Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Riga *Might* be coming back

Comments

• Options
    Have we ever had any playing or managerial staff that had any congolese ties?
  • Options
    I've been known to wear this Congolese number a few times...

• Options
    He was the previous Assistant Coach to Jim Magilton @ Melbourne Victory... Hope if he gets the job he doesnt return the favour!!
  • Options
    I think O'loughlin has legs actually
  • Options

Not THE Chris O'Loughlin that led AS V.Club Kinshasa to the quarter final of the CAF cup?

Go Black Dolphins!

Get it right!! We've already had Sporting CP fans moaning that we've got their name wrong.

Their proper nickname should be Go Les Dauphins Noirs
  • Options

Cannot put his name on this forum sorry

fair enough. Thanks for the info?

So to sum up your source said Riga was here (in the UK? at the Valley? at the Training ground?) but since then Riga has said no and so Chris "British manager in the network" OLoughlin is in the frame.

Am I reading that right? @scabbyhorse
    Except he's more South African than British.
  • Options
    What a circus this club is.
  • Options
    Its almost like KM is thinking the following...

This Chris bloke is ruining my club St. Truiden, what can I do to get rid of him...!! Hang on, the Charlton fans are moaning they want a British Manager, they can have Chrissy boy (Its almost Chris Powell), then I can get a better Manager for my club!!
  • Options
    This has got legs it seems
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

This has got legs it seems

What happened to your "friend" saying that Riga would be at the Huddersfield match today!!!
  • Options
    colthe3rd said:

Riga is 100% back.
    Do like him BUT to me having him back just shows total and utter contempt for the fans again.The next appointment after Riga will be interesting.

Riga turned it down.....no Riga

Both from the ITK person? You know that person in your head you talk to doesn't count right?
    Whoa, back up a bit. Never would of thought Riga would turn us down, just putting it out there what i was told.
  • Options
    Duchatelet in moving manager from one of his clubs to another shocker.
  • Options

http://www.soccerladuma.co.za/news/articles/categories/south-africa/chris-o-loghlin-on-orlando-pirates-mamelodi-sundowns/224040

Sint-Truiden coach, Chris O’Loughlin, talks about his first job as Orlando Pirates assistant coach and knocking out Mamelodi Sundowns.

The 37-year-old was promoted from assistant coach to head coach at Sint-Truidense when former head coach, Yannick Ferrera, decided to take the Standard Liege job ahead of the current campaign.

O’Loughlin, who grew up in Cape Town, is the youngest South African to ever be appointed as head coach of a team in a major European league and he explains his rise to the big time.

“It’s been a long road. When I came back to SA from Ireland in 2005 I thought, ‘The 2010 World Cup is around the corner. Let’s see if I can get a coaching opportunity.’ I had my UEFA B badge at the time,” O’Loughlin told Soccer Laduma.

“People told me, ‘It’s impossible. You’re inexperienced. You’ll never coach a top side.’ My first f**king job was as Orlando Pirates’ assistant.

“Then I went to Congo and they said I was crazy. I knocked Mamelodi Sundowns out of the CAF Confederation Cup with AS Vita in 2009, and we went to the quarter-finals.

“Then I went back to Europe and they told me I’d never make it. You can see where I am now. I’ve come a long way and my network is slowly growing, which is important in football and something that did not seem possible seven years ago.”

Seems he's actually South African who was originally British... And he's got anger management issues

Can say that again.
  • Options
    I want Polish Pete as manager.
  • Options
    Fact is guys if memory serves me right and do correct if im wrong , Meire said Roland ONLY likes to work with managers he trusts.
  • Options
    IAIA
    edited January 2016

Not THE Chris O'Loughlin that led AS V.Club Kinshasa to the quarter final of the CAF cup?

Go Black Dolphins!

Get it right!! We've already had Sporting CP fans moaning that we've got their name wrong.

They're called AS Vita Club.

He appears to have zero playing history, though signed to Larne and Cliftonville for a while.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Fact is guys if memory serves me right and do correct if im wrong , Meire said Roland ONLY likes to work with managers he trusts.

Surely all owners would say that? He's just crap at employing people who are up to the job
  • Options
    Two questions.

Is the Riga turning us down based on credible info, or just a guess because of the silence?

Is the O'Loughlin link based on credible info, or just clutching at straws based on how is at RD's clubs?
  • Options
    IA said:

Go Black Dolphins!

They're called AS Vita Club.

He appears to have zero playing history, though signed to Larne and Cliftonville for a while.
    He's only 37-years old though so guess he's from the Mourinho school of coaching (i.e. never played the game)
  • Options

Then how will he ever get to know and trust new managers when this network tire of his ways like Riga has?
  • Options

colthe3rd said:

Riga is 100% back.
    Do like him BUT to me having him back just shows total and utter contempt for the fans again.The next appointment after Riga will be interesting.

Riga turned it down.....no Riga

Both from the ITK person? You know that person in your head you talk to doesn't count right?
    Whoa, back up a bit. Never would of thought Riga would turn us down, just putting it out there what i was told.
    Was thinking the same colthe3rd that was a unfair post TBH

• Options

And they have all proved to be great successes.
    According to Meire yes they have:-)
  • Options

I want Polish Pete as manager.

Anil Koc as club Doctor

Loic Nego as HR Manager... That'll teach Ebbsfleet at least!!
  • Options
    I've had enough .... Stop the ride .... I want to get off !!!
  • Options

St Truiden's record since late September... won 3, draw 2, lost 9 (includes 1 cup defeat).

Quite impressive