Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you appeased?

Comments

• Options
    It wont change a thing (absolutely nothing against Jose). RD must have so many rolls of wallpaper, to be able to constantly cover those cracks.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    No I am not appeased. He did well, but is he the best available Coach out there? Probably not. I would be happier if we looked around at the coaches available, interviewed them and then if Riga is the best candidate so be it.
  • Options
    Hell no. I hope we smash blackburn 4-0 and then there are double the forest numbers outside the west stand after
  • Options
    What if Riga does a good job, keeps us up and the team starts performing as a team. Do you think they will keep him on or will he be off again for another useless replacement from the network?
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

Dansk_Red said:

No

clive said:

No.

OK accept that, but do you both think the protests should continue?
    Yes. Until such time as:1) RD sells or
    2) even less likely, recruits sufficient competent executives to run the business of the club, sufficient qualified experienced coaches, scouts, physios to run and maintain the playing squad, with sufficient playing budget to arrest the plummet towards relegation, followed by a reasonable progression up the table - escaping relegation this season can not be the end of the process, merely the beginning, RD's presence can not be considered as tolerable before Charlton's curve is manifestly upward

as has been reiterated elsewhere; RD is supposedly a business man, successfully so up to now, for him to oversee the ever accelerating depreciation of an historically viable asset is idiotic, any remaining germ of common sense in his aged head must choose one or the other, until such time as it is abundantly clear that he has made his choice we have to maintain the pressure on him and his hitherto craven lackeys, continue to bring media attention home and abroad to the reckless idiocy of his tenure to date.

and breathe ...
  • Options
    No I'm not appeased , that prick RD is trying to divide fans opinions , the man does not give a fuck about wot us the fans want , he is a arrogant man , may the Demos long continue , we really need to oust this man he is destroying our great club , Some young English coaches out their who would love to take the helm at Cafc , but that is never gonna happen all the time Roland the prick is in charge
  • Options
    Appeased? No, not yet. Here me out.

Will say that removing KF and bringing in JR is a AT LEAST showing some care. Someone , somewhere has actually thought about the direction of Charlton Athletic. More then you expect from this lot at present. JR is short term solution.

RDs quote is in writing so yeh the comms team may have just rustled something up and got permission to attach his name but you don't know the facts. Could be that he's finally spoken! And told Meire to keep it shut as every time she speaks, she pisses people off.

What is said within the quote looks like a reluctant apology or identification that they have done the wrong things here and there. That's something. Based on evidence it's hard to expect much from this lot. They have stupidly and annoyingly taken there time with fixing things, but maybe some of the protests and especially losing 5-0 at Hudders, has sunk in that they, as quoted fucked it up and have to take that responsibility. Should have left the injury crises bit out as that would not have been a problem if we had a big enough squad which is still there responsibility.

If RD sacked Meire and for the start of the new 16/17 season (holy shit the years are flying by) he appointed a British manager with championship or higher experience and allowed that MANAGER to make his own signings or work within something similar to that and ffs not have to get KFs approval on players.

If RD allowed the club to rebuild itself within it's means he can still have his FFP fantasy if he just recruited WISELY and logically. What works well at football clubs, stability? Oh yeh might try and focus more on that.

If he thought more long and hard about keeping high prospect academy players for at least longer and realised it's about quality not quantity. We can still sell them but at least use what is going to be their maximum potential in playing for us.

If he did those things and showed the club more respect in general actually took an interest in one of his children as he describes the network of clubs to be his kids, attended matches, after all it is his money! Then further apologised for the last 2 years, I'd be appeased and would forgive him.

He could sell that would work too.

Someone at charlton has listened though. This listening process may or may not continue but see what happens and if it's still a merry go round then they know the fans won't take it.

They have to behave from now on and they know it.

Meires job is untenable she needs to go. That would be a big step in the right direction if and when that happens.

• Options
    I don't see this appointment being divisive as they or some of us may think. At the games, most people are behind the team, it is only in the last few that things have started to turn nastier toward what we're seeing on the pitch, but the focal point has been KF.

If results continue to be poor, then the fact that Riga is well liked means that we continue that anger and it will be directed at them. If results improve, then we will during the 90mins be placated. However afterwards demonstrations will continue.

IMO results aren't going to improve so the board would've failed in their attempts to turn it round
  • Options
    I wont be appeased until RD sells up and goes. I'm content (note I didn't say happy) with Riga being appointed because it could have been much worse, but I think he is going to find it much harder than before. Last time around we won quite a few games by a single goal and we were able to do that because we had a solid defence with Morrison and Dervite. This time around our defence is shaky as hell. If he can plug the holes in our back four, we might have a chance, but I fear the worst.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    No retreat, no surrender.

The Scots had Braveheart’s speech to inspire them in their fight against tyranny and injustice. In our own fight against incompetence and ignorance, we might draw similar inspiration from Oliver Cromwell, that defender of the people, who dismissed Parliament in1653 with the following words:

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue and defiled by your practice of every vice.

You are a factious crew and enemies to all good government. You are a pack of mercenary wretches and would, like Esau, sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the Commonwealth?

You sordid prostitutes, have you not defiled this sacred place and turned the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

You are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed and are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

I command you therefore to depart immediately out of this place. Go, get you out! Make haste! You venal slaves be gone! Take away that shining bauble there and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!"
  • Options
    We still need better players with Championship experience but I feel our January 'ins' are complete. Expecting some 'outs' and more debuts for U21s.

Appeased - NO!!!!
  • Options
    RD brings in a lacklustre, foreign network man with a frankly unimpressive record and continues to asset strip the team and academy as fast as possible. Hence learning no lessons and taking no advice.

KM gives us a week long example of just how bad she is at her job.

The club is in chaos and is very likely indeed to be relegated

No - Not appeased at all !

• Options
    What a shower of shot I'm out
  • Options
    I've been wondering how Riga's record the last time actually stacks up - I wondered if maybe we tend to view it with rose-tints because he got us to safety - so I looked it up:
    P16 W7 D3 L6
    Not too bad I suppose, but it's not that good.
    In fact, compare it to Luzon's run to the end of the season in sort of similar circumstances:
    P20 W8 D5 L7
    Pretty similar records, but Riga wasn't retained after his stint, while Luzon was. And we all know how that worked out.
    I guess in both cases we were grateful that somebody masterminded an escape, so they were afforded minor hero status. But if the records are anything to go by, it would suggest Riga is no better than Luzon.

Then again, statistics is all bollocks.
    :smiley:
  • Options
    No, it's pathetic. KM is next who needs to go and then we are moving in the right direction.

When that's on the OS then I'll be happier.
  • Options

I've been wondering how Riga's record the last time actually stacks up - I wondered if maybe we tend to view it with rose-tints because he got us to safety - so I looked it up:
    P16 W7 D3 L6
    Not too bad I suppose, but it's not that good.
    In fact, compare it to Luzon's run to the end of the season in sort of similar circumstances:
    P20 W8 D5 L7
    Pretty similar records, but Riga wasn't retained after his stint, while Luzon was. And we all know how that worked out.
    I guess in both cases we were grateful that somebody masterminded an escape, so they were afforded minor hero status. But if the records are anything to go by, it would suggest Riga is no better than Luzon.

Then again, statistics is all bollocks.
    :smiley:

Personally I think the only thing that mattered last time is that we stayed up. We didn't scrape it either, we were 7 points clear and in 18th spot. I worry this time though. I think the team is in a worse position. They are mentally shot and our defence is atrocious. It's going to be a huge task to sort them out and start winning. I think he will find it a lot tougher this time.
  • Options
    Appeased ... Hell, no
  • Options

The Scots had Braveheart’s speech to inspire them in their fight against tyranny and injustice. In our own fight against incompetence and ignorance, we might draw similar inspiration from Oliver Cromwell, that defender of the people, who dismissed Parliament in1653 with the following words:

"It is high time for me to put an end to your sitting in this place, which you have dishonoured by your contempt of all virtue and defiled by your practice of every vice.

You are a factious crew and enemies to all good government. You are a pack of mercenary wretches and would, like Esau, sell your country for a mess of pottage, and like Judas betray your God for a few pieces of money.

Is there a single virtue now remaining amongst you? Is there one vice you do not possess? Is there a man amongst you that has the least care for the Commonwealth?

You sordid prostitutes, have you not defiled this sacred place and turned the Lord’s temple into a den of thieves by your immoral principles and wicked practices?

You are grown intolerably odious to the whole nation. You were deputed here by the people to get grievances redressed and are yourselves become the greatest grievance.

I command you therefore to depart immediately out of this place. Go, get you out! Make haste! You venal slaves be gone! Take away that shining bauble there and lock up the doors.

In the name of God, go!"

So......stop sitting on the fence.
    Are you appeased ?
  • Options

In the name of God, go!"

Quoting a ruthless, homicidal, religiously intolerant dictator will not help!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    No, not satisfied or appeased. It went way too far with Karel The appointment was utterly contemptible, and the fact he lasted so long shows a naivety beyond my understanding. Murray and Meire should go as of yesterday. As for Roland, I want him out too. So the protests go on, and on, and on.
  • Options
    No. Actually makes things worse. Just another bad move and a complete unwillingness to show any vision. And bugger this excuse (Copyright © Karel Fraeye) about injuries, we had almost a full side on Tuesday and that went well. Support the team etc ...

Firing that damned woman would cheer me up though, Roland.
  • Options
    It doesn't matter who's the Manager the team which Dushatts passed to us are still shit and will go down. sorry being negative but that's what I think.
  • Options

On a scale of 1 to 10, where 10 is Neville Chamberlain just back from a trip to Munich, I'd say about 2.
  • Options
    Not many yes's then?!?!

Gone from 2% to 100% in 6 weeks. As @Henry Irving would say - Well done Katrien!
  • Options
    I'm appalled ... does that count?
  • Options
    IAgree said:

In the name of God, go!"

Quoting a ruthless, homicidal, religiously intolerant dictator will not help!
    "Cromwell - hero or villain?" is a debate that has been going on for the last 350 years and won't be settled now on CL. However..."ruthless, homicidal, religiously intolerant" are subjective terms which might in any case be levelled at all successful 17th century rulers (one man's ruthless is another man's strong). He was honourable and righteous, began the expansion of the navy to which this country owes so much, championed power for the people, established the dominance of Parliament over the monarchy and was instrumental in creating and leading the game-changing New Model Army. On the other hand he really did cancel Christmas!
  • Options
    Not appeased. I do think there are a lot of positives in Jose's appointment. He's familiar with the club and set up. Knows a good few of the players. Won't be surprised by the background shenanagins. Won over the fans after he replaced a club hero and legend in very difficult circumstances. Kept us up once before. Won't have to find his feet in a new club. We cannot afford that luxury. Looks good in a suit.

I much prefer him to many of the knob heads that have been suggested on here.

Support Jose and the team. Not the regime.
  • Options
    100% behind Jose. RD's comments are welcome but we need to see evidence that there is a proper strategy.
  • Options
    Riga getting an 18 month contract so he can be moved on from us in a few months time.