Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you appeased?

edited January 2016 in General Charlton
The fact that Jose Riga is back, and that Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet has stated: “This has been a disappointing season for everyone connected with Charlton and the board take responsibility for that. Some things, like an unprecedented number of injuries, we could not have foreseen. But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January.

“It was also crucial we dealt with the position of the Head Coach. José did an excellent job in his short period with Charlton two seasons ago. He was very popular with supporters and I believe that he will get us back on track. There are 20 matches of the season still to play and it’s vital that we battle for every point.”

Are you all happy? Or does the protesting still go on to get rid of KM and RM?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
  • Options

Support the team, not the regime.

This
  • Options

That is not exactly what I was asking!

• Options
    Loup086 said:

The fact that Jose Riga is back, and that Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet has stated: “This has been a disappointing season for everyone connected with Charlton and the board take responsibility for that. Some things, like an unprecedented number of injuries, we could not have foreseen. But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January.

“It was also crucial we dealt with the position of the Head Coach. José did an excellent job in his short period with Charlton two seasons ago. He was very popular with supporters and I believe that he will get us back on track. There are 20 matches of the season still to play and it’s vital that we battle for every point.”

Are you all happy? Or does the protesting still go on to get rid of KM and RM?

Of course we're not happy. Nothing against Riga but he's still one of RD's men. We need them out and a clean slate, they've learnt absolutely nothing from their many past mistakes.

And what responsibility do the board really take? We have a CEO that no one has heard a word out of for weeks.
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

The protests go on ... and escalate
  • Options
    No
  • Sponsored links:

• Options

No. This changes nothing.

We still need them out for the sake or our club.

100% agree.

Riga might step off the eurostar fresh from a meeting with Duchatalet waving a piece of paper and declaring peace in our time but it changes nothing.
  • Options
    Not appeased - though will support Riga and the team
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

My apologies, what I was getting at is why I do not personally dislike Riga, and he won me over last time, in the context of what is going on its another disgraceful appointment by Roland.

I will actually double my efforts to support the team and in fact Riga, but I will also double my efforts to protest and try and rid us of the circus upstairs.
  • Options
    People aren't now, but a couple of January signings and a couple of wins and I reckon there might not be as many people protesting outside the west stand.
  • Options
    No.
    1. We've been lied to yet again about an interviewing process (again conducted in record time).

2. The CEO told us that every appointment is an improvement. We've gone back to Riga.

3. RD says we can't be blamed for injuries. A bigger, more mature squad could have coped better with injuries.

4. The owner, CEO and senile Murray are making us a laughing stock.
  • Options
    Plus this will also strengthen the possibility of Meire staying, as she liked Riga apparently
  • Options
    I would rather have Jose than Carol, however we are still going to stumble from one crap set of decisions to the next. We have to get the idiots out of our club.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think I said in a previous thread that I thought it was RD who ALWAYS picked the incoming team members as he does the incoming head coach, never KM. She is just his 'stand-in' here in the UK. She only says what RD has told her to say.

• Options
    se9addick said:

People aren't now, but a couple of January signings and a couple of wins and I reckon there might not be as many people protesting outside the west stand.

If that happens then they'll deserve the shithouse state of a club the owners will leave when eventually bored of us.

This cannot be allowed to happen. Complacency or acceptance will ultimately prove devastating.
  • Options
    boggzy said:

You must be joking. What's changed??!!

Riga being more pleasing to a woman's eye than KF?
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No, but with these Jokers in charge did anyone expect any different by reappointing Riga? They would have appointed the Serb yesterday, but were told by internal and external parties that this would have had a shitstorm even greater than before.

Out of the merry go round of managers on there, he's the best option in my opinion. It does not make it right, far from it. They were never going to appoint from outside their circle.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Appeased? Good heavens no, just a little more hopeful than I was walking out of the John Smiths stadium on Tuesday that we have a slight of chance staying up with the change of Manager / Coach. As a Championship club we are more attractive to a potential buyer IMO and hopefully RDs exit might come that much quicker. Keep the pressure on to constantly remind the circus that they need to leave town. Support the team not the Regime.
  • Options
    I personally feel the protests must continue. RD must come to his senses and see exactly what is wrong at our club. He needs to appoint a UK orientated CEO, a new scout, remove Murray Mint, and allow his manager/head coach to have a sizeable fund which he can draw on to add and improve the current team.

• Options
    edited January 2016
    No. The network and the model remains. Nothing has changed.

How many wrong decisions can they admit before they admit they're getting it all wrong.
  • Options

I think for some it will, and personally that saddens me. I can't see on the one hand you can want Roland out, yet at the same time welcome back into the fold one of his lackey's, despite him being a likeable character.

As a result, the conflicts the 'support the team, not the regime' mantra for me, as Riga is very much part of the regime.

And lets agree with one thing. Roland hasn't said anything. They have simply attached his name (with his approval) to a statement put together by the comms team or the PR man. Half of which apparently had Meire's name against yesterday, and for a different manager.

I would like to think, and do believe, that on a personal level Riga has come back because of his love for Charlton and not because he is Roland's lackey. From what I remember about his last tenure here is he won around the crowd, we played some decentish football, and it seemed like he was well liked by the players. Out of everyone Roland has employed for us his managerial credentials and stats are actually pretty decent (Blackpool aside).

It's a difficult one to describe AFKA, my feelings for the regime have not changed one iota and getting Riga back 18 months after he was deemed not good enough is farcical on so so many levels. However, no matter what happens, the main thing I want to happen is for Charlton to win games and to not get relegated, and going by previous history we at least might have a chance of that with Riga in charge, this is why I will support the team and the manager. That however does not change the past, and all the ridiculous decisions that RD/KM have made, and how they have attempted to rip the soul out of the club, and how they appointed Karal Fraeye as manager, and that is why I will not support the regime and want them gone.

• Options
    I am a bit concerned that Riga lost a few games 3-0 with us last time.
    Apparently only goes for the ones he thinks are possible wins.
    If you look at our remainder fixture list that doesn't feel me
    with much confidence. Still will wait for 2 more possible signings
    and the new manager bounce!!!