Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• The delay is becoming interesting.

Maybe he is going to be announced with our brand new big signings. Or maybe it will be announced at 4pm. Or maybe they have changed their minds and going for Curbs. Maybe none of these and they are keeping faith with KF.

That times a guess by the way but does always seems to be the time in the afternoon we make announcements.

Sounds more likely he will be announced very soon.
  • cfgs said:

Sven Claes ‏@svenclaes 10m10 minutes ago

Sven Claes Retweeted John Sterne

.@CAFCofficial -CEO Katrien Meire: "Karel Fraeye still coach against Hudders" No confirmation about José Riga. #CAFC

What a complete and utter farce this club has become!
  • @CharltonByBlood @BR7_addick ooops should have deleted the John Sterne bit, the rest is the reply from a foreign journalist when asked by John about Riga.
  • edited January 2016
    I expect when they do finally say something about KM utterances, it will probably be that she learned English at school and does not understand colloquial English. She will wriggle out of it, I'd put money on that bet.
  • We're going to win now tomorrow night - we all know it!!

• PL54 said:

PL54 said:

colin1961 said:

colin1961 said:

sralan said:

If Riga wasn't deemed good enough before, then why bring him back? Couldn't make it up................................................... oh hang on, we're owned and staffed by Belgian tossers with blinkers on.

No one has said he wasn't deemed good enough before.

Yes, they didn't extend his contract and brought Peeters in, but it couldn't have been because he wasn't deemed good enough.

It was more likely because he wasn't a yes man, cost more than Peeters or Peeters had already been agreed as the new manager after Powell, but couldn't start until the summer.
    Riga a very nice bloke spoke to him a few times , his main problem was his family and there reluctance to move to the area ....
    And yet they moved to Blackpool?
    But his family did not that's why he went missing for two weeks to go back home ......
    Why are you continuing to ignore his sons tweet when he stated categorically that Jose wanted to stay and was very disappointed when he was not offered the job .
    He went missing at Blackpool didn't he ?
    Whats that got to do with what his son said ?
    There is talk above that his family moved with him to Blackpool - they didn't, which is why he went AWOL for a bit
    Surely the point is not who wants to be where and who said what. The point is he wouldn't get a look-in at any other Championship club and that we are even taking his possible appointment seriously is a sign of how far we have sunk under the current owners?
  • Sponsored links:

• Madz said:

The delay is becoming interesting.

Maybe he is going to be announced with our brand new big signings. Or maybe it will be announced at 4pm. Or maybe they have changed their minds and going for Curbs. Maybe none of these and they are keeping faith with KF.

That times a guess by the way but does always seems to be the time in the afternoon we make announcements.

Or even more likely, it was more bullshit from the Daily Mail?
  • Sven Claes is normally right on CAFC stuff
  • mogodon said:

Madz said:

mogodon said:

Madz said:

but The Mail only rehashed the SLP story so was that bullshit too?

• Can't see this anywhere on anything officially Charlton. And if it is right, it shows Meire's continuing contempt for us all as she will speak to a Belgian journalist but not to anyone here. Sadly, it also indicates she wasn't dumped in a lay-by on the A12 on Saturday

.@CAFCofficial -CEO Katrien Meire: "Karel Fraeye still coach against Hudders" No confirmation about José Riga. #CAFC https://t.co/v6JKu5N1hD

— Sven Claes (@svenclaes) January 11, 2016
  • edited January 2016

mogodon said:

Madz said:

mogodon said:

Madz said:

but The Mail only rehashed the SLP story so was that bullshit too?

There is so much shit being generated around the club at the moment I wouldn't rule anything out. But apologies to the SLP. Saw it in the Mail and, naturally, they claimed it as their own.
  • The South London Press must have been given the story by someone at the club under the instructions of Meire. I can't believe that there is not any truth in it. That would be bizarre.

Has anybody who tweets looked at Riga's sons account I wonder.

As Airman said the delay is interesting.
  • mogodon said:

Can't see this anywhere on anything officially Charlton. And if it is right, it shows Meire's continuing contempt for us all as she will speak to a Belgian journalist but not to anyone here. Sadly, it also indicates she wasn't dumped in a lay-by on the A12 on Saturday

.@CAFCofficial -CEO Katrien Meire: "Karel Fraeye still coach against Hudders" No confirmation about José Riga. #CAFC https://t.co/v6JKu5N1hD

Its mentioned at the top of this page... ;)
  • The South London Press must have been given the story by someone at the club under the instructions of Meire. I can't believe that there is not any truth in it. That would be bizarre.

Knowing Meire's utter incompetence she probably leaked them the story before she had spoken to Riga or Roland. She's so inept, I wouldn't rule it out.
  • edited January 2016
    Grumpy barstewards
  • Sponsored links:

I would have a look for you but don't know his son's first name, so it is hard to look him up. :(

Well it is for an idiot like me anyway.
  • cfgs said:

The South London Press must have been given the story by someone at the club under the instructions of Meire. I can't believe that there is not any truth in it. That would be bizarre.

I would have a look for you but don't know his son's first name, so it is hard to look him up. :(

Well it is for an idiot like me anyway.
    Greg, I think.

At work, can't twitter.
  • Or KF will still be coach vs Huddersfield. But Riga will be head coach or manager. Then technically her statement is still correct...
  • She forgot to use the word "Interim"

Has Karel actually been promoted?
  • Sven Claes is normally right on CAFC stuff

he's the only on KM seems to actually talk to
  • mogodon said:

Can't see this anywhere on anything officially Charlton. And if it is right, it shows Meire's continuing contempt for us all as she will speak to a Belgian journalist but not to anyone here. Sadly, it also indicates she wasn't dumped in a lay-by on the A12 on Saturday

.@CAFCofficial -CEO Katrien Meire: "Karel Fraeye still coach driver against Hudders" No confirmation about José Riga. #CAFC https://t.co/v6JKu5N1hD

He's found his proper job in the network
  • mogodon said:

Probably she saw that some fans (me included) would be happyish with this appointment and thought "I'll show those customers who is always right"
  • mogodon said:

.@CAFCofficial -CEO Katrien Meire: "Karel Fraeye still coach kit van driver against Hudders" No confirmation about José Riga. #CAFC https://t.co/v6JKu5N1hD

He's found his proper job in the network

• I got a feeling there's been a hitch... and he wont come back.