Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has he gone yet?

Comments

• Mark Mally Humphreys ‏@markhumphreys84 2h2 hours ago
    Hearing another unknown network manager is on his way to Charlton today . #Cafc

Is he a credible source or just a fan?
    He's both!
  • I never thought we could find anyone worse than Dowie but we have.how much longer do we have to put up with this.
  • I never thought we could find anyone worse than Dowie but we have.how much longer do we have to put up with this.

I'd have Dowie back over another network/belgian coach.
  • Did read a short while ago that Olly is still trying to get back from Huddersfield so could be the reason for delay

Is he hitch hiking? Is someone spots him outside a Happy Eater near Grantham, please give him a lift
  • aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargghhhhh why the fuck is he not gone
  • 12.45 - Katrien must be having duvet day.

duvet day with Duchatelet
  • I 've got a feeling that the reason he is not gone is that he is not going to get the push.

Oh and they can't find another mug
  • I'm not so sure about Euell shouldnt take the job - after all, what has he got to lose? If he wins a game he's a star (in comparison to JokerOfACoach Fraeye), if he gets us to stay up he will be a superstar and ready to take over full-time.
    If we go down then he can just blame someone else(previous coaches) , build up the team and bounce back next season .
    I really thnk its a win/win situation for him personally.
  • Sponsored links:

• Would anyone be shocked if the next things to come out of the club are that we have sold Watt/Lookman?
  • Surely for an interim manager to go, you need to have a replacement lined up first.

Surely, being an 'Interim' manager implies that there is a hunt on for a replacement. But there never was. 'Interim' was just another of Katrien's lies, designed to hide the bad news. Most suspected this at the time. The fact that three months on the team is in such a state whilst there's no sniff of a replacement just bears this out. Once again the really weird one is hoist on her own petard.
  • Would anyone be shocked if the next things to come out of the club are that we have sold Watt/Lookman?

That's exactly what I am anticipating
  • edited January 2016
    If no manager has been named by the Blackburn game someone should stick a laundry basket in the dug out or rather the technical area.
  • edited January 2016

12.45 - Katrien must be having duvet day.

I thought Colin had been a bit quiet today.

It's fully expected that we'll get rid of Watt isn't it ?
  • Apparently they are interviewing but the latest news I have is that the cleaner refused to take a pay cut to take on the role.

I am fully expecting just that
  • Apparently they are interviewing but the latest news I have is that the cleaner refused to take a pay cut to take on the role.

And the laundry man knocked it back as he didn't like the travel arrangements associated with the position
  • I'm not so sure about Euell shouldnt take the job - after all, what has he got to lose? If he wins a game he's a star (in comparison to JokerOfACoach Fraeye), if he gets us to stay up he will be a superstar and ready to take over full-time.
    If we go down then he can just blame someone else(previous coaches) , build up the team and bounce back next season .
    I really thnk its a win/win situation for him personally.

Remember Shearer at Newcatle though... Being a fan favourite doesn't mean much in winning football games
  • Sponsored links:

• The guy who changes those boxes in the ladies turned up and got an interview by mistake.

He's starting on Monday.
  • The sad part is, if Luzon was still in charge - or if there was no 'interim' rubbish after Luzon's sacking, we wouldn't be in this mess at all, but now it feels like if we did bring in a good manager it would be too late for anything to change on the pitch.
  • Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is set to make a decision on Karel Fraeye’s future today, News Shopper understands.

Fraeye, 38, has been unable to turn the club’s fortunes around since taking over from Guy Luzon at the end of October.

The Addicks have not won in ten games in all competitions and their dismal season reached new lows this week with a defeat to League One Colchester and a 5-0 drubbing at Huddersfield.

MORE: Riga wants to rescue Charlton - but contact is yet to be made

The Belgian boss refused to talk to the press after the heavy loss in Yorkshire on Tuesday evening, instead heading straight to the minibus.

And News Shopper understands that owner Duchatelet will decide Fraeye’s fate today in Belgium, with an announcement possibly breaking this evening.

Share article

A source at the club insists that a decision on Fraeye’s future at the Valley has not been made just yet.

Follow us on Twitter @NewsShopperSprt
  • So @NewsShopperSprt seems to be the source of most quotes and rumours these days. So either they have a mole/source inside the club, which seems likely, ore they are being fed information by the club, which given the hit and miss nature of some of the stories is unlikely.

If the former then it looks like they did approach Riga and they did not agree terms. His comments today suggest either talks are dead or he is angling for more (money/control/dress allowance etc).
  • The sad part is, if Luzon was still in charge - or if there was no 'interim' rubbish after Luzon's sacking, we wouldn't be in this mess at all, but now it feels like if we did bring in a good manager it would be too late for anything to change on the pitch.

I think you're probably right. Luzon's record wasn't great, but it was a lot better than this clowns. With the way so many clubs are shooting themselves in the foot this season, we would probably be outside the relegation zone.
  • 'Charlton owner Roland Duchatelet is set to make a decision on Karel Fraeye’s future today, News Shopper understands.'

no decision to make, he should have walked by now.
  • edited January 2016
    What decision? He is an interim head coach is he not? Therefore we just need to appoint a permanent head coach and then Carol can head off to a position at one of the other network clubs.

Or am I missing something?
  • The guy who changes those boxes in the ladies turned up and got an interview by mistake.

He's starting on Monday.

Will he be uptight & out of sight?

I think you're probably right. Luzon's record wasn't great, but it was a lot better than this clowns. With the way so many clubs are shooting themselves in the foot this season, we would probably be outside the relegation zone.
    Let's not let the current farce cloud our thinking. Luzon was not much cop either and had seemingly been found out before he was dumped. None of the appointments since Powell left have been befitting the club. Just because pretty much each one has been successively worse should not make us believe any of them have been any good.

He's starting on Monday.

he won't, he'll be a right moody so and so then