Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

***Jose Riga... New Charlton Manager (again)***

Comments

• Welcome back Jose Riga, I have a feeling he will be our Ferguson.

We have already had him don't you remember? Or didn't you believe our Chief Executive????............I don't know, some people have no faith!!!!!!!! :wink:
  • Will be a disaster, we really needed a tough no nonsense British manager to get out of this mess, someone who knew what type of player we needed to bring in January to carve out the results.
    Too late now the last throw of the nice has been throwed by Duchatelet and he has lost.........League One again and ifear no return untill he is gone.

This x100

Metz fans were laughing at the appointment, he was shocking there.
  • Dreadful owner and CEO, clueless strategy, endless sub standard Managers, generally poor squad (except for the good ones who we are selling) = nothing has changed.

Our only hope is that RD cashes in when we are relegated.
  • edited January 2016
    Fumbluff said:

Richard Cawley ‏@RichCawleySLP 38s39 seconds ago England, United Kingdom
    Riga has signed an 18-month deal. #cafc

18 months, so not interim then...
    I reckon he'll get about 4 and a half.....
    Can I change that from months to games....?

Or maybe even goals? Sheesh
  • Last time we had characters, some experience, some games in hand and a strong defence that included both. Morro, Dervite, Wiggins and Solly. Oh to have them back now. I remember in the summer people saying how good £750K for Wiggins was...!
  • Welcome back Jose Riga, I have a feeling he will be our Ferguson.

Sadly it's Massey rather than Alex....
  • I said earlier in the week sacked by May , he will be lucky to survive February
  • Well qu'elle fucking surprise. He's not the messiah.

Most teams get a new manager bounce. We get an already- used manager thud.
  • Last time we had characters, some experience, some games in hand and a strong defence that included both. Morro, Dervite, Wiggins and Solly. Oh to have them back now. I remember in the summer people saying how good £750K for Wiggins was...!

and solid professional coaches with vast experience at this level in Dyer, Matthews and Roberts. They and the team spirit fostered by Powell kept us up of that I have no doubt.

Now Riga has Wim de Cort and he will probably bring in Bart de Roover - I think he is going to get found out big time.
  • Sponsored links:

• colin1961 said:

his first game in charge is next Saturday ....... expect some players to arrive this week

So what's he doing in Hull today? Hardly a great romantic weekend away destination.
  • colin1961 said:

his first game in charge is next Saturday ....... expect some players to arrive this week

Thanks Katrien. Been wondering when we'd hear from you again.

• He'll need that blue bin to barf in after the game.
  • I think any coach who takes on a job from Duchatelet is by definition a clueless numpty. To expect anything of them other than that the decline might be slowed is futile.
    Until Duchatelet either goes or completely changes how he runs Charlton only the faces change, the incompetent farce just rolls on.
  • Sponsored links:

• edited January 2016
    Q
  • At least the fella might come out and face the press after the game. Unlike that coward Karel.
  • If Jose had taken over from Guy or Guy had stayed I think we may have turned it around. It will take a while to rebuild confidence and it looks like we will simply run out of games.
  • colin1961 said:

mogodon said:

colin1961 said:

So what's he doing in Hull today? Hardly a great romantic weekend away destination.
    He is in the stand watching Euell and assistant are in charge today
    Well, the club themselves beforehand were trilling on about it being his first game etc etc. So someone's not telling the truth and I am sure the club would never want to mislead fans. Because that nice Mr Murray would never allow it
  • No doubt some will still clap him next week at the home game as he bizarrely seems to have obtained quasi hero status at Charlton. Nice bloke and I'm sure he cares about us be he is part of the regime and they are poison to this club. Just another under qualified, ill equipped and funded puppet contributing to the demise of this football club.

No capable manager will agree to work under this mob even on the off chance they look outside their network of gloom.

Spot on. Take a step back and wonder how it has come to the position that someone such as Jose Riga is the best we can get, and actually seen as a real positive appointment by some fans.
  • mogodon said:

No doubt some will still clap him next week at the home game as he bizarrely seems to have obtained quasi hero status at Charlton. Nice bloke and I'm sure he cares about us be he is part of the regime and they are poison to this club. Just another under qualified, ill equipped and funded puppet contributing to the demise of this football club.

No capable manager will agree to work under this mob even on the off chance they look outside their network of gloom.

Spot on. Take a step back and wonder how it has come to the position that someone such as Jose Riga is the best we can get, and actually seen as a real positive appointment by some fans.
    He's the acceptable face of the Network
  • Oakster said:

mogodon said:

No doubt some will still clap him next week at the home game as he bizarrely seems to have obtained quasi hero status at Charlton. Nice bloke and I'm sure he cares about us be he is part of the regime and they are poison to this club. Just another under qualified, ill equipped and funded puppet contributing to the demise of this football club.

He's the acceptable face of the Network
    Yup, and probably the only one left in the network that wouldn't have led to a storming of the board room next weekend.
  • Starting to wonder if the players wanted him in charge, they must have as JJ said so :-)
  • colin1961 said:

mogodon said:

colin1961 said:

He is in the stand watching Euell and assistant are in charge today
    Can you see him from where you are, Katrien?