Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

PROTEST

Comments

• Options

How much would it cost for an airplane flying over the ground on a match day with a huge get Roland out banner?

Think it's been mentioned before that air traffic control would probably not allow it due to vicinity of City Airport etc.
    DO keep up, sadiejane !

:wink:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Said it before. Take in balloons blow them up at a certain time then release. If too many get onto playing surface game will be delayed. Doesn't affect result but would get more media coverage. Black and white preferable.
  • Options

Given the wide open spaces at The Valley these days wouldn't it be easier for the main body of protesters to mass in one of the stands (North lower?) and

Welly said:

A big protest banner past round the crowd, would draw attention.

theres not enough crowd to do that nowadays
    Would be irritating to for people to have to keep getting up and walking across to the next person in the 'crowd' (about 20 yards away) to hand them the banner
  • Options
    Get the Samba band back. When they turned up to a Red White and Black event at The Valley, they had to be moved on because the team talk couldn't take place as they were too noisy outside the portakabin changing rooms.
  • Options
    At the next after-match Valley protest we need to ensure there are protesters and photographers to cover all possible KM/KF/RM escape routes. The club will have to hire additional security and police even if it doesn't actually happen.
  • Options
    Next Monday, 18th January, the U21's are due to play at home either VCD or Sparrows Lane. Season ticket holders are admitted free to these games on production of your season card.

Door to open push at.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

Dansk_Red said:
    The small 12W megaphone looks good. Would fit into a small rucksack. No idea what you would disguise it as though.
    Not sure if that would be loud enough.

I think you can get 80 watt ones that have a projected field of 1500 meters apparently, for about sixty quid.

I reckon a creative use of megaphones both at the Valley and Sparrows Lane would be effective. There are laws about foul and abusive language, and causing a disturbance which would be a matter of judgement (disturbance).
    For example if your megaphone rant is called a disturbance, it can be countered by saying you are wanting your voice heard.

For an offence is to be proved, after a warning I believe, then any 'noise' has to be measured by a device, but loudspeakers can be used between 8am and 9pm. aircraft noise, factory noise and such like happens all the time. A monologue across the spaces of Sparrows Lane during training, if planned and done well, would probably mightily annoy all the staff there, which before you say it, would be the clear intention of any protest.
    I believe fans turning up to training grounds to tell the players what they think has been done elsewhere in Europe.

There may be other laws breached however. Not that I know what they may be.
    I like this idea Seth. Strange though it may sound, I don't have too much of a problem with getting a caution etc for causing a disturbance but would hate to get a banning order from football stadia (especially Charlton). What actions would be likely to get a ban?
  • Options

Kafka,Get out of my club,and nichorob + others ?

The choice is clear ?

You Cross the line, and we have only 2 % Demonstrating.

We crank it up a bit from last time, and we have Not only the whole of the British media on our side but 50% at least of our fan base.

seth plum said:

No one, including me anymore...I have stupidly been suggesting stuff..., no one ought to write in a public forum what the next level of protest ought to be.
    In the Art of War it says engage your enemies at a time and a place of your choosing, not their choosing.
    The fact that Fraeye and Miere snuck out of Colchester hidden in a laundry basket is an indicator that protest can work.
    Two matches in a row that Katrien has slithered away, bit of a far cry from cheerily travelling on the train with the fans.

The last time i saw that was watch with mother;

Andy Pandy and Lubby loo.

Ah, Lubby loo, my first crush!!
  • Options

Think the Blackburn protest should be before the game, earlier than others have been, say 2pm, and we need some megaphones to intensify the noise.

Serious question.

Other than a megaphone shop, does anybody know where these can be purchased in London?

This is a good idea, 400 @ Hull next week, we need to generate some noise.
    Amazon sell them. If you need to actually go into a shop, Maplin do them.
    Thanks.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Dansk_Red said:
    The small 12W megaphone looks good. Would fit into a small rucksack. No idea what you would disguise it as though.
    An ice cream cone?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:
    An ice cream cone?
  • Options

Dansk_Red said:
    An ice cream cone?
    Madonna's bra if you bought 2 ?

• Options
    I'm going to buy one then when I have a fart brewing.....
  • Options
    Solidgone said:

ShootersHill mentioned a dirty protest. Does that mean having a shit in front of the west standard concourse and smearing the windows with it.....or did he mean another kind of dirty protest?

Didn't I read on here the other day that a fellow Lifer works on a farm? Could be interesting.

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/uk/975012.stm
  • Options
    Stig said:

Solidgone said:

ShootersHill mentioned a dirty protest. Does that mean having a shit in front of the west standard concourse and smearing the windows with it.....or did he mean another kind of dirty protest?

Didn't I read on here the other day that a fellow Lifer works on a farm? Could be interesting.

Yes it's me. We have a variety of shite available. Sheep is probably a bit too dry. Cow would be ideal but we don't have any.
  • Options

Stig said:

Solidgone said:

Yes it's me. We have a variety of shite available. Sheep is probably a bit too dry. Cow would be ideal but we don't have any.
    Any pig's @Arsenetatters ? I want to see if KM really is as thick as......
  • Options
    Just had an exchange with a friend of mine who works on a leading football website.

"I was actually at the Standard Liege game where the fans stormed the directors' box angry at your regime. The fans certainly weren't happy there! Massive protests through the game, which was eventually abandoned! They sacked Guy Luzon the days after the game. Wonder what happened to him?"

So, what chance of storming the box?!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    seth plum said:

Next Monday, 18th January, the U21's are due to play at home either VCD or Sparrows Lane. Season ticket holders are admitted free to these games on production of your season card.

Door to open push at.

And it van be viewed from the public footpath which runs alongside, if it's at Sparrows Lane.
  • Options
    As a CustomerI haven't been to the Restaurant for 2 years, ever since my favourite French dish was removed from the Menu in Jan 14. If it wasn't obvious then to the well meaning fans it must be now. All the clues were there from the beginning. What club would sell their leading goalscorer and Talisman when they are in a relegation scrap. I deduced the owner hadn't a clue about English footy. The other thing we kept hearing was how interested Duchbag was in investing in the Academy. That got me thinking why would he want to pump money into the Training ground yet sell the leading goalscorer as soon as he could. Does he want us to become a Nursery club for other clubs I was thinking. Strange decisions from the start from our owner. Unfortunately all my worst fears have been realised. Shame it took others so long to realise. I can also assure you all this, and that is, the only way to get Duchbag out is by Boycotting and very aggressive protests.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Bump
  • Options
    Shame this wasn't a home game.
  • Options

Shame this wasn't a home game.

There'd be riots.
  • Options
    Is there fire alarm break glasses in the ground how about breaking a load of them 5 minutes before kick off get the ground evacuated, not breaking the law if you genuinely thought you saw a fire
  • Options
    smiffyboy said:

Is there fire alarm break glasses in the ground how about breaking a load of them 5 minutes before kick off get the ground evacuated, not breaking the law if you genuinely thought you saw a fire

The fire alarm has a "match day mode" and the sounders are isolated during the game. Staff would investigate the break glass that had been broken, see there is not a real fire and nobody in the stadium would be any the wiser.
  • Options

smiffyboy said:

The fire alarm has a "match day mode" and the sounders are isolated during the game. Staff would investigate the break glass that had been broken, see there is not a real fire and nobody in the stadium would be any the wiser.
    I thought that there would probably be a match day mode, hence break a couple because most systems have double knock, if one is activated you have a certain amount of time to check it before it goes into evacuation mode incase of false alarm, if two or more are activated the systems realises that it's not a false alarm and goes straight into evacuation, this is how the London Underground system works
  • Options
    Just get 5 tonne of Brussel sprouts and dump them in the west stand car park,
  • Options
    Walk out after 2 minutes
  • Options
    Apart from releasing anger verbally and a bigger protest than last time, I think the Blackburn game *has* to be disrupted, ideally multiple times (whistles, tennis balls, stuff on pitch) simply for the media aspect.