884239,3a,75y,27.28h,73.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seyzSOg3GOjXhbnx_P_YzTg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656
  • Great work from all concerned, excellent show of unity.

Somebody suggested boycotting the lounges, Bartrams etc, I say occupy to capacity but don't spend a penny once in there.

Yes, I said that earlier. Occupy and don't spend any money.
  • Some excellent work here well done the grafters on here

Think the billboard idea is a great one

Tricky will be geting the message and timing right, perhaps for a double header fixture fortnight, or perhaps to coincide with Blackburn and the start of 'economic sanctions'.

In terms of funding it will more than likely be the biggest cash eater by far of any likely scheme., altho you never know.. So might need to be seperately designated for funds when donating

• waldo said:

stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

Dansk_Red said:

Guys, there is a advertising board on the side of the shop at the top of Floyd Road (Charlton Cars). KM would be unable to avoid it on her walk from the station to The Valley.

I suspect she won't be making that walk again. Expect a car to the ground from now on.
    Depends how far from the ground she lives.
    Doesn't she travel by train?
    Yes, she generally leaves The Valley about 7pm. I think she lives up town.

On match days she usually arrives between 1pm and 1.30pm.
  • waldo said:

stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

Dansk_Red said:

Guys, there is a advertising board on the side of the shop at the top of Floyd Road (Charlton Cars). KM would be unable to avoid it on her walk from the station to The Valley.

I suspect she won't be making that walk again. Expect a car to the ground from now on.

If she drives from now instead could get one of those cheap trackers Hank used on Gus in breaking bad
  • waldo said:

stonemuse said:

mogodon said:

Dansk_Red said:

how long you been stalking her?
  • Sponsored links:

• 1. Offer 110% support to the players. Applaud effort, forgive honest error and wildly celebrate success. Let the boys understand that each match-day XVIII is successively the most important in the club's history as we brace ourselves for 21 Cup Finals. A boycott by s/t holders is of limited value because the ticket's already been paid for - better to be inside roaring support (and no more sarcastic applause for SM, ok?).

2. Economic sanctions. As far as possible treat the club's facilities as irrelevant. Can't do without the ticket office but neglect the sponsorship offers. Don't sacrifice time-honoured match-day rituals but minimise the club spend (for example, our (ancient) mob now depend on Xbars to meet up in comfort but it's strictly one small drink each and no food.) Produce our own souvenir programmes (copyright issues?). Next year run a shirt sponsorship independently. As AB says, make the club simply unmanageable, but find home-grown alternatives.

3. Keep coming to The Valley - make the post-match gathering the campaign's arrowhead. An absentee protest may have a financial impact but it is invisible and inaudible. Better to respond to the summons of the colours and the call of The Valley.

4. This club is ALIVE and will outlast us all. Harsh times may lie ahead but beyond that better days will dawn. You know it, I know it, we all know it - let's make it happen.

We are MANY. We are ONE.
  • Would love to see something like this:

Grand Place
  • Some of the comments on here got me to thinking about the advertising I see on vans etc. so Googled for the UK and found this site:-

http://www.promobikes.co.uk

Lots of creative ideas on here........mobile vans, bikes, blimps etc., flags, building wraps, legal fly posting, chalk ads on roads and pavements........all sorts really.

Have to say I quite like the idea of chalk ads on the roads and pavements on match days http://www.promobikes.co.uk/chalk_ads.html

Anyhow, if you have some time on your hands, take a look.
  • waldo said:

Beckboy said:

Pretty sure that's illegal though.
  • Someone mentioned that MELEXIS is RD's Electronics company.
    Well, after a bit of poking around with Streetview , it turns out that there is a JCDecaux bus shelter not far from their front driveway in Ypres that is currently showing a Canon Ad that would fit nicely for a anti RD campaign - even if only for the embarassment factor ?

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.8737754,2.884239,3a,75y,27.28h,73.58t/data=!3m6!1e1!3m4!1seyzSOg3GOjXhbnx_P_YzTg!2e0!7i13312!8i6656

RD doesn't live in or near Ypres. He lives close to the St-Truiden football ground.
  • If there was any way we could get Paddy Power in on something it would go viral
  • CAFCsayer said:

If there was any way we could get Paddy Power in on something it would go viral

Yep, embracing Social Media going forward could be a powerful bet.

Look at how well the club did out of the "Sex on the pitch" video, as well as that tweet about Bournemouth not counting on us beating them 19-0 at the end of last season.

Paddy Power could well be one of the best bets for having something go viral, they've got the right audience and they've also based a very successful part of their marketing campaign around simply being seen and shared.
  • Another thought has occured to me; would any of our more financially inclined members like a more recent credit report or more financial information on the club? I can definitely get a credit report with ease, but can also get a few pretty graphs/breakdowns of various figures if anyone things there may be something to be gleaned there. (Would it be possible to verify the "1/3 of revenue" claim perhaps, or is this as plausible as I think it sounds?)
  • At the risk of our protest sounding a bit one sided in the media, does anyone know if Talksport etc. have contacted the club to get their side of things. Not that I would expect much response.