Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Options
    Good luck Jose but really don't see this ending well. We're in a much worse position than last time he was here.
  • Options

Enjoyed Wim De Corte's reign as interim. Cracking.

Who was last Charlton coach with an unbeaten record? you can't knock that
  • Options
    I wonder if they will revise the article that stated Fraeye masterminded Riga's time in charge now?
  • Options

Riga is an excellent appointment. A real interim as opposed to the last fella. Plus he has worked with Jackson, Solly, Harriott and Cousins before.

The board is a tad dysfunctional but they have admitted recruitment errors. They clearly need football expertise on the board and RD needs to over compensate in terms of cash spent on addressing weaknesses in the first 18.

For me Riga was the only candidate and I'm glad he's back.

Tend to agree
  • Options
    bbob said:

Who was last Charlton coach with an unbeaten record? you can't knock that
    Keith Peacock I think... 2-2 draw with Sheffield Wednesday
  • Options
    We're only 3 points from safety so it's very possible for us to stay up.

I don't believe Riga will do it, didn't rate him highly the last time, but if he does it then fair play.

I think he will win promotion back next season.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The dysfunction continues
  • Options

Undefeated!
    But a 0% win percentage...
  • Options
    Just screams laziness for me. I like Riga and the players will like Riga and will hopefully get us out of this mess. But its just more LIES.
  • Options

The board is a tad dysfunctional

Understatement of the year
  • Options

Judging from RD's comments... IS HE FINALLY LEARNING?

You really think he said them ????

Time will tell
  • Options
    Last time around - most people (including me) didn't know him and were annoyed to get a network manager. But he did OK and conducted himself well and won around a lot of us. Yes he probably had a better squad and a better backroom team. But I do think he should be given a bit of time to try and turn things around (again) before he is condemned. Not expecting much from the Hull game (no matter who is in charge) but after that we need to see some changes and improvement before he is written off.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

rikofold said:

I fear this might be a mistake, particularly for Riga. The club's a circus and those running it have gone into hiding.

When he came last time he inherited a squad used to the Championship that just needed the club to settle down and a couple of loan players in (particularly Obika) to balance it a little.

This time around he has a bunch of kids, a group of players who can't hack the demands of the Championship and cry off injured, and a fan base filled with anger at the board's continued wreckless negligence.

If he turns this around then he's a legend as far as I'm concerned, but I think it's a huge ask given the circumstances.

He also had Matthew and Dyer as experienced coaches. Who does he have now?
    In the words of @LouisMend, the InterWim head coach.
  • Options
    Pathetic compromised appointment.

I also wish RD would stop saying 'we' when talking about the club.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    What a bunch of . You can't make this up
  • Options
    I'm not happy with the regime at all, but I'd much rather have Riga back than the guy from Hungary or the other guy from STVV. Riga at least knows the club and knows the league from experience with us and Blackpool.

At Blackpool he was dealt a bad hand with having no players available to play.

I would have much preferred another championship manager with experience, but he is the best of a bad bunch.

His rate at Metz isn't that bad either
    P23 W10 D6 L7 win rate 43.48

I'm sorry but I will be giving him a chance.
  • Options
    The best of no bunch.
  • Options
    Firstly, I like Riga, the last time he got seriously demoralised players up for a fight and putting in match winning performances such as Callum Harriott, JJ, basically everyone. He has it in his locker to get the best out of a team low on confidence and low on ideas. Not to mwntion he had to come in after Powell, in my opinion the toughest part, he had to get it right and he has to get it right this time too.

My only worry is they say 'never go back', if he can't do the same magic as before then what? Left with another vacancy and an even bigger clown show suitable for Zippos circus.

With this appointment RD has basically made it clear that Riga has been the best manager. He looks a bigger twat with his ridiculous decision not to give him the job a couple of seasons ago.

We need a footballing brain at higher level, if any of this lot cannot see this is lunacy then god knows how they sort themselves out every morning.
  • Options
    I would laugh if it wasn't so sad. Everything the club does these days involves either incompetence, deceit or panic (and in this case, all three!).

Good luck Jose, you're gonna need it!
  • Options
    Be interested if he can pick his number 2 and 3.