Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

1111213141517»

Comments

• Options
    mogodon said:

No doubt some will still clap him next week at the home game as he bizarrely seems to have obtained quasi hero status at Charlton. Nice bloke and I'm sure he cares about us be he is part of the regime and they are poison to this club. Just another under qualified, ill equipped and funded puppet contributing to the demise of this football club.

No capable manager will agree to work under this mob even on the off chance they look outside their network of gloom.

Spot on. Take a step back and wonder how it has come to the position that someone such as Jose Riga is the best we can get, and actually seen as a real positive appointment by some fans.
    He's the acceptable face of the Network
  • Options
    Oakster said:

mogodon said:

No doubt some will still clap him next week at the home game as he bizarrely seems to have obtained quasi hero status at Charlton. Nice bloke and I'm sure he cares about us be he is part of the regime and they are poison to this club. Just another under qualified, ill equipped and funded puppet contributing to the demise of this football club.

No capable manager will agree to work under this mob even on the off chance they look outside their network of gloom.

Spot on. Take a step back and wonder how it has come to the position that someone such as Jose Riga is the best we can get, and actually seen as a real positive appointment by some fans.
    He's the acceptable face of the Network
    Yup, and probably the only one left in the network that wouldn't have led to a storming of the board room next weekend.
  • Options
    Starting to wonder if the players wanted him in charge, they must have as JJ said so :-)
  • Options
    colin1961 said:

mogodon said:

colin1961 said:

his first game in charge is next Saturday ....... expect some players to arrive this week

So what's he doing in Hull today? Hardly a great romantic weekend away destination.
    He is in the stand watching Euell and assistant are in charge today
    Can you see him from where you are, Katrien?
  • Options

Seriously, he's had less than a day with the players. He knows Jacko, Harriot, Solly, but who else? Jacko has lost another yard of pace since he last saw him and Solly is a shadow of the player he was. He needs time to evaluate what he has got and what he needs. Today was always going to be a write off. Don't apportion any blame to Riga for this. He needs to be given time, he's walked into another nightmare situation and I doubt any manager anywhere would have done any better in the circumstances.

No excuses about the performance, but I think you are right. Nobody can blame Riga for today's performance. Fraeye's appointment has done some lasting damage to the team and it's going to be more or less impossible (for ANY manager) to turn this ship around.
  • Options
    I agree with Queensland, this was always going to be the same as Luzon @ Watford. But someone at the club decided they had to play up the "Riga's back" angle, which now places the blame firmly on his head.
  • Options
    A few will judge Riga based on today, most won't.

95% of the fans will judge him on next week though and rightly so. Only a quick turnaround of form is acceptable from Riga in our position.
  • Options
    Agreed, my point, whic I should have stated, is that once again the club appears to be going out of their way to make the public perception worse. I'll save my initial reaction to Riga's influence until I see his first real lineup.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

his first game in charge is next Saturday ....... expect some players to arrive this week

Riga almost looks like he's about to say... Where have the players gone? (then as he walks to the other door)... Ahh they must be hiding, the cheeky scamps!!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Riga also has to share the blame. Not for today's result but for the whole situation. Despite the fact I like the bloke and think he did a decent job last time, that doesn't distract from the fact he's happy to be part of the network and the failing ideas behind it. So either he has little care in who he works for or where, or he believes in RD and his ideas.
  • Options

colin1961 said:

Riga almost looks like he's about to say... Where have the players gone? (then as he walks to the other door)... Ahh they must be hiding, the cheeky scamps!!
    Just like they did on the pitch today.
  • Options
    No manager would find it easy turning this situation around. If Jose gets us out then it is a bonus because even reaching 3rd from bottom looks a hard task.
  • Options
    Well at the very least he came across a lot better in his post match interview than Fraeye ever did:
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4069931-listen-cafcofficia-full-interview-from-jose-riga-following-6-0-defeat-at-hull-cafc

When asked about coming back to work under RD, he said he wanted to come back for Charlton not RD. Let's just hope that is true.
  • Options
    So, he hopes to enter the transfer market .... Expect a couple of players from his other network clubs
  • Options
    Sorry Jose but I don't think it's worth taking your coat off.
  • Options

Well at the very least he came across a lot better in his post match interview than Fraeye ever did:
    https://audioboom.com/boos/4069931-listen-cafcofficia-full-interview-from-jose-riga-following-6-0-defeat-at-hull-cafc

When asked about coming back to work under RD, he said he wanted to come back for Charlton not RD. Let's just hope that is true.

In fairness, he probably knows what we think of RD so i wouldn't expect him to say anything different. And i doubt very much that he's come back "for Charlton", i'd interpret it as he came back because he was unemployed!
  • Options
    That's a much better interview than Peeters, Luzon or Fraaye managed whether true or not who knows.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    _MrDick said:

So, he hopes to enter the transfer market .... Expect a couple of players from his other network clubs

Can enter the Transfer Window as much as he wants... He wont be climbing back out with any players though
  • Options
    Charlton head coach Jose Riga:
    "I've never been relegated in my life and I don't want to know what this feeling is like to be relegated.
    "We need time to find the real problems and to work on it. We have to be better tactically, better technically and better in our will.
    "The first thing is to push everybody, individually and collectively. They have to work on all aspects of the game.
    "We need some help. We are in the transfer window and we need freshness to be able to face this big challenge."
  • Options
    The difference a proper manager can make instead of some part time scout/bus driver/clueless numpty.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Wonder where we would be in the league if he had kept the gig two years ago. Considerably higher I would suggest.

slightly rather than considerably higher IMHO but he wasnt kept on or rehired when peeters was sacked such is the Madness of King Roland.

One win today against another poor team doesnt mean we're staying up but Riga does have something about him.

One person who worked with him said that is was his calm. She said (damn given it away now) how he said "don't worry, it wil be OK" when came the first time.

I don't know. We got stuffed at Hull, looked OK v Blackburn and beat another struggler away (good result) so he is human but I like him.

Support the team not the regime.
  • Options

Wonder where we would be in the league if he had kept the gig two years ago. Considerably higher I would suggest.

slightly rather than considerably higher IMHO but he wasnt kept on or rehired when peeters was sacked such is the Madness of King Roland.

One win today against another poor team doesnt mean we're staying up but Riga does have something about him.

One person who worked with him said that is was his calm. She said (damn given it away now) how he said "don't worry, it wil be OK" when came the first time.

I don't know. We got stuffed at Hull, looked OK v Blackburn and beat another struggler away (good result) so he is human but I like him.

Personally I only credit Riga for the last two games. He arrived the day before the Hull game so to me we've got four points out of six with Riga in charge so far.

A long way to go, but it's a good start. Most pleasing for me is that there is fight back in the players. They battle hard at times today, and they needed to.
  • Options

The stuffing at Hull had nothing to do with him really
  • Options
    Well done Riga today.
  • Options
    Well, that went well then...
  • Options

Well, that went well then...

Jose Riga Baby.