Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

I wonder if he will ask for Watt back? THAT would indicate something.

RD says he wants to sell players to raise £2m, if he gets that for Watt, job done, where else could he get that money?
  • Options
    I don't think there will be any problem with the players 'buying' into Jose's plans. Im sure they are all 100% relieved that KF has gone, after seeing that 'vine' of our dressing room before the game on Tuesday it was SO flat, quiet, miserable and SO disappointing watching 'our heroes' like that. I have never witnessed anything like that after playing and watching football for 40 odd years. Good luck Jose but you've got a very tough start..........fingers crossed eh.
    COYR.........
  • Options
    I'd rather Jose than Malky. That was looking like the other option, unless you believe Colin.
  • Options
    Do not want this but this is what we have been given by RD.
    FACTS

43.7 WIN RATE RIGA 37.5 LOSS RATE
    25.0 WIN RATE PEETERS 25.0 LOSS RATE
    33.3 WIN RATE LUZON 41.6 LOSS RATE
    15.3 WIN RATE FRAEYE 53.8 LOSS RATE
    20 games left to play and aweaker side then last Riga was here,best he hits the ground running or we could be as good as down by Easter 2016.
  • Options

FACTS

20 games left to play and aweaker side then last Riga was here,best he hits the ground running or we could be as good as down by Easter 2016.

I think this has confirmed what most of have been thinking: Riga, tactically, is our best option out of the network managers. Not only that, he's been the favourite personality out of them too.

Given our options have been limited to Roland's network - he really is our best option.

It's just a shame that the limiting option with recruiting a new manager is essentially "does Roland already know and trust him by employing him in the network".
  • Options
    edited January 2016

So, having skimmed through 12 pages I take it a few people are upset. I remember Jose getting Callum playing like a world beater. That gives me a little bit of hope. I personally feel a lot better than just before the 44th minute of Tues night when my stomach was starting to churn at the John Smith's. I was watching absolute tripe. I think back to an equally cold night the March before at Forest when we battled out a win with Reza scoring and playing quite well. I live in hope, though still angry at the lack of effort by Roly and his crew.

What addickted said^^

Wish you well Jose (again)
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Is here "the favourite personality" because of who he is or because he saved us from relegation, will he be as popular if we are relegated this time?
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

FACTS

I think this has confirmed what most of have been thinking: Riga, tactically, is our best option out of the network managers. Not only that, he's been the favourite personality out of them too.

Given our options have been limited to Roland's network - he really is our best option.

It's just a shame that the limiting option with recruiting a new manager is essentially "does Roland already know and trust him by employing him in the network".
    So it's either win or lose with Riga. No messing about with bore draws and 1 point. Probably a good strategy, but games like tomorrow are probably best to place in the too hard basket.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 38s39 seconds ago England, United Kingdom
    Riga has signed an 18-month deal. #cafc

18 months, so not interim then...
  • Options

British manager eh?

"Has experience in England" was I think what they were saying yesterday. So, ok, kind of....
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    shine166 said:

Mickey Mouse club, beyond parody

The only football folk not pissing themselves at our predicament are Villa and Toon fans. And maybe Leeds fans...
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Welcome back Jose but I must ask, "What the fuck?"
  • Options
    I like Jose and I hope supporters back him and the team. But it changes nothing about the running of the club. As soon as that final whistle goes, the protests continue.
  • Options

British manager eh?

"Has experience in England" was I think what they were saying yesterday. So, ok, kind of....
    But I thought that the club claimed Fraeye was the brains behind Riga's time ...
  • Options
    mogodon said:

British manager eh?

But I thought that the club claimed Fraeye was the brains behind Riga's time ...
    Supposing. Just supposing that's true. Gulp

• Options

mogodon said:

British manager eh?

Supposing. Just supposing that's true. Gulp

Well the proof of the pudding etc etc …

Reckon Karel has well and truly shat on that premise!!!
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    I like Jose and also feel he is the best choice we could have expected under this idiot. Welcome back from me.

I thought he did really well first time round and showed a great dignity throughout his tenure.

However............, something deep down inside me makes me feel that if we are relegated this season Jose would share a little smile of satisfaction with us because it will dent old Bighead's investment in the process. Perhaps a little satisfaction from being so readily dismissed by the cold hearted villain last time and being able to hold aloft his 18 month contract in triumph? But I digress (:
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Simonsen said:

Riga is calm and will inspire confidence. He knows his way to Sparrows Lane from The Valley and won't be phased by our predicament or working with the loony tunes on the board. I doubt fans will single him out for abuse even in a hostile Valley.

I think he is his own man and might have insisted on a budget.

For me at least he is a good choice. Those expecting someone like Pearson or Monk were always going to be disapointed.

As for Duchatelet admitting that mistakes have been made. Let's hope that he really does address that in the remaining weeks of the window.

We still need him to sell. Ramp up the protests but support Riga and the team.

And rest assured, we support the team & in this case, its manager but not the regime.
    Reading some the comments on this thread, it appears a number of people won't be supporting the Manager. However, that's their choice entirely so no problem on that score.

Personally, I like Jose Riga and I'm glad he's back. I have a feeling that Charlton became very dear to his heart and if it were me, I wouldn't have been able to resist the challenge of coming back. I hope the players will welcome him back too.

Ps...can blokes get cystitis too?
    Riga kept us up and should have been kept on, am still convinced that Peeters was always going to be the manager even when Riga signed a three month contract in March.

However, Riga is now fair game like all the other incompetents that we have had.

I'll give it ten games then he'll be getting stick.
  • Options
    Rob said:

He was treated appallingly before. Hopefully he will ignore the back room idiots and work well with the players to get us out of this mess. Jacko was his captain before so that bodes well. He also got Cousins and Poyet ticking.

If he had anything about him he would have told Duchatelet to f*** off.
  • Options
    Commented earlier I am pleased with this news, also agree with most of the other posters he will have a much more difficult task this time around as the team had changed quite a bit, I was lead to believe he wanted to continue his tenure as manager last time however didd not get the opportunity, I wonder if this was because he was not given any authority over budget and which players he could have as this control seems to have been placed with Ms Miere?
    I'm hoping within his new contract he has regained some control of incoming player selection which is selected primarily on footballing ability rather than budget suitability
  • Options
    Hope he does well but all this "will take a miracle to keep us up", "if he keeps us up it will be amazing" I'm not so sure about.

We have been dire of late amongst all the behind the scenes issues too and yet we're only 3 points adrift,same played. People speaking as though if he keeps us up it would vindicate the decision and we should be amazed by him (again).

I think any manager worth his salt would be capable of keeping us up from this position due to the trash around us.
  • Options
    Best of the bunch that we were ever realistically going to get but all just part of the ongoing farce. I'll keep going for now to support the team and to protest vehemently at Duchatelet and his mare. But if nothing changes soon I'm done. Utterly deflated.

Season ticket renewal? HahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahAhahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahAhahahahahahahahahahahahahHahAhahahahahahahahahahahahahHaFeckinha
  • Options
    madadd said:

Commented earlier I am pleased with this news, also agree with most of the other posters he will have a much more difficult task this time around as the team had changed quite a bit, I was lead to believe he wanted to continue his tenure as manager last time however didd not get the opportunity, I wonder if this was because he was not given any authority over budget and which players he could have as this control seems to have been placed with Ms Miere?
    I'm hoping within his new contract he has regained some control of incoming player selection which is selected primarily on footballing ability rather than budget suitability

Agree. After the shambles on Tues I wouldn't want to see Johnson, Williams or Vaz Te near first choice. Poyet only just convinced me. These players should not be walking straight into the starting 11. Perhaps Jose can instill a bit of confidence in THD and Lennon. He should see immediately that Fox has got shed loads of work still to do and needs to be re-programmed. If I remember rightly Jose had a knack with mind tricks or something. Let's hope he can convince these lot that they can actually play a bit.
  • Options
    Total farce! Yes Riga kept us up last time but with a better team than we have currently. He had Tal Ben H, Bikey, Wiggins, Bulot and a fit Igor V. The current players are no better than mid league one. That is where we shall be next season. When we are relegated I can imagine KM saying-but the fans wanted Riga, not my fault.
    I hope he can keep us up but I think it's too late unless the cheque book is out and we buy 3 championship players. Pigs might fly first.
    Sorry I'm so pessimistic but Du chocolat and The Mare are so clueless that even my old mum could do a better job and she is 94!

Tanner a bag peanuts!
    Good luck Jose you will need it.
  • Options
    Unfortunately for Jose I think this lot are shot. Good luck to him and all that but the damage has been done already. There is a cancer eating this club from the inside out. Nice fella n all but I think he's onto a hiding to nothing.

As for Douchebag, I cannot contain my contempt for him. In fact I am sure now that the feeling is mutual with that bastard!
  • Options
    Just waiting for the club to announce Fraeye as Riga's assistant...