Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

What's your favourite Video Game?

Comments

• Options
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    Zelda: Wind Waker
    Zelda: Breath of the Wild
  • Options
    Bioshock
    Resident Evil 2
    Mario Kart 64
    Championship Manager 01/02
    Zelda: Ocarina of Time
    God of War 
    Dark Souls
    Metal Gear Solid 1

• Options
    Sensible Soccer
    Championship Manager 01/02 
    Streetfighter 2
    Sonic the Hedgehog 2

A simple game but used to spend HOURS playing Lemmings. 

Haven't played any computer games for about 15 years though, except Football Manager.

• Options
    MGS series pretty much in order 1,2 snake eater and 4

Half Life - absolutely loved it

Star wars Knights of the old Republic - loved the twist and a better story than most of the new films  ;) 

Skyrim

Ahhhh I forgot about Star Wars KOTR! It's on my steam now tbf!
    I might have to give it a 4th play through, been a while now!
  • Options
    Star Wars is excellent and I don't seem to get mullered as much on line as I do in cod.
    I don't play any video games but I really think I wouldn't enjoy a fishing one.
  • Options
    Carter said:
    Grand theft auto sam Andreas blew my mind when it came out 
    A game I haven't seen mentioned it shadow or mordor, the sequel shadow of war is even better. Stunningly good games 
    The last of us was epic 
    I loved fight night round 2, once you worked out the punching mechanism it was really enjoyable 
    Call of duty is massive fun but suited to 10 year old kids with ADHD
    Double dragon 2 was my jam at gillingham ice bowl in the early nineties 
    Tetris and wario on the gameboy 

I mentioned it earlier, just finishing the second one and got a great deal on the DLC. Just finishing that off and killed off all of the new tribes. I know it’s a bit grindy, but I’ve loved the games. I’ve spent 80hrs on the second one, my Mrs is over the moon haha. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Carter said:
    A game I haven't seen mentioned it shadow or mordor, the sequel shadow of war is even better. Stunningly good games 
    The last of us was epic 
    I loved fight night round 2, once you worked out the punching mechanism it was really enjoyable 

I loved Fight Night. Used to play career mode endlessly. Seems like nobody has made a boxing game in ages now. 
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Chunes said:
    Carter said:
    The last of us was epic 

I loved Fight Night. Used to play career mode endlessly. Seems like nobody has made a boxing game in ages now. 
    I've also spent an ungodly amount of time on the various UFC games (not so much the recent one) - at one point me and my housemate had a physical board to keep track of wins and losses... it got very serious
  • Options
    Most been said like...

Mario Kart - SNES & Gamecube
    Resi Evil 4 - Wii
    Mario 64 & Super Mario World
    Zelda OOT & Breath of the Wild
    Goldeneye
    CoD - MW2

A few others...

Manhunt 2
    Jet Force Gemini
    Perfect Dark
    Second Sight
    Spiderman (recent one)
    Cuphead
  • Options
    gta san andreas... if i would want one game to be remastered... that would be it. Absolute classic and remains one of the deepest gaming experiences i've ever had.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Chunes said:
    Carter said:
    The last of us was epic 

I've also spent an ungodly amount of time on the various UFC games (not so much the recent one) - at one point me and my housemate had a physical board to keep track of wins and losses... it got very serious
    My housemate and I both used to play Fight Night but we only played each other once because it was too intense.
  • Options
    JiMMy 85 said:
    CAFCTrev said:
    Sensible World of Soccer
    Frontier Elite 2
    Super Mario 64
    Metal Gear Solid
    Goldeneye 
    Shenmue 
    Alien Isolation

...and probably a ton more.
    Just can’t get to the end of Alien Isolation. Keep getting stuck, forgetting where I was, starting again a year later and repeating myself. Hell of a game though! 
    Ive completed it three times, amazing game especially for an fan of the movies like me. 
  • Options
    Away from maybe the main games I used to like the cowboy shooter call of Juarez and the strategic battlestation pacific. Hoped they’d bring them out on latest consoles. 
  • Options
    gta san andreas... if i would want one game to be remastered... that would be it. Absolute classic and remains one of the deepest gaming experiences i've ever had.
    GTA 3 , vice city & dan Andreas are apparently being released as a remastered trilogy this year
  • Options
    Sensible Soccer on the Amiga - only problem being none of the Amiga compatible controllers were built to withstand the punishment suffered on SS, we got thru about a pair a week, Nick down at Argos knew us by sight we were in there so often
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Some proper classics here... 

Age of Mythology
    Alex the Kidd (First game ever played)
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed Black Flag
    Assassins Creed Syndicate
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Assassins Creed Odyssey

Champions of Norrath
    CyberPunk 2077

Destiny 1
    Dragon Age Inquisition

Fable 3 
    Fallout 3
    Fallout NV (Sierra Madre DLC was haunting at times!)
    Fallout 4 
    FIFA (All games, but 2006 or 2007 when you could play as manager, but intervene in simmed games if they weren't going your way)
    Final Fantasy 7 * Absolute all time favourite, really got me into gaming. *
    Final Fantasy 7 R
    Final Fantasy 8
    Final Fantasy 10
    Final Fantasy 12 
    Final Fantasy 15 
    Freedom Fighters

Golden Axe
    GTA Vice City
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA 5

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Original Metroid

Red Dead Redemption (Inc Undead Nightmare) 
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Road Rash 

Skyrim
    Streets of Rage series

The Last of Us (haven't played sequel yet)

I have played and replayed all of these games, currently re-playing Final Fantasy 12 on my original PS2 and Final Fantasy 10 in HD on my PS Vita.

never really got along with Final Fantasy. whenever you went anywhere there would always be some tosser of a creature coming out of no where asking for a fight. reminded me of pokemon. Whenever you went into the long grass. used to get on my nerves. 
  • Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Some proper classics here... 

Age of Mythology
    Alex the Kidd (First game ever played)
    Assassins Creed
    Assassins Creed 2
    Assassins Creed Black Flag
    Assassins Creed Syndicate
    Assassins Creed Origins
    Assassins Creed Odyssey

Champions of Norrath
    CyberPunk 2077

Destiny 1
    Dragon Age Inquisition

Fable 3 
    Fallout 3
    Fallout NV (Sierra Madre DLC was haunting at times!)
    Fallout 4 
    FIFA (All games, but 2006 or 2007 when you could play as manager, but intervene in simmed games if they weren't going your way)
    Final Fantasy 7 * Absolute all time favourite, really got me into gaming. *
    Final Fantasy 7 R
    Final Fantasy 8
    Final Fantasy 10
    Final Fantasy 12 
    Final Fantasy 15 
    Freedom Fighters

Golden Axe
    GTA Vice City
    GTA San Andreas
    GTA 5

Mass Effect Trilogy
    Original Metroid

Red Dead Redemption (Inc Undead Nightmare) 
    Red Dead Redemption 2
    Road Rash 

Skyrim
    Streets of Rage series

The Last of Us (haven't played sequel yet)

I have played and replayed all of these games, currently re-playing Final Fantasy 12 on my original PS2 and Final Fantasy 10 in HD on my PS Vita.

never really got along with Final Fantasy. whenever you went anywhere there would always be some tosser of a creature coming out of no where asking for a fight. reminded me of pokemon. Whenever you went into the long grass. used to get on my nerves. 
    The newer ones are better as you can see them coming.
  • Options
    Red card soccer 
    Gaelic games football 
    Crash bandicoot
    Spryo the dragon
    Fifa
    Football manager 
    Championship manger 
    Sims
    Gta 
    Red dead 
    Driver 1&2
    Tekken 
    Fight night 
    Pokemon on the game boy
    Mario cart 
    Lugi mansions 
    Sonic the hedgehog
    Manhunt 

• Options
    Red card soccer
     Absolutely fantastic game. R2 was like a headbutting button I think 
  • Options
    MGS series pretty much in order 1,2 snake eater and 4

Half Life - absolutely loved it

Star wars Knights of the old Republic - loved the twist and a better story than most of the new films  ;) 

Skyrim

Ahhhh I forgot about Star Wars KOTR! It's on my steam now tbf!
    I might have to give it a 4th play through, been a while now!
    I know its always mentioned but rumour of a remaster has been ramped up since Lucasfilm games took back the rights to make them again. 
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Dazzler21 said:
    Red card soccer
     Absolutely fantastic game. R2 was like a headbutting button I think 
    Playing against dolphins, some of the tackles were naughty. 

I would definitely buy a remastered version
  • Options
    G1 Jockey.

Amazing horse racing game where you had to grow your reputation to get better rides, then you could breed your own horses, design your jockey colours etc. So addictive.
  • Options
    Who remembers the old Lucasfilm RPGs? Secret of Monkey Island..... Indiana Jones and The Fate of Atlantis etc?
  • Options
    I glibly remarked that Portal 2 was the best video game ever and that the thread should be closed at that point.

I stand by the fact that, for me, Portal 2 was gaming peak - indeed I have *literally* not played a game to completion since.

However, in no particular order, up to that point in time my favourites had been

Bubble Bobble
    Crystal Castles
    Bounder
    Hyper Sports
    Kung Fu Master
    Utopia
    Moonstone
    Gods
    Way of the Exploding Fist
    Ghostbusters
    Tekken 3
    NHL 96
    Fade To Black
    FIFA 2002
    The Getaway (both games)
    Silent Hill and Silent Hill 2
    Resident Evil

• Options
    Just finished The Last of Us Pt.2.

I can see why people didn’t like it, but I don’t think I’ve ever truly had a gaming experience like it before. Completely mad emotions whilst playing the climax of the game. I think NaughtyDog were really brave and I commend them for what they achieved.

I need to go and have a lie down after that.
  • Options
    Defender in the arcade 
  • Options
    Just finished The Last of Us Pt.2.

I can see why people didn’t like it, but I don’t think I’ve ever truly had a gaming experience like it before. Completely mad emotions whilst playing the climax of the game. I think NaughtyDog were really brave and I commend them for what they achieved.

I need to go and have a lie down after that.
    haven't got part 2 yet but i hope it still has the bow and arrow as a weapon. loved using that in the first one. 
  • Options
    G1 Jockey.

Amazing horse racing game where you had to grow your reputation to get better rides, then you could breed your own horses, design your jockey colours etc. So addictive.
    Loved it, remember I was the preferred rider for a horse called Desert Orbit, and another called Dr. David, absolute beasts. Also loved the slightly newer ones which had steeplechases and even a cross country style course on it
  • Options
    edited March 2021
    Elite on the BBC B / Acorn Electron.  Stunning game.

Kick Off 2 then Sensible Soccer.
    Microprose Formula One.
    Speedball 2.
    Championship Manager.  All on the Amiga and literally took me through GCSEs, A-Levels and Uni lol.

Special mention for Brian Lara's Cricket which we spent hours playing.

Battlefield 1942, Battlefield 2 on the PC.
    CoD Modern Warfare on the XBox.

Havent played games in years but have just been gifted a Shadow Account by my brother so will be playing some online stuff with him shortly.

• Options
    sam3110 said:
    G1 Jockey.

Loved it, remember I was the preferred rider for a horse called Desert Orbit, and another called Dr. David, absolute beasts. Also loved the slightly newer ones which had steeplechases and even a cross country style course on it
    Incredible game: