Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Also, it's funny how many of us were there tonight.
    Would assume a lot of people who aren't west ham fans are doing the same whilst it's new.
    Would like to see what the attendance is like next year if they don't finish in a european place.
  • edited August 2016

Also, it's funny how many of us were there tonight.
    Would assume a lot of people who aren't west ham fans are doing the same whilst it's new.
    Would like to see what the attendance is like next year if they don't finish in a european place.

New and cheap on a Thursday night. You seen the prices for a Cat A game? Cheapest is £50 for an U16. Definitely not a family hobby there.
  • edited August 2016
    Markg2004 said:

Also, it's funny how many of us were there tonight.

New and cheap on a Thursday night. You seen the prices for a Cat A game? Cheapest is £50 for an U16. Definitely not a family hobby there.
    Crazy price. If tonight was anything to go by, even if you were a fan you wouldn't be going back at that price.
  • Judging by the absolute lack of segregation. The Tottenham game is going to be 'interesting'.
  • My mates said the segregation is ridiculous. One bloke for every 25 seats between fans and the door by the bar was left open so both set of fans could walk between.
  • My mates said the segregation is ridiculous. One bloke for every 25 seats between fans and the door by the bar was left open so both set of fans could walk between.

Probably a bit different for a league match but tonight the astra fans and west ham fans were sitting together. No segregation between them at all. It was a bit bizarre but nothing happened so I guess nice in a way.
  • No segregation tonight. I was in where the 'away' end normally is.
  • How was the view? I watched parts of the game on TV and was not impressed with West Ham.
  • 15 notes for in a seat in the gods just off the halfway line. Good value especially with the goon behind me moaning all through out the 2nd half. Left after 85 mins as its a fair old walk back to Stratford Stn. Seemed like everyone had the same idea!

My ticket said via turnstiles A or C. I enter via C, then work out I can't get to my block. Told to walk all the way around! That worked, but no chance when away fans are there.

Oh, and when they hold a London Derby or a Liverpool/Man United it will go off. The security will not cope!
  • Sponsored links:

• security had started to put the barriers up at westfield at approx. midday. I wonder who pays for that..??
  • shirty5 said:

My ticket said via turnstiles A or C. I enter via C, then work out I can't get to my block. Told to walk all the way around! That worked, but no chance when away fans are there.

Oh, and when they hold a London Derby or a Liverpool/Man United it will go off. The security will not cope!

A gent and his son I was talking too did the same at their match against Bournemouth. He said he went in opposite side of stadium to his seat and stewards opened the gate to the away fans and sent him and his young son, dressed in replica West Ham gear, through the away fans concourse to get to his seat the other side.
  • How was the view? I watched parts of the game on TV and was not impressed with West Ham.

Decent where we were but other people on this thread seemed to have had bad views, I think if you had one of the cheaper season tickets it would be a pretty grim season.
  • edited August 2016
  • Think it is quite shocking how many of you went to this, even if you are slating it now.

Tip of the iceberg.

Really ? Why ?
  • Unless it's a freebie , I'm not sure I'd bother going to watch another club when the game is on the box and even then the agg of getting to the game would mean bollox to that
    Also for me and each to their own I always feel a bit guilty at a non Charlton game , it just doesn't feel right
  • Sponsored links:

• se9addick said:

Unless it's a freebie , I'm not sure I'd bother going to watch another club when the game is on the box and even then the agg of getting to the game would mean bollox to that
    Also for me and each to their own I always feel a bit guilty at a non Charlton game , it just doesn't feel right

Fair enough, I don't see it that way though. I love Charlton, but I'm a football fan in general and love going to watch football anywhere and everywhere I can.

Every now and then I actually quite like the experience of being a at a match and just enjoying it for what it is and not being so invested the outcome.
    Would you go to watch Palace v anyone or Millwall v someone?

Just trying to gauge what sort of human you are;-)
  • se9addick said:

Unless it's a freebie , I'm not sure I'd bother going to watch another club when the game is on the box and even then the agg of getting to the game would mean bollox to that

Fair enough, I don't see it that way though. I love Charlton, but I'm a football fan in general and love going to watch football anywhere and everywhere I can.

Every now and then I actually quite like the experience of being a at a match and just enjoying it for what it is and not being so invested the outcome.
    100%. I have been visiting other grounds for years when Charlton are either not playing (international breaks/mid weeks) or can't logistically make it to an away game.

I love experiencing new grounds and first and foremost will do it with CAFC, and if that's not possible then will go to another match.

There is no guilt on my part and I don't understand why is it shocking. Charlton and football is a big part of my life. Just because I have watched another team doesn't make me any less of a supporter/customer.

Either way, for the footballing experience, the London Stadium is a crock of sh*t so for those who were maybe thinking about it we've saved you some ££!

• West ham battle all season to get into Europe and then when they get there, they rest players! Presumably because the league is more important and they want to finish as high as possible..........to get into Europe!

We're 3-4 games into the season, why do they need a rest?
  • whilst it is mildly amusing that they got knocked out, are we sure that they wont now get a discount on their rent?
  • Unless it's a freebie , I'm not sure I'd bother going to watch another club when the game is on the box and even then the agg of getting to the game would mean bollox to that

New ground syndrome. Unless we play them in the cup, I won't be heading back there.
  • That's made my day that... euuuww!!!! that's made my day... I hate you Butler... eeeeuuuwww!!!!
  • se9addick said:

Would you go to watch Palace v anyone or Millwall v someone?

Just trying to gauge what sort of human you are;-)
    No I wouldn't do that, I do have a slight sense of morality ! But other London clubs are fair game (unless Charlton are playing of course).
  • cafc999 said:

security had started to put the barriers up at westfield at approx. midday. I wonder who pays for that..??

I think it's safe to assume where West Ham are concerned, the answer to any "Who is paying for..." question is "Us".