Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Has he gone yet?

1235»

Comments

• micks1950 said:

Does anyone else remember one of our Belgian residents on CharltonLife saying that Fraeye is one of a group of highly rated Coaches in Belgium?

If so then the Belgian National Team is well and truly going to be buggered in a few years

Yes - it was a brief Belgian visitor call Bertje who told us the following in May 2014:

"Bertje Member

May 2014

I'm a manager of a Belgian team and I'm following talented young players and coaches in the area of Flanders.
    When I googled Fraeye and Charlton I saw this big forum.

I think it's normal that you addicks are hoping for an experienced head coach that you already know.
    But don't underestimate Roland Duchatelet and the young coaches he's bringing ( like the former unknown coach Guy Luzon who's still making a chance to get Standard into the Champions League) .
    I'm following Karel Fraeyes career and he's a talented, typical head coach. I've never seen a more talented young coach in our area.
    As a young player, he had an accident that made an end at a possible career as a player.
    From then, he started being a coach in all the youth teams and every year, his former teams gave him more responsibility.
    He became youth manager of AA Gent (highest Belgian level) and different teams of 3th and 4th division wanted him as a head coach.
    First he made a wrong choice with Sottegem ( players didn't get paid) but then he chose Zele because there, he got the opportunity to build a new team. Young talented players were coming to Zele because he became head coach.
    He won the titel and this year he was in first position to gain a new title with almost the same team.
    Higher playing teams were getting prepared to try to get him in but Duchatelet was the smartest and quickest.
    He worked as a teacher and became at a younger age director of a school.
    His strongest part is reading the game and coaching and motivating players as a team or individually.
    You know: Some Belgian first and second class teams were saying: why does a talented coach as Fraeye chooses for Duchatelet and Charlton if he has opportunities in the Belgian first division. So they are underestimating Charlton and the championship too. :)
    If they make Fraeye head coach: he will fully use the talent of the Charlton staff and players and he 'll get the best out of the squad.

Every great player and every great coach once was unexperienced at higher levels.
    And you are right: Maybe Duchatelet doesn't know the better English coaches.. So isn't it normal that he plays it safe at his point of view and chooses good coaches he knows?
    And at a very good price/quality rate.

Whatever it will be: I hope your beautiful club will get back in the premier league where you belong.
    Good luck!"

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/61497/karel-fraeye/p3
    This looks some of the endorsements I get on my Linked In account, when I really have no idea what I do at work......
  • Can we at least get confirmation that this fool has gone!?
  • Surely Katrien's credibility is shot as well. She must surely move on as well after overseeing this farce.
  • CLUB STATEMENT | Karel Fraeye leaves Charlton Athletic cafc.co.uk/news/article/c… #cafc
  • Yes.

CLUB STATEMENT | Karel Fraeye leaves Charlton Athletic cafc.co.uk/news/article/c… #cafc

http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-statement-2900195.aspx
  • edited January 2016

NEXT!
  • Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim Head Coach.

The club would like to place on record its thanks to Karel for his tireless work and the many positive contributions he made to the wider football setup at Charlton.

First-team coach Wim de Corte, assisted by Jason Euell, will take charge of the Charlton team for the Hull City match on Saturday.

A search for a new Head Coach has commenced.​

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-statement-2900195.aspx#lXlLdkzoe4JFfLtH.99
  • FLASH CLUB STATEMENT | Karel Fraeye leaves Charlton Athletic http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-statement-2900195.aspx … #cafc
  • Sponsored links:

• He's gone alright - to the dry cleaners to get his waistcoat ready for another farce on Saturday.

Haha great post, I didn't know whether to 'Like' or 'Lol'......but I reckon you are spot on and it is hanging up already all clean and ready to 'rock and roll'................As Catherine Tates Nan would say 'WHAT A LOAD OF SHIT!!'
  • Fuck me, it has happened!! That will teach me to read the whole post before posting?
    I wonder if the waistcoat will fit the next Belgian prick?