Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• David Gold just pulled up alongside me near the stadium in his Rolla/Bentley, he looked like he did not have a care in the world so I doubt he gives a fuck.

Reg Number X GOLD X

The car is absolutely enormous, and as you can imagine behind the wheel the owner looks pretty damn smug. The reg nr is D 6OLD.
    He must have more than one personal plate, he pulled away in front of me, it was definitely X GOLD X
  • David Gold just pulled up alongside me near the stadium in his Rolla/Bentley, he looked like he did not have a care in the world so I doubt he gives a fuck.

Reg Number X GOLD X

The car is absolutely enormous, and as you can imagine behind the wheel the owner looks pretty damn smug. The reg nr is D 6OLD.
    He must have more than one personal plate, he pulled away in front of me, it was definitely X GOLD X
    I saw the D 6OLD one on a Roller with a chauffeur sitting in waiting for David, when he was at PV's 60th the other year.
  • My best mates just had his season ticket taken away with no refund cos he stood up at the first game. I laughed but it's a joke really.
  • At the West Ham game tonight - good view from these seats but I think they're some of the best, looks like vast swathes of the stadium would see very little.

£2.80 a bottle of Coke, £4.10 a pie !
  • Nice view how much were these tickets
  • I think so
  • I think it would make a nice canvass print on the wall but I'd hate being that far away watching a live game.

Maybe just spoiled/used to the The Valley views.
  • Sponsored links:

• Probably me mate not many on charlton life who agree with me
  • That's been coming. No European football would be hilarious
  • am I the only one who feels those floodlights look threatening? any moment now the stadium will transform into megatron.
  • WSS said:

I think it would make a nice canvass print on the wall but I'd hate being that far away watching a live game.

Maybe just spoiled/used to the The Valley views.

I haven't been to a game at new Wembley yet, but when I was there for the Summit in July I was in a room that looked out onto the stadium. I was pleasantly surprised how intimate and close up it looked. Like a proper football stadium. This looks much worse to me.

• clb74 said:

Nice view how much were these tickets

£20, would be way more for a prem game.
    WSS said:

Is that really a nice view?

Looks miles away.

It is to be fair, came here already to slag it off but the views decent. Atmospheres terrible and there's no pubs nearby (compounded by the fact that you can't get a beer inside as its a UEFA game).
  • I took three photos of the stadium at the Anniversary games and then found 'Google photos' had kindly stitched them all together to form this panoramic view. I was about three quarters towards the back and thought it far too distant for football.

• Oops
  • Never mind at least they're losing 0-1.

And now they've gone and lost. Gutted for Karren. All that hard work

• Something so enjoyable in watching a club who think they are bigger than they are getting humiliated. Its amazing how average they look without Payet.
  • Sponsored links:

• That's saved the taxpayers some money
  • A wonderful European night at the TaxpayerDome.
  • edited August 2016
    Who is paying for all the blokes that are cutting the grass at the moment ? I hope it's not the taxpayer
  • I imagine the Europa League matches are the one which WH would have given away to tourists and neutrals, so glad they don't have that opportunity now

• Who is paying for all the blokes that are cutting the grass at the moment ? I hope it's not the taxpayer

Of course it is. And no, they can't come round and do yours next.
  • Scrounger Utd out of Europe - Oh dear what a shame....never mind!
  • Maybe they need a new assistant CEO to work shadow Karren and to help with motivating the fans?

I believe we may have a suitable candidate available for them and can negotiate a decent transfer package.
  • I sat behind a corner, upper tier. Couldn't hear the refs whistle at all, even when quiet.

Pockets of chanting and a few whole stadium ones where stands shook (concrete upper tier).

Made improvements to cover scaffolding by adding more material banner advertisers.

I had fans around me whose seats were still covered by tarp.

All in it is a stadium for the corporate client, not the genuine fan. Thats the feel I got. All very temporary and not a 'home'.

How much the crowd control must cost is Astra-nominal (!). Not a quick set up and take down. Add that to the seating and no-one else is seriously using it during the season.

Cheap way to tick off the 92 list at a tenner mind. Cost more for a travelcard!