Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Statement - Fraeye gone

Comments

• He won't have 'gone', just moved aside for a bit.

He'll still be lurking Around in the network as some sort of 'consultant', all the time with that shit - eating smirk on his face
  • seth plum said:

I am not assuming he has actually gone gone, just that he has gone ish.

He's like, interim gone.
  • waldo said:

That is a fucking disgrace of a statement.

Not blaming the comms team but Katrien you should hang your neck in shame to have released that.

And you, the PR guy. That is one of the most unprofessional things I have ever read. No wonder you haven't told anyone who you are.

Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim (He's interim, how can you relieve him of his duties BEFORE you find a replacement) Head Coach.

The club (Note the club. Not the CEO or owner but a nameless club. You're too embarrassed to even put your name to a statement sacking him) would like to place on record its thanks to Karel for his tireless work and the many positive contributions he made to the wider football setup (And what positive wider contributions did he make. He was supposed to be a coach. Or do you mean all the players he's been scouting since day one?) it make at Charlton.

First-team coach Wim de Corte, assisted by Jason Euell, will take charge of the Charlton team for the Hull City match on Saturday. (Why is de Corte still here? You thought you had Riga and you thought you have the Serbian guy and they both said no and now you are desperate. Poor old Jason Euell)

A search for a new Head Coach has commenced.​ (COMMENCED you stupid woman, how can is commence now? What have you been doing for three months you useless excuse for the CEO)

Read more at http://www.cafc.co.uk/news/article/charlton-athletic-karel-fraeye-statement-2900195.aspx#QUX6CX6yYzSxGWeg.99

Not like you to use expletives HI but was it KM who made the statement or this PR person?
    There's a PR person? And I thought Fraeye was incompetent.
  • edited January 2016
    Looking at that data he has a zero star rating coz piss off is he 5, brace yourselves for the losing run to continue.
  • Matttees said:

Rumours of british manager ! Get in a couple of charlton men. How about Steve Brown and John Robinson for a dream team. They won't be too expensive and won't take any sh**e from management or players. Am I just dreaming? Probably.

Have they ever managed in The Championship ?
  • sm said:

Could we get AC to put on a Belgian accent, and turn his charm and ply KM her with moules frites and Leonidas- given that she is probably desperate she might fall for it.

Prapsh

• Thanks for the good times Carol , no doubt you will get a great welcome back when it is your turn to manage the club again , in about 12-18 months
  • Sponsored links:

• Expect the club to emphasise de Corte's 100% Wim ratio as Head Coach
  • Good riddance you fraud.
  • edited January 2016
    The crazy thing is that despite all this ridiculousness we are still only three points away from escaping out the relegation zone!
  • He won't have 'gone', just moved aside for a bit.

He'll still be lurking Around in the network as some sort of 'consultant', all the time with that shit - eating smirk on his face

Very likely.

The statement very carefully says "Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim Head Coach" - quite possibly now returning to other 'duties' for Duchatelet....
  • micks1950 said:

He won't have 'gone', just moved aside for a bit.

Very likely.

The statement very carefully says "Charlton Athletic have relieved Karel Fraeye of his duties as Interim Head Coach" - quite possibly now returning to other 'duties' for Duchatelet....
    He was probably lined up to go to Hungary, there is club there that they thought would be needing a manager
  • According to http://www.coachworldranking.com/ Wim de Corte's record in his last 5 games in Belgium is goal(s) for 1 against 17.
    5 strikers it is for Saturday then!

That's not Wim De Corte. It's Vincent Schiavelli.
    Or maybe Michael Berryman.

Whatever. It's someone who was in One Flew Over the Cuckoo's Nest.
    Quite appropriate in the circumstances.
  • rl
    Matttees said:

Rumours of british manager ! Get in a couple of charlton men. How about Steve Brown and John Robinson for a dream team. They won't be too expensive and won't take any sh**e from management or players. Am I just dreaming? Probably.

Because they used to play for Charlton ? :-) :-) :-) Would that be the Stevie Brown sacked by Ebbsfleet for being a rubbish manager ? zzzzzzzz
  • Addicted said:

Addicted said:

Id love to see a list of his "many positive contributions"

- Reorganised Katrien's CD collection into alphabetical order... well he got all the way up to P and then cocked it up but was right for 16/26

- Successfully refilled 7/10 of the teams water bottles

- Rearranged the club's colour pencils in alphabetical order.

Don't be ridiculous. There is zero chance they would have let him near anything as sharp as a pencil. Katrien's crayons maybe...
  • Sponsored links:

• Ben18 said:

Part of the press release

De Corte has previous experience of the club having masterminded Charlton’s wins against Sheffield Wednesday and Birmingham in a period which saw the Addicks earn two wins in 2 games.

Now that is how you scrap the barrell
  • PaddyP17 said:

Ah fer fuck's sake I forgot about all the notifications these give you

That really made me laugh

• Well that's a relief but what next? another numpty from the network? Jose Riga? what we need is stability, a manager who knows the league and some backing. the next thing is to get rid of The Flanders Meire and bring someone in who knows the game to run the club. Will this happen? Not sure if I was a betting man I would say no
  • How can you have an interim manager and not look for a permanent one. Why not put Euell and JJ in charge whilst we do belatedly search and get some love back into the team. Absolutely nothing to lose.
  • micks1950 said:

He won't have 'gone', just moved aside for a bit.

Very likely.

Digging for gold in the lower leagues of Europe, or choosing duds from Dudu
  • Interim Wim's first outstanding success as a supply head coach is he is not Karel Freaye.
    Lovely first step I think.
  • Apologies but I have skimmed straight to the end of the thread here

In all of my 30 years following the club I have never seen the team,as low and it's horrible to see

I've been a STH for 30 years and desperately want by boy that get the bug but at the moment it's so so hard

Who is the new manager