Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Went last night as curious to see it all, as previously pointed out they make you walk a ruddy long way when you come out of Stratford Station, no idea how they are going to stop trouble at the big games as the route is going to be hard to police. Decent enough view for my £10, but I can see the novelty of quereing to get back into Stratford (akin to Wembley) after every game wearing off quickly.
  • Went last night as curious to see it all, as previously pointed out they make you walk a ruddy long way when you come out of Stratford Station, no idea how they are going to stop trouble at the big games as the route is going to be hard to police. Decent enough view for my £10, but I can see the novelty of quereing to get back into Stratford (akin to Wembley) after every game wearing off quickly.

Everybody will just have to learn to leave early, particularly at night games

Everybody will just have to learn to leave early, particularly at night games
    Of course the real test will be when games clash with Christmas shopping and the January sales.

It'll be interesting when they play Spurs...or draw Millwall in the FA Cup! For non London away teams, have they worked out an area for away coaches to park giving an easy entrance to the away section?

Talking of which, it seems there was no segregation last night, and even on Sunday, fans were being sent through "the wrong areas" to get to their seat.
  • For all the uproar about the way west ham secured the stadium at our expense and the fear from many Charlton fans that this could entice support away and future generations of support will be lost....it's good to see so many Charlton fans making a stand and not lining the pockets of west ham.

Oh wait, no, it seems there's more Charlton going to East London than will be at The Valley next!

Cheeky scamp. Ain't you got a match ball to sell?
  • For all the uproar about the way west ham secured the stadium at our expense and the fear from many Charlton fans that this could entice support away and future generations of support will be lost....it's good to see so many Charlton fans making a stand and not lining the pockets of west ham.

Oh wait, no, it seems there's more Charlton going to East London than will be at The Valley next!

Cheeky scamp. Ain't you got a match ball to sell?
    Wouldn't sell a match ball. Great piece of memorabilia
  • I think I read a recent story about a Millwall supporter being taken to task for stealing the match ball.
    I actually thought it was a shame.
    If the ball goes into the crowd it seems like fair game, even though it is wrong.
    SLL, was that you? Trying to add to your memorabilia collection?
  • Sponsored links:

• Surely there is a simple way to divert fans away and secure the security of Westfield Shopping Centre.

West Ham only need to ask for the line to be extended and their own station built adjacent to the ground’s entrance. To encourage them to put in the request, the station could be decked out in claret and blue and incorporate a statue of the three West Ham heroes Gold, Sullivan and Brady.

I mean, we taxpayers may as well finish the job properly, now we’ve started.

Harsh...but funny

• edited August 2016
    WSS said:

For all the uproar about the way west ham secured the stadium at our expense and the fear from many Charlton fans that this could entice support away and future generations of support will be lost....it's good to see so many Charlton fans making a stand and not lining the pockets of west ham.

Harsh...but funny

And true.

Can't believe the number on here saying they've been.

Hoping it's a one off.
    Of course it is.
    There may be those casual fans that are tempted by it but none of those that post on here fall into that category.

Paid a negligible amount to go and see what a stadium I've already been to is like as a football ground and I'm not going to be going again unless Charlton play there. Don't see the problem really.
  • http://www.whufc.com/News/Articles/2016/August/20-August/Be-an-extra-at-the-Boleyn!

It turns out that the final event at Upton Park wasn't the emotional match at the end of last season...but a Pierce Brosnan movie!

Starring Pierce Brosnan and Dave Bautista, the action movie centres around a group of heavily-armed criminals holding a sports stadium to ransom – and it’s down to an ex-soldier to use all his military skills to save a crowd of 35,000.

We done some if the set up there for that
  • WSS said:

For all the uproar about the way west ham secured the stadium at our expense and the fear from many Charlton fans that this could entice support away and future generations of support will be lost....it's good to see so many Charlton fans making a stand and not lining the pockets of west ham.

Harsh...but funny

And true.

Hoping it's a one off.
    Of course it is.
    There may be those casual fans that are tempted by it but none of those that post on here fall into that category.
    Thursday night would have attracted a few members of the "92" club as well, as a one off!
  • edited August 2016

I would like to gently remind SLL that only one Supporters Trust in London failed to join the Olympic Stadium Coalition.

But, as I said to the Information Tribunal judges, given that it was Millwall, it was probably simply due to reading and writing issues.

Gently remind me? You bring it up quite often.

For many Millwall fans, we know the move is the death of west ham as the club they were.

What is the actual cost per taxpayer of this move for west ham? It may prove to be quite a bargain to see their 'proper' fans being disenfranchised and leave them in their droves.
  • WSS said:

Harsh...but funny

And true.

Hoping it's a one off.
    Of course it is.

Paid a negligible amount to go and see what a stadium I've already been to is like as a football ground and I'm not going to be going again unless Charlton play there. Don't see the problem really.
    You do reside in Yorkshire, so nothing you Yorks lot do makes sense.
  • WSS said:

Harsh...but funny

And true.

Hoping it's a one off.
    Of course it is.

You do reside in Yorkshire, so nothing you Yorks lot do makes sense.
    No I don't. I live in London.
  • Sponsored links:

• Can't believe the number on here saying they've been.
    Hoping it's a one off.

Getting the same reaction to ppl actually going to Charlton games these days....

• By the way, this is the stroppy lawyer that turned up at our session at the Supporters Summit. Despite being very garrulous,proclaiming that he "was born in Poplar, but now lives in Hampstead" he steadfastly maintained that he is not a supporter of any club. Yet he only attended our session. Given his doubtless self-penned but glowing write up, why would such a lawyer give up his Saturday, unpaid, for such a mundane event?

He took a rather unhealthy interest in the WestHam female fan who is their most well known opponent of that regime, although she is a right East End ally cat, and didn't need me to look after her. She told me she is sure he works for Gullivan. With me he tried to sound as if he doesn't like the Gullivan regime either, alluding to the Brady /Sullivan/snooker table story and claiming that she met them when she was 17, not 21 as widely asserted. But I think he was just trying to draw me in.

Has anyone by chance come across him?
  • I haven't but that's a pretty awful wig he has there
  • By the way, this is the stroppy lawyer that turned up at our session at the Supporters Summit. Despite being very garrulous,proclaiming that he "was born in Poplar, but now lives in Hampstead" he steadfastly maintained that he is not a supporter of any club. Yet he only attended our session. Given his doubtless self-penned but glowing write up, why would such a lawyer give up his Saturday, unpaid, for such a mundane event?

He took a rather unhealthy interest in the WestHam female fan who is their most well known opponent of that regime, although she is a right East End ally cat, and didn't need me to look after her. She told me she is sure he works for Gullivan. With me he tried to sound as if he doesn't like the Gullivan regime either, alluding to the Brady /Sullivan/snooker table story and claiming that she met them when she was 17, not 21 as widely asserted. But I think he was just trying to draw me in.

He seems a right prick. So iron through and through methinks.

No. But there's a lawyer called Harry Potter at his chambers, so be careful if he starts waving his wand about.
  • Don't know him @PragueAddick as I deal with law firms rather than barrister sets. Just watched his law in sport interview. Don't think I would ever want to be in his company. And he certainly didn't get that voice in Poplar!! One comment about representing di Canio does make me think he's an Iron though.
  • TelMc32 said:

Don't know him @PragueAddick as I deal with law firms rather than barrister sets. Just watched his law in sport interview. Don't think I would ever want to be in his company. And he certainly didn't get that voice in Poplar!! One comment about representing di Canio does make me think he's an Iron though.

Could be a Wendy, when PDC pushed the ref over.
  • TelMc32 said:

Don't know him @PragueAddick as I deal with law firms rather than barrister sets. Just watched his law in sport interview. Don't think I would ever want to be in his company. And he certainly didn't get that voice in Poplar!! One comment about representing di Canio does make me think he's an Iron though.

Could be a Wendy, when PDC pushed the ref over.
    He's a Londoner all right, and if he was a Wendy, why hide it on the day?

He could of course just be a ****.