Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Sold out for the Juve game and PL games apparently.
  • To quote, "The corridors of the Olympic Stadium have been given a makeover in the claret and blue colours of their new owners"

There you have it, as far as outsiders are concerned West Ham own that ground, not bad for £15m!

Shocking bit of carpet laying, they certainly never spent their money on a decent fitter.
  • They couldn't sell out for their first game and it's not even on TV. Doubt they'd have filled past the bottom tier if it was on the box.

I think they will settle for the 54k that were there.
  • To quote, "The corridors of the Olympic Stadium have been given a makeover in the claret and blue colours of their new owners"

There you have it, as far as outsiders are concerned West Ham own that ground, not bad for £15m!

Shocking bit of carpet laying, they certainly never spent their money on a decent fitter.
    corrected that for you

• It seems that WHU's part in this appalling charade is merely one issue of several major budding scandals. The two articles present a timely perspective on what has been a serial dereliction of duty on a spectacular, indeed horrific scale. That East London must wait maybe until the 2030s for the alleged benefits, whilst the work done so far has concentrated on a few high-end projects, shows where the true priorities have lain.

• Great sense of perspective by Sir Simon Jenkins, (respected authority on architecture) re the West Ham quarter billion pound sweetener.

For this sort of money every local library, museum and concert hall in London could be restored. The London Legacy Development Corporation [LLDC, which oversees the park] is drunk on public money.’
  • Sponsored links:

• edited August 2016
    Prague can't say it but if it looks like a turd and smells like a turd, that is what it is. We al knew FIFA was corrupt for years but it took time to come out. We can see corruption because the deal is too good to be anything else. Proving it is harder, but knowing it happened encourages journos to dig. And that is why they are digging. I would love to have a lie detector wired to Boris. He has secured wealthy backers through money laundering public funds!

Of course it is not the fault of West Ham fans.
  • Great sense of perspective by Sir Simon Jenkins, (respected authority on architecture) re the West Ham quarter billion pound sweetener.

For this sort of money every local library, museum and concert hall in London could be restored. The London Legacy Development Corporation [LLDC, which oversees the park] is drunk on public money.’

Simon Jenkins is permanently stuck up his own enobled bach passage and has no respect outside of the wittering classes BUT i find myself agreeing with his points here...
  • Are Bournemouth the home team? Can hear their fans loud and clear. West Ham - no atmosphere whatsoever. West Ham Dons.
  • 57,000 though :-(
  • edited August 2016
    Is it full of Athletics fans who have turned up on the wrong day?
  • So much for West ham not filling the ground
  • Sad to say the ground looks great.
  • Come on Bournemouth
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Are Bournemouth the home team? Can hear their fans loud and clear. West Ham - no atmosphere whatsoever. West Ham Dons.

Karen Brady wanted the club to be renamed West Ham Olympic. The club has been taken out of the community and been dumped near a shopping complex at the tax payers expense.
  • They are no longer a club to respected - they have earned the hatred of all decent football supporters - they are the Premiership MK Dons! They can have success but it is meaningless if you can't do it the right way. Shame on them.
  • Sponsored links:

• They are no longer a club to respected - they have earned the hatred of all decent football supporters - they are the Premiership MK Dons! They can have success but it is meaningless if you can't do it the right way. Shame on them.

Yeah bet thiers gutted
  • it is a piss poor atmosphere. like a England friendly at Wembley. have to wait and see when a London team arrives to find out if they really have lost all soul in their support.
  • Come on guys, I hate what has gone on here just as much as the next man. But coming out with stuff like there's no atmosphere, just a ground dumped near a shopping centre etc just reeks of (perfectly understandable) sour grapes.

Surely the reality is you can see the dangers that this ground - which looks pretty spectacular to me and is filled to capacity - is to us. For the floating fan - no Charlton fan worth his salt would do this! - an afternoon there looks far more an attractive proposition than a visit to the Valley at the moment. If we are not careful, we could lose another generation.

The only thing I would say is the fans seem an awfully long way away from the pitch. Hopefully that might take some of the fun out of going there.
  • 'Is this the Emirates?' I think that may become a regular.
  • Tutt-Tutt said:

Are Bournemouth the home team? Can hear their fans loud and clear. West Ham - no atmosphere whatsoever. West Ham Dons.

Unlike the fantastic atmosphere at the valley these days.
  • edited August 2016

Come on guys, I hate what has gone on here just as much as the next man. But coming out with stuff like there's no atmosphere, just a ground dumped near a shopping centre etc just reeks of (perfectly understandable) sour grapes.

Surely the reality is you can see the dangers that this ground - which looks pretty spectacular to me and is filled to capacity - is to us. For the floating fan - no Charlton fan worth his salt would do this! - an afternoon there looks far more an attractive proposition than a visit to the Valley at the moment. If we are not careful, we could lose another generation.

The only thing I would say is the fans seem an awfully long way away from the pitch. Hopefully that might take some of the fun out of going there.

the fans are far from the pitch but if the atmosphere continues as it is then that would also take the fun out of going.

we'll probably end up with a load of west ham fans coming down the valley for a more old fashioned feel to the game. (not like our atmospheres brilliant but where else would they go near by?)
    then if our fans do anything wrong we know who to blame...
  • edited August 2016
    uncle said:

Tutt-Tutt said:

Unlike the fantastic atmosphere at the valley these days.
    You say that but the Northampton game (especially 2nd half) and most of the Tuesday game had lots of singing which made for a great atmosphere better then most of last season.
  • That's the quietest I've ever heard Bubbles sang. It sounds like the fans are still at Upton Park.