Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    Stig said:

Team bus has left for Hudders.... I'd love to know who was on it

More importantly, who's in the laundry van?
    A crap football team?
  • Options
    No announcement yet - three big points thrown away tomorrow night. Send in the clowns!
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited January 2016

vff said:

vff said:

Riga having been not renewed 3 times by Duchatelet

Riga's contract was not renewed at Charlton.

RIGA RESIGNED FROM LIEGE BOTH TIMES !
    No need to shout. I am not deaf @Covered End. Be interested to hear your information / link on the resigning thing.

Did Riga choose to leave Liege both times ?

Perhaps Duchatelet advised Riga that his contract was not going to be renewed and gave Riga the opportunity to leave instead of being fired ?
    Apologies, but your the umpteenth person on this thread to say that Duchatelet sacked Riga twice.

First time Riga resigned and went to Qatar (presumably for the money).

Second time he resigned, as a protest against the weak squad.
    Its Ok thanks for response. I have not ploughed through the whole thread. I read Chicago Addick and Drinking during the game blogs who mentioned it as being fired. Probably why so many people have that impression too.

Whatever the story, working for Duchatelet, Riga knows the story and that he will be working with limited resource. If Riga doesn't go for it, I can see them going for Peter Taylor, who would be very cheap for Duchatelet as well. That would see Charlton relegated for sure. The only person, I can see who might manage it, is someone like Steve Clarke, who according to Elfsbourg was at FA Cup, as was Peter Taylor. No inside knowledge, just guessing at the next mad move alongside the rest of us.
  • Options

No announcement yet - three big points thrown away tomorrow night. Send in the clowns!

The trouble is the extent of the regime's knowledge of the league it's just another game to them and they probably don't see any difference between Huddersfield and Hull away
  • Options
    No, they probably don't. I'd prefer to have the spivs back in all honesty, at least they were trying to sell us!
  • Options
    without some new players it wouldn't matter if was a Ferguson, Wenger, Mourhino, Paisley combined. You can't make a silk purse out of a pig's ear.
  • Options
    If Fraeye is there tomorrow then presume he remains. Can't see he would go that way and subject himself to more humiliation if told he was being replaced.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    You would have thought that Riga would have already been announced if he was going to take charge of the team tomorrow night.

The fact that it hasn't makes me pretty sure KF isn't going anywhere anytime soon.

Better start getting used to the fact that we will be playing in Div 1 next season (possibly swapping places with the Gills).
  • Options
    Anyone but Frayed,not just Fraeyed at the edges but all the way to the middle, any replacement is going to need to not just be able to darn the Fraeyed edges but also rejuvenate the centre of the cloth.

(Wished now I didn't know how to darn socks)

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    One must assume that for Roland works both ways in this instance, and he will extend his patronage to Fraeye as a reward for all of Fraeye's work.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    We definitely need to get to the bottom of what is going on.
  • Options
    When we see Riga arrive at Huddersfield in a brand new Roller, with gorgeous supermodels alongside him, we'll understand that the delay was caused by him setting out his conditions for taking the job
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It may not have been possible for Riga to take charge at Huddersfield, in which case I am not sure it would have been sensible to announce he was taking over subsequently.

At the same time the SLP story has bought them a little time, as there would have been meltdown with Fraeye still in post and no sign of change. Not that I think they are that clever...

Can't imagine them having Fraeye in charge against Blackburn unless there are two remarkable results in the meantime.
  • Options

It may not have been possible for Riga to take charge at Huddersfield, in which case I am not sure it would have been sensible to announce he was taking over subsequently.

At the same time the rumour has bought them a little time, as there would have been meltdown with Fraeye still in post and no sign of change. Not that I think they are that clever...

Can't imagine them having Fraeye in charge against Blackburn unless there are two remarkable results in the meantime.

Conventionally, if Riga had been announced today, then he probably wouldn't have taken control of the Huddersfield game anyway, as being too soon.

Unfortunately, that's the more important game. We can only hope that the return of the experienced players leads to an improvement
  • Options
    I don't know how to do this but I would send something to SLP along the lines of.:

@richardcrawley

Interested to read your article about the return of Riga and would be interested to know when your source expected this to happen.

Should Riga not have decided to join in the end, would you question whether your source is out of their depth and certainly not fit to be an executive of a Championship football club either personally or in your paper?

• Options
    I doubt Crawley would know
  • Options
    edited January 2016

I don't know how to do this but I would send something to SLP along the lines of.:

@richardcrawley

Interested to read your article about the return of Riga and would be interested to know when your source expected this to happen.

Should Riga not have decided to join in the end, would you question whether your source is out of their depth and certainly not fit to be an executive of a Championship football club either personally or in your paper?

He'd point out that his story didn't say it would definitely happen before Huddersfield, just that it could.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    Is it going to happen at all? Seems only option available to a set up dug down so deep in a hole of their own making.
  • Options
    uote class="Quote" rel="Airman Brown">

@richardcrawley

He'd point out that his story didn't say it would definitely happen before Huddersfield, just that it could.

“Riga looks set to return” – “Riga may be asked” – “The Addicks could move before Tuesday’s game. “
    Full of and's if's and maybe's
  • Options
    It would be hilarious if Riga rejected the job
  • Options

It would be hilarious if Riga rejected the job

Be funny if he flew all the way over just to tell KM to suck his balls

Before holding a cogi training session and telling KF to put the cones out
  • Options
    Riga is 100% back.
    Do like him BUT to me having him back just shows total and utter contempt for the fans again.The next appointment after Riga will be interesting.
  • Options

Riga is 100% back.
    Do like him BUT to me having him back just shows total and utter contempt for the fans again.The next appointment after Riga will be interesting.

I can almost garuntee the appointment after Riga will NOT be interesting in the slightest
  • Options
    Lemme guess, riga till th end of the season to hold fort and keep us up so that the belgian national coach fella can finally take up his long awaited role as head coach of charlton athletic?
  • Options

Riga is 100% back.

I can almost garuntee the appointment after Riga will NOT be interesting in the slightest
    What i meant was Roland has no more friends after Riga, unless of course they do a Mrs Doubtfire job on Luzon.
  • Options

I'd love for them to offer it to Euell but him being one of us, tells them to poke it.

The blokes proved with the u21 that's he's a talented coach, don't let them ruin your career before it's started Jason!

Very true, he could be a future manager but for his sake I hope it's not under this regime.