Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Options
    I just hope he's backed in the transfer market this month because this squad is nowhere near good enough.
  • Options
    Welcome back Jose Riga, I have a feeling he will be our Ferguson.
  • Options

Hopefully not Darren.

Lol although anything is progress from the "brain" carol
  • Options

Hopefully not Darren.

Sarah?
  • Options

GET. THEM. OUT.

I like Riga but this just isn't an acceptable appointment, it's a shambles, if he's good enough now why wasn't he appointed 18 months ago. As VG said this is just laziness.

Anybody who is happy with this appointment, which I'm sure there are some and I don't necessarily blame them - but you can't back off if you are happy with it. We need the Belgians out, whatever happens.

We need a full-scale military attack at Blackburn. Katrien out Roland out, get the f*ckers out. Out out out.

I agree with you on this... changes nothing! Still need to get them out! It is a war...

I will say that there is also another fight we are in and that is the fight to stay up! And in that respect I back Jose and will support him. With this boards track record we could have got a lot worse.
  • Options
    An 18 month contract , i wonder if that is at Charlton or just within the network
  • Options

I'm ok'ish with Riga, for now, BUT RD needs to give JR two things immediately-:

The opportunity to bring in at least 3 more good players
    The chance to run things his way

Without either of them, then you could give the job to Pep, Bernitez, Mouriniho and we would still be relegated.

Amended because we wouldn't want any of the shit Superman Kar El brought in.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

Simonsen said:

Riga is calm and will inspire confidence. He knows his way to Sparrows Lane from The Valley and won't be phased by our predicament or working with the loony tunes on the board. I doubt fans will single him out for abuse even in a hostile Valley.

I think he is his own man and might have insisted on a budget.

For me at least he is a good choice. Those expecting someone like Pearson or Monk were always going to be disapointed.

As for Duchatelet admitting that mistakes have been made. Let's hope that he really does address that in the remaining weeks of the window.

We still need him to sell. Ramp up the protests but support Riga and the team.

And rest assured, we support the team & in this case, its manager but not the regime.
    Reading some the comments on this thread, it appears a number of people won't be supporting the Manager. However, that's their choice entirely so no problem on that score.

Personally, I like Jose Riga and I'm glad he's back. I have a feeling that Charlton became very dear to his heart and if it were me, I wouldn't have been able to resist the challenge of coming back. I hope the players will welcome him back too.

Ps...can blokes get cystitis too?
    Riga kept us up and should have been kept on, am still convinced that Peeters was always going to be the manager even when Riga signed a three month contract in March.

However, Riga is now fair game like all the other incompetents that we have had.

I'll give it ten games then he'll be getting stick.
    Giving Jose Riga stick is hardly going to help.
  • Options

madadd said:

Commented earlier I am pleased with this news, also agree with most of the other posters he will have a much more difficult task this time around as the team had changed quite a bit, I was lead to believe he wanted to continue his tenure as manager last time however didd not get the opportunity, I wonder if this was because he was not given any authority over budget and which players he could have as this control seems to have been placed with Ms Miere?
    I'm hoping within his new contract he has regained some control of incoming player selection which is selected primarily on footballing ability rather than budget suitability

Agree. After the shambles on Tues I wouldn't want to see Johnson, Williams or Vaz Te near first choice. Poyet only just convinced me. These players should not be walking straight into the starting 11. Perhaps Jose can instill a bit of confidence in THD and Lennon. He should see immediately that Fox has got shed loads of work still to do and needs to be re-programmed. If I remember rightly Jose had a knack with mind tricks or something. Let's hope he can convince these lot that they can actually play a bit.
    In that case, do you think Jose can teach Makienok to bend his arms when he runs?
  • Options
    From Facebook:

'My French team Metz FC sacked him at Christmas after a run of 4 defeats. Although we were still in the top 6 when he left everyone agreed his style of football was totally abject and we'd been lucky. Anyway, may be he'll repeat his trick for Charlton. Good luck!'
  • Options

madadd said:

Commented earlier I am pleased with this news, also agree with most of the other posters he will have a much more difficult task this time around as the team had changed quite a bit, I was lead to believe he wanted to continue his tenure as manager last time however didd not get the opportunity, I wonder if this was because he was not given any authority over budget and which players he could have as this control seems to have been placed with Ms Miere?
    I'm hoping within his new contract he has regained some control of incoming player selection which is selected primarily on footballing ability rather than budget suitability

Agree. After the shambles on Tues I wouldn't want to see Johnson, Williams or Vaz Te near first choice. Poyet only just convinced me. These players should not be walking straight into the starting 11. Perhaps Jose can instill a bit of confidence in THD and Lennon. He should see immediately that Fox has got shed loads of work still to do and needs to be re-programmed. If I remember rightly Jose had a knack with mind tricks or something. Let's hope he can convince these lot that they can actually play a bit.
    In that case, do you think Jose can teach Makienok to bend his arms when he runs?
    Never seen Big Mak in the flesh but that makes me chuckle, picturing him running.
  • Options
    Bonkers.
  • Options

madadd said:

Never seen Big Mak in the flesh but that makes me chuckle, picturing him running.
    Thought he was being accused of being a chimp - naughty that! :wink:
  • Options
    He should have been signed up straight after that season he did well for us. Instead we have wasted 2 years and gone back to where we were. If he was given those two years here he may well have built a fairly solid team.
  • Options
    dizzee said:

If Riga fails to save us I would rather get relegated with Riga and let him have next season to bring us back up. I'm fed up of changing manager every two minutes. I like the guy and am going to back him.

Should get your wish. He has an 18 month contract this time. (:
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Welcome back José Riga, as predicted - we knew you would. Welcome back, to another Blackpool.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    I predict he will be fucking useless without Chris powells backroom staff
  • Options

I predict he will be fucking useless without Chris powells backroom staff

And Chris Powell's players.
  • Options
    Thread title needs to be changed to head coach. We can only dream of the day we will get another manager.
    José will get some good will based on the way he conducted himself last time and for the successful outcome of his remit.
    Fact is, we don't really know if he's really got what he takes, as he wasn't around for long enough last time.
    Some of the others started promisingly until questions were asked and limitations exposed.
    I do wonder whether this may undermine the growing groundswell of discontent though, especially if we get an immediate bounce of good results. I am sure that is the regimes hope.
    As somebody else said constant negativity can be tiring and draining and I am sure there will be some fans who will lose their resolve if we are winning football matches.
    Regime change may be a long and bumpy road for those of us that believe it is the only way to save our club as we know it.
  • Options
    It's a lunatic decision given that there we probably alternatives on the market - however this is no ordinary owner and perhaps lunatic is about right.

That said, given Riga's previous time at the helm, I think he is the right man to gel the players together with a very firm hand on the tiller. Always had the impression that he worked on their mentality well and that's what's needed to keep us in the Championship.

No idea if he will get funds for anything, but he does have a small window of opportunity in the market before that shuts down.

Like others have said I can back the team and the gaffer - but the owner and CEO have my utter dislike and distrust.

We are a laughing stock, but hope Riga can at least turn it around so it's just a smirk rather than the full on guffawing we seem to be getting.
  • Options
    Minimum 7 wins needed out of 20 games to have any chance. We have 4 wins from 26 so far.
    Better start scouring the fixture list Jose!
  • Options

And what are we going to do for defenders, midfielders and strikers as all of these positions seem to need strengthening?

We got the manager we all prayed for, we can't have both him and players - think of the budget!!!
  • Options
    dizzee said:

If Riga fails to save us I would rather get relegated with Riga and let him have next season to bring us back up. I'm fed up of changing manager every two minutes. I like the guy and am going to back him.

This
  • Options
    rikofold said:

And what are we going to do for defenders, midfielders and strikers as all of these positions seem to need strengthening?

We got the manager we all prayed for, we can't have both him and players - think of the budget!!!
    While i agree with you, do we really think he'll still be here next season if we go down? I highly doubt it personally.