Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• On the radio the other day ( Talksport I think) they kept referring to it as The London Stadium, is that what's it's called now?

Wasn't The New Den initially referred to by their commercial people as The New London Stadium?
    Toilet kaf

New London Toilet
  • It is (credit GHF of this parish) The Taxpayers Stadium.

• Take a look at Mike Gapes (@MikeGapes): https://twitter.com/MikeGapes?s=09

I have no idea who he is but do we think Mr Gapes pays for his ST?
  • Yep Mike does pay for his ST, and he's shed some weight recently
  • edited August 2016
    I should imagine it's a bit of a mare getting away. 57,000 people either heading back to Stratford or their cars. It might be a bit like Brighton. They'll put up with it for a couple of years and if the team's doing well, but when they start to falter, the crowds may decline in years to come.

Parking
    There is no parking available at London Stadium and parking restrictions will be in place and enforced in the local area.
    Read more at http://www.whufc.com/New-Stadium/Visiting-London-Stadium#1ZfEcGyUucDoDjz8.99
  • Sponsored links:

• So there's a competition to have the biggest stadium capacity. They are all still well short of 75031.
  • Badger said:

The prices for food and drinks are high, the food portions are small, wonder how many chips they get with the fish.

Pie,mash and parsley sauce is £14.00

What, single pie single mash?
  • Badger said:

The prices for food and drinks are high, the food portions are small, wonder how many chips they get with the fish.

What no liquour.
  • Badger said:

What no liquour.
    Liquor goes without saying I'm just shocked if that is single pie single mash for £14! I
  • When was it decided that it would be called the London stadium? That's some Olympic legacy.
  • edited August 2016

When was it decided that it would be called the London stadium? That's some Olympic legacy.

Wonder if it will last as long as the London Arena did ?
  • Sponsored links:

• When was it decided that it would be called the London stadium? That's some Olympic legacy.

I belive it is just temporary until the deal is signed and it becomes the Tesco Stadium. Or something equally crass.

• I'm sure the IOC would want their substantial pound of flesh to keep any Olympics related name.
  • Probably trying to get rid of the East End bit of their history as quickly as possible.
  • All about the Tories, looking after themselves.
  • The issue was never Imo West hams it was a political issue with dodgy dealings

Their stadium Imo looks quality they have filled it far more than we would have

We would have taken the deal on offer

Some sound very bitter and jealous

Looks nice but too far from the pitch for me.And regarding us not filling it as much as them,of course not at the moment.But if we were established prem side we wouldn't be far short IMO.
  • On the radio the other day ( Talksport I think) they kept referring to it as The London Stadium, is that what's it's called now?

Indeed it is. West ham's new badge also has "West Ham United" at the top and "London" at the bottom. Presume that will get more money for Gullivan, when they sell.

I went yesterday, as a season ticket holder at work, was on holiday. They were pushing the "London Stadium Tour". I wonder, who gets the money raised from that?

I hadn't been to the stadium before, so can't compare what it is like now, against what it was before, but the West Ham branding is everywhere and looks to be "permanent". There is no way they could "take it down" and "put it back up" again, a day either side of a game. I guess if anyone goes to the next non-football event there, we will see how much gets taken down.

The "Bobby Moore" and "Trevor Broking" Stands were clearly labelled, at each end.

I was in the middle of the upper tier and thought it was way too far from the pitch (I sit in the Covered End, Lower Tier). Lots of people talking about swapping seats, but, how do you do that, if it is sold out and no one wants to move further back? Atmosphere was rubbish. The only noise generated when "Bubbles" was sang at the beginning of each half (and I think this may have been assisted by the tannoy system) and when they scored. Rubbish game though, which didn't help.

I wouldn't pay to go and see a game there but might return, if his freebie ticket is available again.
    WH could be prevented from stealing a march here if every London team added ‘London’ to the badge. Not just Chelsea, Spurs and Arsenal, but the likes of Tooting and Mitcham, Wingate and Finchley, Welling and AFC Hornchurch.

Soh or just bitter and twisted? I’m not even sure myself!
    I think that's a great idea, and if we accept that pro football is a business, as the Baroness (small business champion) would doubtless assert, then this would be an entirely rational reaction by business competitors. I'm going to mention this to the other Trusts. You never know, this idea could run...

You just know our current SMT would balls it up and we'd end up with Luton at the bottom of our badge.
    Liège
  • David Gold just pulled up alongside me near the stadium in his Rolla/Bentley, he looked like he did not have a care in the world so I doubt he gives a fuck.

Reg Number X GOLD X
  • David Gold just pulled up alongside me near the stadium in his Rolla/Bentley, he looked like he did not have a care in the world so I doubt he gives a fuck.

Reg Number X GOLD X

The car is absolutely enormous, and as you can imagine behind the wheel the owner looks pretty damn smug. The reg nr is D 6OLD.