Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Addicks v's Huddersfield match thread 12/01/15

Comments

• Options
    So, still a half to play
    we can be heroes just for one day
  • Options
    Yet another goal conceded from a corner. Can't wait to see the score from Hull. Wait... is that a white flag waving from Belgium? Be interesting to see R Murray's comments after this.
    Anyway, so KF saves the 'better' players on Saturday for tonight... well that's bloody worked a treat!
  • Options
    Laddick01 said:

All the jokes have been made before. Can look upon the situation with only sadness now.

Agree, there has been lots of lighthearted humour to attempt an even keel.

2-0 down and toothless with a team on paper that should compete is desperate.

We are down so at least we do not have to worry about that now. Humour will return and probably a lot more anger though!
  • Options

Shameful, a change of manager won't do anything now. Only way we're recovering at all is if the whole lot of them leave and we need to do whatever it takes to make that happen.

I'm not sure I agree. While the sum of our parts isn't great, this team is playing even worse than that.
  • Options

Sounds like Johnson gonna be stealing a living for the next 18 months

18 Months!!!!!
  • Options
    How in Hades has anyone on here not put a shed load of coin on us letting a goal in just before halftime? We'd all be millionaires ffs.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    In case anyone ever wondered what a manager/Head Coach actually does - this is what happens when you don't have one..Can't wait for the bizarre substitutions to start.
  • Options

My gawd we are bad, I don't think even Curbs could save us now. Totally needless relegation. By skimping a few grand on a proper managers salary RD will lose £4M TV revenue next season and all the rest alongside that. What a genius. Still at least they have learnt their lesson and won't make the same mistakes again, and again, and again, and again.

And the galling thing is that RD, KM and KF will dance merrily off into the future (hopefully sooner rather than later) without a care, while those that do care will be left trying to pick up the pieces from their idiocy. Trying to win back crowds and improve league position. Who knows where this lot will end up taking us because they show no inclination to learn from their mistakes which are ensuring we slide and slide and slide.

Really is sad when you think about it.
  • Options
    The body language of our players is terrible.

Has a Charlton manager ever been sacked at HT ?
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Defending from corners is all about coaching and organisation, so that every player knows his job.

Our weaknesses in that area are a clear demonstration of the vacuum in the dugout

Henderson just missed a cross. That one's down to him.

Shame because he's a really decent keeper but he hasn't looked the same since this season's injury.
  • Options
    I want KF but the players do need to show more responsibility for me. They need to fight for the team and each other,
  • Options
    We have the laughing gnome on the touchline, and the queen bitch in the stand, but it is a foot and ball suicide they're presiding over.
  • Options
    Down and out........Roland u r a fucking GENIUS!
  • Options
    I can't put my finger on the reason, but my match day experience is somehow not causing me as much happiness as I had hoped. Just one of those weird football things I suppose.
  • Options
    Sorry to say this but if Roland is still in charge in a years time we will be bottom of League One. Mark my words.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So, still a half to play

There'll be dancin' in the streets ( when Fraeye is gone ).....
  • Options
    ross1 said:

What was it @LeedsbasedTownfan said about them due to score a hatful sometime soon?
    Sadly, tonight could be that night...

I'm off to watch some car crash TV/ disaster movie/latest world news....

Surely this is the most disaster than any one needs
    That's my point...potentially more "entertaining" than this.
    (With no disrespect intended to any real disasters such as the Istanbul bomb.)

• Options
    Wheels are off, have been for a little while but that dressing room video is the icing on the cake.

Imagine Harriott coming back from Colchester to that, can't imagine they all sulk about with headphones on even though they're bottom of the league below - the dressing room in that video, it was... awkward. It was actually awkward!

Token on-topic comment. Boo 2-0.
  • Options
    Players on Twitter in changing room prior to game look totally fucked off no banter or talking looks like they have thrown in the towel or they have been been told KF has been given a 2 year contract .
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    So depressing knowing that we haven't got a hope in hell of getting back into this in the next 45 minutes.
  • Options
    Heartbreaking really all this
  • Options
    In an era where stats are part of the modern game surely the fact that our possession is continually so low against sides we should be competing against tells its own story.

Sadly we are just a commodity of RD and the part of the merry go round that has his choices of inexperienced Managers is making the situation far worse.

I genuinely believe that even in poor seasons previously we haven't gone into games so ill prepared and lacking in confidence

Unfortunately the answer is staring him in the face in bringing in an experienced Manager who will at least give us a chance to compete.

As regards to the players and new players look at "five Monkeys and a hose"
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Its a rock and roll suicide.
  • Options
    This idiot must go tonight. Do your job Meire and sack him. Then bugger off back to Belgium.
  • Options

Defending from corners is all about coaching and organisation, so that every player knows his job.

Our weaknesses in that area are a clear demonstration of the vacuum in the dugout

And it's not as if every single other team in the League don't know that too - so spend all week practicing set pieces.
  • Options
    Did our little drummer boy travel today?
    C'mon second half...Lets Dance, or it'll be more than 'five years' that we are away from this division
  • Options
    seth plum said:

So, still a half to play

I don't think it will Stay this way, there be be Changes at half time.
    And to think people used to moan about mid table in the Prem, they were Golden Years
  • Options
    1StevieG said:

How in Hades has anyone on here not put a shed load of coin on us letting a goal in just before halftime? We'd all be millionaires ffs.

That's a campaign to bring to Paddy Power and embarrass the clowns - get as many as possible to bet on us to concede in the 44th minute. I can see big fun for PP with newspaper ads and media comment....
This discussion has been closed.

Roland Out Forever!