Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Options
    Incredible! The amount of contradictions, u-turns, muddled decisions, and outright lies just defies belief. Even allowing for the stubborn ignorance of her boss, can a figure masquerading as a CEO really expect to be taken seriously by anyone after this? Clearly the "Board" thought long and hard about this one, once the search "started" after Tuesday's debacle. Even if Riga does well again, it'll just expose the stupidity of releasing him the first time.
  • Options
    I hope Riga brings the same backroom staff as he had last time when he was with us.... oh hang on wait...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Fiiiiiish said:

Firstly, I like Riga, the last time he got seriously demoralised players up for a fight and putting in match winning performances such as Callum Harriott, JJ, basically everyone. He has it in his locker to get the best out of a team low on confidence and low on ideas.

Didn't the motivational ability of JJ and the backbone of the squad being tractable British who could be roused for a fight: JJ, Hamer, Solly, Wiggins, Morro, Wilson, Cousins, Harriott, Poyet (raised in our football culture from an early age) have a lot to do with it? It may not be so easy this time.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    What if Fraeye WAS the mastermind behind Riga's last stint as a manager? Now that's a scary thought!!
  • Options

As ridiculous as it all is I am happy with the appointment. Who better to keep us up than someone who has already done it once? He is also a very likeable guy, good luck Jose!

100% This
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Did any of us really believe RD had seen the light and was going to conduct a proper recruitment process for an experienced coach - just wishful thinking. Having said that Riga best of a very bad bunch and he probably thinks he has unfinished business here. As others have said - support the team not the regime.
  • Options
    I wonder who else we can get back on an 18 month contract having shown them the door after six months. Pretty sure Huddersfield brought Martin Cranie on just to take the piss on Tuesday, let's see what he's doing. Where's Chris Eagles, he can't be up to much with his £500,000 a week contract demands. Wasn't Leroy Lita on loan for six months? The possibilities!
  • Options
    Nothing against Riga, this appointment was another Duchelet ploy to try to divide and rule. The circus is still the same.
    As far as I am concerned nothing has changed.
    Bring on the Blackburn protests, we have got to get the Belgians out of our club, with them it is only oblivion.
  • Options
    I think Riga was realistically the best we could hope for under Roland. I liked Riga first time around, he was doing well with Metz. Keep us please Riga, but Roland out still.
  • Options
    Good luck to him and I hope he can get the spirit and passion back and apply some thought and tactics.
    18 months surprised me immensely.
    RD and KM clearly ran out of ideas...
  • Options
    don't know how to unbold when I mess it up
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    As we seem to be going back to people we've let go, both on the playing and coaching side, I wonder if Damian Matthew will be brought back as 1st team coach...
  • Options
    Admittedly Riga did well and kept us up before but a lot of people seem to forget we had about 4 games in hand when he took over
  • Options

As ridiculous as it all is I am happy with the appointment. Who better to keep us up than someone who has already done it once? He is also a very likeable guy, good luck Jose!

Notice how when we had a totally incapable coach, the protests picked up the most steam and publicity? Hence why they've played it safe with one a fans, such as yourself, will really like again. Don't fall into traps, wish him luck and hope we stay up for all you like; but don't be happy with this appointment, it's not happened because RD wants to it's happened because he's been pressured into feeling he has to.
  • Options
    seth plum said:

don't know how to unbold when I mess it up

Bold makes a point, they're all good.
  • Options
    On this very day, 6 years ago, Charlton appointed a former fans favourite to manage the team, who went on to guide us to promotion in his first full season.

Roland, you sly old dog............
  • Options
    Although it displays a complete lack of imagination from our owner / board, I too am happy with the appointment. Why we didn't keep him on at the end of 13/14 is a total mystery to me, but I am glad to see him back and wish him all the best. I might even start looking forward to my Valley visits again.

Also, Roland Duchatelet has shown a bit of humility with his statement on the OS. Something that has been sadly lacking from others in the executive seats.
  • Options
    What is it, recruitment by speed dial????

Abso-feckin-lutely ridiculous.

And there was me getting my crayons ready for my "application".....
  • Options
    Meet the new Boss, same as the old, but 2 (or it 3?) Boss......
  • Options
    Can we ask the Football League for five games in hand again please?