Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite Video Game?

Comments

• Options
    Age of Mythology also brilliant
  • Options
    An old one I used to love on the Amiga was Defender of the Crown - has anyone else even heard of that?
  • Options
    Ross said:

When I was a kid:

Metal Gear Solid
    Grand Theft Auto
    Crash Bandicoot 3
    Micro Machines V3
    Theme Hospital
    Colin McRae Rally
    Gran Turismo and Gran Turismo 2

Then as I got older

GTA Vice City
    GTA San Andreas
    Bioshock
    Forza Motorsport 2
    Call of Duty series

And now

GTA 5
    Tomb Raider and Rise Of The Tomb Raider (2 fantastic games if you've never played them)

Of course, all of the FIFA games as well, but nowadays they're just 'updates' as such which I buy every year. But you can't beat the old days of FIFA 99, 2000 and World Cup 98 on the Playstation. I guess you could say the same about the old Gran Turismo and GTA games....yes they're fantastic now, but they were just so much more fun when I was younger.

Nail on the head.

We officially have the same video gaming life. How cool is that
  • Options
    There's also something about Portal that pleases me.
    It might be the cake.
  • Options
    AoE2 and X-Wing Alliance were two games I loved playing. Picked up AoE2 HD edition when it came out on Steam so that I could play it again.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Dungeon Keeper 2, Age of Empires & Age of Mythology.
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Kenny Dalglish Soccer Manager
    Wonderboy in Monsterland
    Dizzy (Series)
    Shinobi
  • Options
    Playstation 2 - i used to love the LMA Manager series, always wonder why they stopped making those it'd be great on the new gen consoles.
  • Options
    The New Zealand story was pretty special on the Amiga. Although I never got anywhere near finishing it.

Much like Timesplitters 2. Probably the most dedicated Ive ever been to a game without completing it. The penultimate level was impossible. Even the 'walk thru' I found simply said "yeah, good luck with this level."

Funny how COD and FIFA are among the biggest sellers of all time, yet don't get much of a mention here.

Also, not much love for Nintendo. Mario 64 is possibly one of the best games ever made!
  • Options

Wonderboy in Monsterland
    Dizzy (Series)
    Shinobi

The thing about Dizzy is I was so young at the time, maybe 7 or 8 that I could never complete on the spectrum (Treasure Island Dizzy) - so about 5 years ago I decided to look it up on Youtube and see a walk through video. It was always the bit when you went into the sea that I couldn't get past, I was amazed even at the age of 28 how it ended
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    cabbles said:

Wonderboy in Monsterland
    Dizzy (Series)
    Shinobi

The thing about Dizzy is I was so young at the time, maybe 7 or 8 that I could never complete on the spectrum (Treasure Island Dizzy) - so about 5 years ago I decided to look it up on Youtube and see a walk through video. It was always the bit when you went into the sea that I couldn't get past, I was amazed even at the age of 28 how it ended
    I was fortunate enough to have a ZX Spectrum and an Amstrad CPC 464 so had the game on both computers.

Your memory is far better than mine as I recall very little about the game other than the fact that I loved it.
  • Options
    Hold on, Chase HQ! What a game. They took the idea of a racing game and gave it a twist. It wasn't as good as the arcade, the home computer ports never were, but what a gem.

Also, Test Drive 2: The Duel.
  • Options
    New Zealand story lol!

Gotta mention Speedball 2 if we are talking amiga. Game was superb for its time.
  • Options
    I'm not a massive gamer, but I occasionally immerse myself.

A couple of months back I finished the arc of Fallout 4 with the Railroad. I really enjoyed the game, parts were a bit reputative and it suffered with some annoying bugs. I thought that I would have a go at Skyrim as someone said it was similar, but better. I appreciate that the game is made by the same developer, probably on the same engine.
    The similarities I've noted so far are.

Perks
    Ghoul/Draugr
    Minutemen/Companions
    Lots of details too.

I haven't got too far in to the game yet, however I have found running around dungeons in the dark to be rather dull.
    I also get the feeling that I'm going to spend a LOT of my time doing this.

Thoughts on a postcard please.
  • Options
    Portal 2

/thread
  • Options
    Love the paradox Clausewitz engine games. 

Hearts of Iron 4 and Europa Universalis 3, sunk endless hours into them. 
  • Options
    PopIcon said:
    I'm not a massive gamer, but I occasionally immerse myself.

A couple of months back I finished the arc of Fallout 4 with the Railroad. I really enjoyed the game, parts were a bit reputative and it suffered with some annoying bugs. I thought that I would have a go at Skyrim as someone said it was similar, but better. I appreciate that the game is made by the same developer, probably on the same engine.
    The similarities I've noted so far are.

Perks
    Ghoul/Draugr
    Minutemen/Companions
    Lots of details too.

I haven't got too far in to the game yet, however I have found running around dungeons in the dark to be rather dull.
    I also get the feeling that I'm going to spend a LOT of my time doing this.

Thoughts on a postcard please.
    I initially loved Skyrim at the start, but found myself getting very bored with the dungeons as you say. Very repetitive.

Tried it again on the switch, but again got bored. 

I’ve recently dusted off the PS4 and finished Middle Earth: Shadow of Mordor. Thought it was brilliant. 
  • Options
    never ever been a 'gamer' but used to like playing Double Dragon in the chippy down the road from where I lived as a kid

my kids play Fortnite and FIFA + a few others, I wouldn't know where to start - have played FIFA a couple of times at their request (basically so that they can kick my arse!)
  • Options
    Looked back on the list I posted five years ago - th eonly game since then that would get on my list is Red Dead 2 I think. 
  • Options
    never ever been a 'gamer' but used to like playing Double Dragon in the chippy down the road from where I lived as a kid

my kids play Fortnite and FIFA + a few others, I wouldn't know where to start - have played FIFA a couple of times at their request (basically so that they can kick my arse!)
    Double Dragon! Used to play it a Donyngs in after swimming while drinking a can of tropical Rio. It was one of those early co-op games, that's what I used to get excited by. Same as Ninja Turtles and The Simpsons. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Fallout New Vegas
    Rome Total War
    Left 4 Dead 2 
    Runescape has to get a shout on this list for longevity
  • Options
    I'll probably forget half of my favourites but that I can think of:

Dragon Age: Origins
    Farcry 3
    The Last of Us
    Persona 5
    Metal Gear Solid 4
    Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
    Uncharted 2
    Fallout 3
    Red Dead Redemption
    KOTOR 2
    Mass Effect 2
    Walking Dead s1
    Stardew Valley
    The Witcher 3
    Zelda: Windwaker
    Rogue Galaxy
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    I'm near the end of the Resident Evil 1 remake, I think that has to go into my top games now. Perfect atmosphere & pacing that magnifies the action and horror.

The Last of Us Part 2 would also go in my top now. I can't think of any game, book, film or TV show that twists the narrative like that.
  • Options
    I'll probably miss a load but...

Sonic & Knuckles
    Civilisation 
    Age of Empires
    Command and Conquor
    Starcraft II
    Diablo I, II & III
    Speedball 2: Brutal Deluxe
    The Last of Us
    Championship Manager
    The Witcher 3
    Red Dead Redemption
    GTA
    Dragon Age
    Limbo
    Horizon: Zero Dawn
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Portal II
    Goldeneye

I've definitely missed a tonne, but that's what's off the top of my head this morning.
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Sensible World of Soccer
    Frontier Elite 2
    Super Mario 64
    Metal Gear Solid
    Goldeneye 
    Shenmue 
    Alien Isolation

...and probably a ton more.
  • Options
    Road Rash 2 on mega drive 
  • Options
    oh and very honerable mention to International Superstar Soccer 64. First 3D footy game that was genuinely good. 
  • Options
    Gears of War
  • Options
    Blimey...some great games on here!!

Personal Faves...

All the Gears games.
    Super Mario 64
    Red Dead 1 & 2
    Goldeneye (64 Version)
    Skyrim..I get the repetitiveness claims but I just enjoyed everything about it
    Fallout New Vegas
    Sonic 1,2 & 3
    Football Manager

Personally I love RPG games. Getting immersed in those games are great escapism.

Not a fan of online gaming though, maybe I'm too old school!  
  • Options
    Going back to the original post the OG Star Wars Battlefronts were amazing games and I sunk many hours after school playing endlessly, never really enjoyed the newer versions as much. A personal list:

God of War (PS4) - Best game i've played on the modern consoles imo
    The Walking Dead S1 - Very different but brilliantly done
    Halo Reach - Amazing storyline, excellent multiplayer, really fucking difficult, wish the series had ended there.
    Fable - Seems forgotten nowadays but this game was so damn good at the time.