Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    Probably inevitable that it would come up but I've heard a rumour that the Ujipest manager is on his way to the Valley and will be with us by the weekend. I shudder at the thought of it and hope it's bollocks but I guess nothing would surprise me at the moment.
  • Options
    Roland is rearranging the deck chairs on the Titanic.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Anyway, in a nutshell, the idiot is going to be in charge tonight.

I have this strange feeling that the match thread tonight could be entertaining as the Huddersfield goals go raining in.

I have a strange feeling that we will win tonight. Which will be good, except it will act as a stay of execution for our idiot manager.
    Win tonight? Really?
    Yeah, I know it's weird, I can't explain it, just have this odd feeling like we might actually win a game. Might just be indigestion.
    Guess I was slightly off...
  • Options
    I am so suspicious of this regime.
    Would not be unhappy about Riga return but
    When Riga kept us up with basically CP's team, then wanted the perm job he was overlooked. WHY?
    Does that not signify RD aim for this club , managers who succeed are Not in his business plan. Div 1 and further down the FL we go with incompetent managers not successful ones
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I believe the why is because he would not defer to Karel Fraeye who has been positioned by Roland in the centre of this debacle throughout. Fraeye is Roland's footballing 'eyes and ears', just as Katrien is Roland's day to day 'eyes and ears'. They are both totally loyal to Roland.
  • Options
    Ian Abrahams from Talk Sport has tweeted that he has turned it down !
  • Options

Ian Abrahams from Talk Sport has tweeted that he has turned it down !

Good... Now Merie can really work to get herself out of the mess rather than quick fixes!!
  • Options
    Riga is not the answer. As Rick said, if he returned it's just shuffling deckchairs on the Titanic.

Without wishing to sound all George W Bush, nothing but regime change should now be acceptable to us, and we should increase protests and product boycotts until that happens, and ignore the crumbs (change of manager etc) RD occasional throws our way. And that woman has to be the second to go, after Fraeye.
  • Options
    Jake Bacon ‏@JakeTBacon 1m1 minute ago
    Exclusive on its way.

News regarding Jose Riga will be on @NewsShopperSprt shortly. #cafc

That is the person that did the story with Riga in December.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cfgs said:

Exclusive on its way.

Just seen that myself. Could be interesting.
  • Options
    Reported on newsShopper website Riga wants to help but has not been contacted by club.
  • Options
    cfgs said:

Exclusive on its way.

If the news is Riga is returning then I may finally lose my remaining self restraint
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Report is here

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14200706.Exclusive__Jose_Riga_wants_to_help_rescue_Charlton/

Essentially he wants to come back and help, but nobody has asked him.
  • Options
    No contact between CAFC and Riga.
  • Options

Reported on newsShopper website Riga wants to help but has not been contacted by club.

• Options
    For me this is a huge statement which says that Fraeye will be in charge for the Hull and Blackburn games!!
  • Options
    Lol
  • Options
    I call bullshit on this. He has been talked to he just wants a long term contract. Just a bit of gamesmanship on his part
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Shambles
  • Options
    Riga till end of the season, Pep Guardiola coming in the summer. It all makes sense now
  • Options

I call bullshit on this. He has been talked to he just wants a long term contract. Just a bit of gamesmanship on his part

I wondered the same myself.
  • Options

Simply not true. We are a club that would never tolerate anyone lying, from Katrien Meire downwards. She sets the example of always telling the truth and facing up to your critics.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Riga being quoted in the NS saying that he'd like to come back but hasn't been contacted by RD or KM:

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/charlton/14200706.Exclusive__Jose_Riga_wants_to_help_rescue_Charlton/?

If you made it up people wouldn't believe it.

* Edit- picked up on separate thread
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Red Robin said:

I am so suspicious of this regime.
    Would not be unhappy about Riga return but
    When Riga kept us up with basically CP's team, then wanted the perm job he was overlooked. WHY?
    Does that not signify RD aim for this club , managers who succeed are Not in his business plan. Div 1 and further down the FL we go with incompetent managers not successful ones

Exactly. RD does not want anyone who might keep us up. That's why he didn't keep him, he was too successful!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    It's going to be the Upjest guy - Neboksa Vignjevic :( That's the 'logical' next step to their madness.
  • Options
    Rob62 said:

It's going to be Neboksa Vignjevic :(

Born: April 15, 1968 (age 47), Belgrade, Serbia
    Height: 1.73 m
    Weight: 74 kg
    Current team: Újpest FC
    Position: Midfielder

Is it a player/manager role?
  • Options
    Ben18 said:

Rob62 said:

It's going to be Neboksa Vignjevic :(

Born: April 15, 1968 (age 47), Belgrade, Serbia
    Height: 1.73 m
    Weight: 74 kg
    Current team: Újpest FC
    Position: Midfielder

Is it a player/manager role?
    Doesn't pass the height test I'm afraid.