Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has he gone yet?

Comments

• edited January 2016
    Chunes said:

What on earth is taking so long? They SURELY can't be thinking about giving him another game.

But then again, if they were going to get rid, surely they would have sacked him straight after the match, like most clubs do.

I wonder whether they somehow believed he would turn things around, and finding out that he's not going to, have nobody else lined up to come in.

And knowing how another network appointment would escalate the protests even more, they've backed themselves into a corner.

If Fraeye stays, we need to make that the story in the media. How the board are inexplicably sticking behind this pub team puppet out of pride alone.

I compared last night, to my son, by likening the difference between the two teams to what most of us will have experienced at some point on a Sunday morning game either playing for or against (I did play a bit higher as well by the way :wink: ) ; One team, all mates running through brick walks for one another, well drilled from pre season and with a manager who knew how to organise, encourage or rollick as necessary, just knowing you couldn't lose when you took to the pitch. The other was a rag tag and bobtail outfit who picked up a couple of players in the pub the night before who knew they just couldn't win! :disappointed:.
  • Chunes said:

What on earth is taking so long? They SURELY can't be thinking about giving him another game.

But then again, if they were going to get rid, surely they would have sacked him straight after the match, like most clubs do.

I wonder whether they somehow believed he would turn things around, and finding out that he's not going to, have nobody else lined up to come in.

And knowing how another network appointment would escalate the protests even more, they've backed themselves into a corner.

If Fraeye stays, we need to make that the story in the media. How the board are inexplicably sticking behind this pub team puppet out of pride alone.

I think you've hit the nail on the head. They are so arrogant, they truly couldn't see how KF could fail. They were waiting for him to string a couple of results together and to announce him as our next manager. Now he has proved to be as inept as they are, they don't have a plan B. I doubt there is a line of ex-managers wanting to take the job on when the club is in the position it is. They will do their research and see that they will not benefit from young talent as it's the owners intention to sell them on. They will see that the owners buy the players and basically pick the starting 11. They will know that the owners do not agree with paying agent's fees, high wages etc. so won't be able to attract the best players.......why would anyone want to manage us.

They don't know what to do. They know if KF stays, the fans wont (I hope) accept it. They know if they bring in another network manager the fans wont (I hope) accept it. They probably now know that no other experienced, proven manager wants to take the job. What next?

Riga is saying he's not been contacted, so to me that leaves one obvious next step for them and that is to make Euell manager (although my mate still thinks we are going to get this Belgian manager from Ostend)?
  • braydex said:

Riga is saying he's not been contacted, so to me that leaves one obvious next step for them and that is to make Euell manager (although my mate still thinks we are going to get this Belgian manager from Ostend)?

The current plight has probably set Euell's coaching career back already. Don't want to see him given a head coach job under this regime and would prefer it if he went back to the U21s asap in order to preserve his reputation.
  • I can't believe he hasn't gone yet....if not gone by 12 does that mean he's staying?
  • Isnt Wednesdays their day off...? - Or is that Thursdays now?

Assume they'd have the day off after a game anyway
    Not all do as often you hear of Managers dragging players in for training on a Sunday after a poor performance
    Can players drag in head coaches after a poor performance?
  • I wouldn't be surprised to find they have boxed themselves into a corner now, having realised that the endless stream of Belgians with no experience here is a failed strategy, but in the process they have alienated any possible recruits from the UK.

When Powell left, it would be fairly easy to have regarded his falling-out with RD as either just one of those things (new owner, new broom) or sour grapes from a failing manager. But 2 years on, RD will not get the benefit of any doubts, and surely the UK manager 'community' will now have a "steer well clear" feeling about CAFC. Sure, there will be some desperate to get back in the game, who will take any job going...but that's hardly an attractive prospect is it?

You suspect that they literally don't have a clue what to do next...hence an apparent paralysis.

Oh there will be plenty of candidates, the country is full of unemployed managers, and even with those with a job still seem to ignore the obvious.

For example, Michael Appleton went to Portsmouth, when everyone knew the club was a basket case, and then expressed shock when it went into administration
  • 12:08 AND HE IS STILL HERE!!!!!!!!!
  • 12.11 and he's still here.
  • KM probably working on the vote of confidence club statement !!!!
  • Sponsored links:

• "But then again, if they were going to get rid, surely they would have sacked him straight after the match, like most clubs do."

But then we would have to have an interim interim manager!

Remember that book "101 uses for a dead cat" - any advance orders for "101 uses for a dead Charlton manager"
  • Isnt Wednesdays their day off...? - Or is that Thursdays now?

Assume they'd have the day off after a game anyway
    Not all do as often you hear of Managers dragging players in for training on a Sunday after a poor performance
    But the would not have got back to London until the early hours so suspect it was not an option. And Fraeye would probably have left Henderson to take it anyway while he sat on the minibus
  • I think after all this time and bearing in mind the protest at the Forest game the delay now is out of spite! They don't care what we think or feel and will keep the manager in place and stuff us. Its deliberate, I'm sure.
  • edited January 2016
    I think they are waiting to announce his successor before making a statement. They can then thank Fraeye for his help as Interim boss (an attempt to save face) whilst heralding the arrival of whatever poor sap has agreed to be put in the firing line this time.
  • Maybe they are waiting for Richard to turn up ..... Richard? Rich? Can you speak too them again .....?
  • I think they are waiting to announce his successor before making a statement. They can then thank Fraeye for his help as Interim boss (an attempt to save face) whilst heralding the arrival of whatever poor sap has agreed to be put in the firing line this time.

I agree. They are rushing around trying to find the first Belgian mug who is willing to accept the Charlton job and work for RD under his terms.

Pathetic!
  • Mark Mally Humphreys ‏@markhumphreys84 2h2 hours ago
    Hearing another unknown network manager is on his way to Charlton today . #Cafc
  • I think they are waiting until they have a replacement lined up. They can then thank Fraeye for his help as Interim boss (an attempt to save face) whilst heralding the arrival of whatever poor sap has agreed to be put in the firing line this time.

Yeah, they'll probably say that the process to find the new manager took longer than expected, thank Fraeye for his efforts, he's someone who truly cares about the club, blah blah
  • Surely for an interim manager to go, you need to have a replacement lined up first.
  • They are busy trying to persuade Jacko to come out and say, with a smiley face, how much all the players enjoy working with Carol.
  • Sponsored links:

Is he a credible source or just a fan?
  • Did read a short while ago that Olly is still trying to get back from Huddersfield so could be the reason for delay
  • Did read a short while ago that Olly is still trying to get back from Huddersfield so could be the reason for delay

If only we had portable internet devices ;)
  • He has clearly been fired IMO, the club are just trying to save face by getting in another no-mark network style manager as quick as possible first, so they can then pretend to have completed their extensive search to find the right man to take us forward and thank Karel for all his hard work.

Is he a credible source or just a fan?
    Just a fan spouting bollocks. Probably saw the Ujpest manager rumour thing.

They took a detour to Belgium to drop off Fraeye and pick up the next one before heading back to the valley.

They took a detour to Belgium to drop off Fraeye and pick up the next one before heading back to the valley.
    Many a true word spoken in jest, sad to say :disappointed: .
  • The silence from the board is deafening
  • Loved this
  • 12.45 - Katrien must be having duvet day.