Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Options
    In the short term this is the best outcome for the club IMO

Gives us a chance of staying up and we need to remember that as a club we are a million times more attractive to potential new owners in the Championship than League One

Support Riga and the team from now until the end of the season and continue to try and force the owner to sell up
  • Options
    IF he keeps us up and is given the funds and support to pick/gets who he wants in then wouldnt have a huge issue, but we all know there is more chance of getting shit out a rocking horse
  • Options
    I might wheel a little sound system down to The Valley and play the regime's theme music.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PWKS3uUBfv4
  • Options
    edited January 2016

So let me get this straight.

1. Riga and his assistant Fraeye seen as not good enough for Charlton job, released.
    2. Peeters appointed, Luzon gets lined up for Charlton job, quotes in Israeli press, wife follows on Twitter etc well ahead of announcement
    3. Peeters sacked, extensive search for new coach 20 interviews within 8 hrs, Luzon new manager
    4. Luzon sacked, Fraeye appointed within a couple of hours, stupidly announced later as an interim while they recruit new coach
    5. No recruitment search occurs
    6. Riga rumoured to be new boss, talks collapse apparently, Riga says there have been no talks
    7. Fraeye no longer tenable even under the farce of a stand in, search for a new coach announced
    8. Nobby Vinegar set to be announced within 20 mins, decision backtracked. Word circulated now turning to British manager
    9. Another Belgium network on a retainer Riga appointed

Is that right....?

Just posted the below on another forum for people who don't know as much about the club...

So the timeline is this....

https://twitter.com/RichCawleySLP/st...49407994556417 - Club leaks that they want Riga back

http://www.southlondonpress.co.uk/ar...earchyear=2016 - Fraeye knows he is done after result at Huddersfield

http://www.newsshopper.co.uk/sport/1...scue_Charlton/ - Riga claims he has not been contacted

https://twitter.com/RichCawleySLP/st...84595042217985 - Nebojša Vignjević our new manager...

https://twitter.com/airmanbrown/stat...30105883013122 - Change mind on Ujpest guy because of "internal (players?)" pressure

https://twitter.com/airmanbrown/stat...27428188991489 - Due to said pressure, proper search starts (clearly even though Fraeye was interim, there was no search for a permanent manager) for a British manager.

And now Jose Riga is in charge.
  • Options
    Nicholas said:

"like an unprecedented number of injuries , we could not have foreseen" Are you having a laugh you stupid old bastard. All the players you brought are known for their injury problems or they haven't played competitive football for a long time. Bunch of C%^%" the lot of em.

As for Riga, I will support him, however all respect to the bloke has gone, I felt gutted for him when they let him go first time around but to carry on letting Roland mug him around is pathetic.

Also dont why I'm getting annoyed at Roland there is no way he said shit. those quotes are either from the editor or the witch and her dog.

This
  • Options
    I'm not upset but he is only the best of a tragic bunch. He won't hire a British coach as an established, respected one would cost at the very minimum £5k per week. If he takes someone from Belgium they will be on less than half that, then that Serbian fella would have been on a quarter of it.

Roland will cut corners and save money any way he can and he will continue to do that with our managers until he fucks off. Saving money off the pitch is more important than results on it.
  • Options
    Who is the number 2? Gerry Cottle? Fred Karno?
  • Options
    *Head Puppet
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Who is the number 2? Gerry Cottle? Fred Karno?

Guy Luzon probably

• Options
    WTF would you employee someone who they have binned twice previously or more alarmingly why would you want to go and work for someone who has sacked twice ??
  • Options

Judging from RD's comments... IS HE FINALLY LEARNING?

Of course he's not. He says in his statement that as soon as he realised things weren't working we tried to put things right at the start of January...except it's the 14th of January and Fraeye was only just sacked last night off the back of two results so comically terrible even I would have said you were being silly if you'd predicted them. All that's happened is the clamour from us, the media and over the top shellackings have forced his hand. And as a result he's gone back to a manager he deemed not good enough in the first place, ignoring our pleas to change the programme. He's learned dick all.

Having said that, Riga has worked before and he could work again, there's nothing to say it won't now, but we shouldn't kid ourselves that it's a new dawn just because they pasted his name onto a nonsense statement
  • Options
    Bienvenu José, it only seems like 18 months or so since we saw you here last, with all the comings and goings thru Roly's revolving door it felt like it must have been much longer, watching the 'action' on the pitch certainly felt like several lifetimes. As you were then, there's a few familiar faces at the training ground, their legs are a couple of years slower and there's a lot more teenagers around. Good luck getting approval for the critically important further recruitment. Apparently RD is acknowledging 'errors in recruitment' to which apparently attempts have been made to address this month, 2 in, 5 or 6 more needed, more if the departures of Watt, Lookman can't be avoided
    Won't see you at the Valley for a few weeks got some slightly less mad/frustrating calls on my time.
    'Til then - Bon chance and all that mon ami.
    P.S. for the avoidance of doubt neither Naby Sarr or El-Hadji Ba are footballers nor are they to be allowed anywhere near the team coach, unless they're loading the kit or hoovering the seats, your predecessors have been struggling under some misapprehension they might have been players, not so, avoid, whatever the cost.
  • Options
    Roland is a complete madman , Riga did well last time he says well you should have gave him the fucking job last time you prick , the search went well then fucking joke that , Roland please do us all a favour and sell the club and fuck off to wherever you came from , I am fuming at the moment really need to calm down ,bollocks Roland , katrien , and Richard Murray u AV destroyed our great football club Murray how can you look at yourself in the mirror u should hang your head in shame .
  • Options
    RD just thinks this will calm down the protests, if anything I think this makes things worse.
    All the lies about searching for a manager Aswell as the fact that he's been useless since leaving us.

• Sponsored links:

• Options
    Ridiculous.
  • Options
    This is going to be an absolute car crash. I predict we'll have a different puppet in charge for our opening match of the 2016/17 League 1 campaign.

At least we'll soon finally get the answer as to whether it was Riga or Powell's squad that kept us up. (It was the latter by the way.)
  • Options
    Roland has 5 numbers in his phone and no idea how to update it...the merry-go-round continues.

The fact that the "quotes" are in his name and not Meire's hopefully means that her number is being binned!!
  • Options
    Great comment

“It was also crucial we dealt with the position of the Head Coach. José did an excellent job in his short period with Charlton two seasons ago. He was very popular with supporters and I believe that he will get us back on track. There are 20 matches of the season still to play and it’s vital that we battle for every point.”

Roland - you are a total joke. You haven't got a fucking clue.
  • Options
    I wonder if it's possible that RD and Katrien are that useless they didn't even ask Riga (hence him saying there had been no contact). Instead they went straight to the Ujpest manager, just as they were about to appoint him they heard the news that actually Riga did want the job and then decided he was a better option.
  • Options
    Laughable quotes from RD in that statement. Neither the management nor player recruitment process has improved if bringing back Riga, Johnson et al are anything to go by...