Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

David Bowie - RIP

Comments

• Options
    Amazing timeless music.

RIP
  • Options
    Very sad news. Still enjoy his music and always will. Thanks for that. RIP
  • Options
    I'm not even a big fan outside of his 71/72 work but he was a genius, a true artist, ever creative. RIP.
  • Options
    I can't believe the news. I first saw David Bowie at Avery Hill College all those years ago, he was great then and he got better through the years. The music business has lost a true original talent. I have just played Ashes to Ashes in tribute.RIP David.
  • Options
    Isnt Duchatelet the same age?

#justsaying
  • Options
    I doubt many people in the planet have not heard of his name or his music. RIP
  • Options
    Devastated. My all time hero.

RIP
  • Options

Absolutely gutted. A true hero of mine. I had tickets to see him at Milton Keynes in about '82 and my boss wouldn't let me have the time off work.

I "loved" Bowie that much, I said, well I'm going anyway, so you'll just have to sack me.

He relented a couple of days later.

It was the one and only time I saw Bowie.

Today is as memorable, as when I heard about John Lennon & Lady Di's demise.

An RIP if ever there was one for me.

It was July '83, he played Fri 1st, Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd July. I was there on the Sunday, saw him three times altogether. The other two concerts were on The Glass Spider Tour in '87 and Greatest Hits in the early/mid 90's. Milton Keynes Serious Moonlight concert was fantastic but the other two were extremely disappointing.
    Always been my number one, got in to him through having an older sister and I used to play her albums, eventually built up my own collection when I had some money. Have all his major albums on vinyl (up to Tin Machine!), loads of singles and even more albums on CD.

I guess it was Mr Sladden who was being an arse CE?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Gutted. The new album is obvious in this context, what he was trying to say. Glad I listened to it over the weekend before the news, because some of the lyrics are hard to listen to today. RIP, creative genius to the very end
  • Options
    Aladdin Sane one of the first albums in my collection.
    Sound and Visions superb track.
    RIP genius!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Hunky Dory remains one of the best albums ever. RIP.
  • Options
    RIP. A sad loss to the world of music and creativity - indeed to the world altogether.
  • Options
    I'm stunned...Soundtrack to my life, and back in the day, was my Google..
    I attended at least one gig from all his UK tours since '73
    Sad to my bones. RIP David
  • Options
    Riviera said:

Absolutely gutted. A true hero of mine. I had tickets to see him at Milton Keynes in about '82 and my boss wouldn't let me have the time off work.

I "loved" Bowie that much, I said, well I'm going anyway, so you'll just have to sack me.

He relented a couple of days later.

It was the one and only time I saw Bowie.

Today is as memorable, as when I heard about John Lennon & Lady Di's demise.

An RIP if ever there was one for me.

It was July '83, he played Fri 1st, Sat 2nd and Sun 3rd July. I was there on the Sunday, saw him three times altogether. The other two concerts were on The Glass Spider Tour in '87 and Greatest Hits in the early/mid 90's. Milton Keynes Serious Moonlight concert was fantastic but the other two were extremely disappointing.
    Always been my number one, got in to him through having an older sister and I used to play her albums, eventually built up my own collection when I had some money. Have all his major albums on vinyl (up to Tin Machine!), loads of singles and even more albums on CD.

I guess it was Mr Sladden who was being an arse CE?
    No that was '86. Doug Cowdroy the MA at Woolwich. Nice bloke though.
  • Options
    Bloody hell. RIP
  • Options
    Very sad.
  • Options
    Stunned - amazingly talented man and very dignified.

So many brilliant works - defined the 70s. Among the few who deserves the word genius.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Al Murray the318 ‏@almurray
    Anyone else remember the story of the musician who heard Ashes to Ashes and quit because he knew he could never compete?
  • Options
    Some fascinating and insightful tributes on Radio 5live just now.
    Steve Harley talking about the early days in The Three Tuns, Beckenham, which is now a Pizza restaurant ffs.
    Influential doesn't begin to describe Bowie and, to me, this feels like the passing of an era.
  • Options
    Johnnie Jackson ‏@johnnie_jackson 1h1 hour ago
    Ground control to Major Tom....#RIPBowie
  • Options
    I remember when I got my first job going out and buying all his LPs one by one.
    RIP
  • Options

Some fascinating and insightful tributes on Radio 5live just now.
    Steve Harley talking about the early days in The Three Tuns, Beckenham, which is now a Pizza restaurant ffs.
    Influential doesn't begin to describe Bowie and, to me, this feels like the passing of an era.

Listening to that as well, it's now Zizzi's.
  • Options
    Was talking about labyrinth last week saying that i was going to buy it for the kids.

Absolute legend and an absolute shagger to boot!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I once saw him on the New York subway - I was desperate to ask him if the train was going to Grand Central in the hope that he'd say, "No, you need to ch-ch-ch-ch-change at 42nd Street".
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I do not profess to be any kind of music expert so could be wrong but his early stuff in particular seemed original and different and he seemed to me to have the ability to evolve into different personas over his long career.

An artist I always enjoy hearing on the wireless.

RIP
  • Options
    Never my cup of tea but a VERY important 20th century artist and trend setter .. R I P