Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Are you appeased?

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    No. Not at all. We've been lied to again and again by an arrogant, egotistical CEO who would have been fired a long time ago in any other business.

She is a disgrace and is only interested in her own agenda.

Until she goes I will not be appeased at all.
  • Options
    Nope, made worse because this is so lazy
  • Options
    No
  • Options
    No.
  • Options
    Dansk_Red said:

No

clive said:

No.

OK accept that, but do you both think the protests should continue?
  • Options

se9addick said:

People aren't now, but a couple of January signings and a couple of wins and I reckon there might not be as many people protesting outside the west stand.

If that happens then they'll deserve the shithouse state of a club the owners will leave when eventually bored of us.

This cannot be allowed to happen. Complacency or acceptance will ultimately prove devastating.
    I'm probably just overly sceptical after the Woolwich meeting and what happened after. That being said the strength of feeling at the moment is far beyond that which was felt last year so perhaps the two scenarios aren't comparable.
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

Dansk_Red said:

No

clive said:

No.

Absolutely, yes. We can't be bought off with cheap lazy gimmicks. I'm pretty sure she thinks we will all be happy now and that will be that.

How wrong she is!!
  • Options
    I'm certainly happier with JR in charge than when we was stuck with Karel. In my opinion we need to ensure any anger is directed towards the board and not the players or manager
  • Options
    Disgrace all of it
  • Options
    NO
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016
    This appointment will divide the protesting fan base until it's too late. Mission accomplished.

To those appeased by this seriously where do you see this club going under this board? It will be season after season of carefully planned mediocrity.

Of course we have no entitlement to promotion or even a play off push but surely a competitive team managed by a worthy leader and backed by an ambitious board is the bare minimum we should demand?

That many appear sated at the mere prospect of staving off relegation in early January shows how far they have dragged this club down and dented our ambition.

• Options
    No, but it's a shame others have been. Will be interesting to see how opinions change after few wins/losses.

All those affiliated with the Belgians must go, including Jose.
  • Options
    Hell,No :(
  • Options
    KM out. Roland out.
    Very best of luck to Jose, for the short time he's with us.
  • Options
    Not yet is my answer. Still a long way to go.

I'm glad RD himself has now admitted in person he has cocked up rather than just via Murray. If there is any truth/feeling in what he says will be backed up by this transfer window (Johnson, Williams and Poyet don't count in this). He needs to prove he understands what is needed to survive in this league and progress, not to keep buying cheap foreign players who don't cut it.

I am happier with Riga being given the job over the other 2 network options being touted, but still would have preferred a recognized Championship manager.

Do I like the idea of a 12m training ground? Yes
    Would I prefer that money to have been spent on players? Yes
    Am I happy with the way things are run in general? No
    Do I still want an apology from Meire? Yes
    Are we going to get one? No
    Can I forgive Meire for any of her comments about us as customers? No
    Do I want RD to sell to Peter Varney's potential investors? Yes
    Will I back the team? Yes
    Will I back Riga? yes
    Will it make me want to go to games again? not yet no.
  • Options
    This has made me more angry! i didn't think that was possible but there you go!
  • Options

Not appeased - though will support Riga and the team

This is the best of the bad decisions Duchatalet could have made.

I'll be partially appeased when Katrien goes and would be dependent on the approach of any new CEO and a revision of strategy by RD. At least this statement has come from him, which is a toenail of a step forward.
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

Dansk_Red said:

No

clive said:

No.

Yes,until the club is under new ownership.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

It's a poxy decision to bring him back and Riga is a fool for coming.

Riga who wasn't a yes man the 1st time around, that's why he didn't get a new contract, is now in a much better position having a 18 month deal. He who laughs last,laughs loudest (Not KM thou)

This Isn't the 180 degree turn by RD but a look over his shoulder never the less.

Roland Duchatelet speaks for himself, at last, even he must realize That Katrien is a dead man walking; Metaphorically speaking.

Protests must continue because this was the last appointment he wanted to make.(someone who played less Network players than CP)
    Harriott and Poyet will be encouraged by this appointment as well as JJ and Solly.

We need to stay up and then the drastic drop in season tickets will tell RD more than any survey ever can.
  • Options
    Oakster said:

Disheartened - no respect for Riga whatsoever he hangs around Duchatalet and the network like a bad smell. He had a little run of success built entirely on the back of another man's toil and he is the saviour - do me a favour. Luzon and Peeters also had some good streaks and they Ike everything else about this regime, turned out to be garbage.

At least now we will see if Riga actually has a higher degree of ability than the other network gonks foisted on us, or if he just got lucky.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Appeased? I'm done.
  • Options

I am a bit concerned that Riga lost a few games 3-0 with us last time.
    Apparently only goes for the ones he thinks are possible wins.
    If you look at our remainder fixture list that doesn't feel me
    with much confidence. Still will wait for 2 more possible signings
    and the new manager bounce!!!

Also the 2-1 home defeat to relegation candidates Barnsley under Riga was the sort of worthless performance we have become accustomed to in recent months

• Options

Am I appeased? NO

Am I moderately more hopeful that we might avoid relegation? Cautiously Yes.

^this^
  • Options
    With the current team, I cannot see them taking 3 points from Hull on Saturday whoever the manager/head coach is.
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

The fact that Jose Riga is back, and that Charlton owner Roland Duchâtelet has stated: “This has been a disappointing season for everyone connected with Charlton and the board take responsibility for that. Some things, like an unprecedented number of injuries, we could not have foreseen. But we have also made errors in recruitment, mistakes we have immediately tried to address in January.

“It was also crucial we dealt with the position of the Head Coach. José did an excellent job in his short period with Charlton two seasons ago. He was very popular with supporters and I believe that he will get us back on track. There are 20 matches of the season still to play and it’s vital that we battle for every point.”

Are you all happy? Or does the protesting still go on to get rid of KM and RM?

Definitely not. The question of who is managing is a small one compared with all the rest of the mistakes.

Fro example, from RD's statement he thinks that Williams for a month, Poyet and Johnson are adequate reinforcements, while we lose Watt and Lookman. RD out is the only thing that I will accept.
  • Options
    We'll beat Blackburn, fans will argue amongst themselves, less at the protest after the game, we'll stay up, people will buy season tickets again, Riga and our best players will leave, more inept shit will come in, a new no-mark manager from the regime, relegation zone by xmas once more, sacked manager, a few journeymen repeat ad infinitum...
  • Options

It's a poxy decision to bring him back and Riga is a fool for coming.

Riga who wasn't a yes man the 1st time around, that's why he didn't get a new contract, is now in a much better position having a 18 month deal. He who laughs last,laughs loudest (Not KM thou)

This Isn't the 180 degree turn by RD but a look over his shoulder never the less.

Roland Duchatelet speaks for himself, at last, even he must realize That Katrien is a dead man walking; Metaphorically speaking.

Protests must continue because this was the last appointment he wanted to make.(someone who played less Network players than CP)
    Harriott and Poyet will be encouraged by this appointment as well as JJ and Solly.

We need to stay up and then the drastic drop in season tickets will tell RD more than any survey ever can.
    He sad yes when Roly called him back for a short unsuccessful stint at Standard Liege in May 2015.
  • Options
    Loup086 said:

Dansk_Red said:

No

clive said:

No.

Yes
  • Options
    Kap10 said:

Not appeased - though will support Riga and the team

This is the best of the bad decisions Duchatalet could have made.

I'll be partially appeased when Katrien goes and would be dependent on the approach of any new CEO and a revision of strategy by RD. At least this statement has come from him, which is a toenail of a step forward.
    I doubt very much it comes from him-it is a precis of Murray's statement, probably done by an intern.
  • Options
    No, definitely not. As I said yesterday, albeit a bit prematurely

http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/70983/this-appointment-changes-nothing#latest