Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• LuckyReds said:

The only downside is that we are either stuck with Fraeye or we will bring in another Belgian nobody who wants to make it big.

They can't keep Fraeye in place... surely? That's a terrifying thought, but surely even he must be close to sacking this off.
    They can, if he's the only man willing to do the job.
  • LuckyReds said:

The only downside is that we are either stuck with Fraeye or we will bring in another Belgian nobody who wants to make it big.

They can't keep Fraeye in place... surely? That's a terrifying thought, but surely even he must be close to sacking this off.
    They can, if he's the only man Roland is willing to ask to do the job.
    Fixed.
  • I reckon KF will go if we lose to Udders and Euell will take over as "interim interim". After that who knows!
  • If it wasn't before, this is now - without a shadow of a doubt - a complete and utter shambles.
  • I reckon KF will go if when we lose to Udders and Euell will take over as "interim interim". After that who knows!

Fixed it.
  • Enter Riga stage right.

AshBurton said:

If it wasn't before, this is now - without a shadow of a doubt - a complete and utter shambles.

Was there a doubt it was already?
  • NomSoup said:

LuckyReds said:

They can, if he's the only man Roland is willing to ask to do the job.
    Fixed.
    Precisely. There are plenty of unemployed football managers out there, desperate to get back into the game, all far better qualified than Fraeye. The example of Curbishley is quite salient, once you've been out of the dugout for a couple of years, then you really struggle to get back in
  • Sponsored links:

• It's the Delort thread all over again!
  • We must be in the shit if even one of the puppets has turned us down.
  • Hang on. The roundabout has broken down . . .

I think RD is on the same stuff as Dylan...
  • So who is going to be our new head coach then, I am going for Benni McCarthy who is current assistant manager at Sint-Truiden(according to Wikipedia), if not I hear that the Ujpest under 14s coach is a real talent and looking to prove his coaching abilities in England, so everyone cheer up, the good times are coming back............
  • I think the way JR has wandered around Europe from job to job, it will be him. He's just holding out for a better pay off.
  • If Jose rejects us after the club leaked the story to the SLP then it just adds to the list of catastrophic communication errors made by Katrien. Unbelievable Jeff.

The Wicked Witch will use her own **** up an an example of why it is best never to speak to anyone
  • Good on Jose if he has told them to take a running jump.

If KM had leaked this to The New Shopper before it was agreed than this should be the final nail in her coffin.

She has to go and a proper chief executive and manager must be employed now.

• seth plum said:

It might be that Riga won't return if Fraeye is to remain on the scene in some way.

Do you think Riga would have a issue with KF?

Genuinely asking for opinion..
    I have heard this.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Please let this be true. For Riga's self respect, it must be sweet to tell Roland where to stick his control freak empire. And for KM to leak the news when it turned out Jose wanted to negotiate before signing, and not just roll over to get his tummy rubbed.
    Bad news for the Huddersfield 97 though.
  • Good on Jose if he has told them to take a running jump.

If KM had leaked this to The New Shopper before it was agreed than this should be the final nail in her coffin.

When was this leak ?
  • Underwhelming....

Why do we have to limit our search to such a small group of mediocre managers?

Wakey Wakey...........because ROLAND SAYS SO!!!!
  • As I have a poor memory, what Managers with Championship experience are currently available?
  • PL54 said:

Good on Jose if he has told them to take a running jump.

When was this leak ?
    In typical newspaper speak “Riga looks set to return” – “Riga may be asked” – “The Addicks could move before Tuesday’s game. “ All a bit here and there.
    Wonder where Cawley got his story?

• One thing is for sure IF we go up to Huddersfield with the present 'management team' :smiley::smiley::smiley:
    then we are in for another fucking beating............I believe they are much better than us and have a new manager/coach who is starting to turn things around.
    ENOUGH IS SURELY ENOUGH NOW YOU NO MARKS (really wanted to swear & swear again!) I am also SO disappointed in Richard Murray, I really admired the man a few years ago, I thought he had a 'genuine' love for our club!?!?
  • I remember Riga saying that more investment in the squad was needed near the end of the first stint. The worst thing that any Head Coach / manager at the club can say is that more investment is needed. Its a red line from Duchatelet. Luzon was a gonner as soon as he said more investment was needed as was Peeters.

Riga having been not renewed 3 times by Duchatelet, and been fired at Metz and Blackpool, it is a long shot that he may save Charlton this time especially given the current team shambles. Riga may be better than Fraeye but that is not saying much. Riga may take the view that it is better to be in management even if it is a terrible owner, he would be working for. It is easy for managers to fall out favour and the longer they are aware from managing the harder it is to get another job.
  • Well I searched Riga on Twitter and the top post was very interesting