Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• Still more believable then cafc.co.uk
  • I see West Ham have released photos of their shiny new Club London lounge, etc.

I'm so pleased for them and have no problem with my taxes being used to subsidise such wonderful, innovative, inspirational installations as...

Not a patch on Bartrams.

• Those booths looked badly designed. You will be touching knees with the person opposite.
  • Why the 4-2 on the wall. Could it be that world cup win again?
  • Why the 4-2 on the wall. Could it be that world cup win again?

It's describing the seating. They look like they should seat 4 people, but in reality you'll only ever fit 2 in there before you run out of leg/foot room
    They should get the taxpayers to sort that out
  • edited June 2016
    Curb_It said:

Those booths looked badly designed. You will be touching knees with the person opposite.

I can just imagine the riot that would have ensued had something like "touching knees" ever happened in The Queens!!!

Maybe New WHam Man has arrived!! :smile:
  • Sponsored links:

• I'm there for the Anniversary Games, in the posh seats, so will report back once the prawn sandwiches have been finished
  • Feels very much like their stadium. They should have the name of every London taxpayer up there of course. They are not even grateful for the unpecidented gift that has ben corruptly given to them. Apparently it was all built by their fans! Disgusting!
  • Why the surprise? Until/unless they leave the stadium of course they'll brand it in the image they have of themselves. The issue isn't that but how it's paid for and that hasn't gone away.
  • Sponsored links:

• vffvff
    edited June 2016
    Genuine & unblinkered WHU supporters should be concerned that any success that they achieve from here in will be tainted by this dodgy & shoddy stadium deal.

Where is the glory in winning a fixed race or a card game with a stacked deck ?
  • Will the taxpayer have to pay for a rebranding when West Ham decide to play down 1966 after an England team full of Tottenham players wins the 2018 World Cup with Kane scoring a hattrick in the final?
  • edited June 2016
    remember this from 2011? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010749/West-Ham-legal-action-corruption-claims-involving-Olympic-stadium.html

This whole thing has stunk from the very begining. We all knew FIFA was corrupt ant were outraged - why are West Ham getting such an easy ride?
  • remember this from 2011? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010749/West-Ham-legal-action-corruption-claims-involving-Olympic-stadium.html

This whole thing has stunk from the very begining. We all knew FIFA was corrupt ant were outraged - why are West Ham getting such an easy ride?

That link opens, but i don't get any content from it. I'm very interested, can you check the link?

• remember this from 2011? http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2010749/West-Ham-legal-action-corruption-claims-involving-Olympic-stadium.html

That link opens, but i don't get any content from it. I'm very interested, can you check the link?

Prague, the link works fine, think someone is stopping you from digging up more dirt on them.

Prague, the link works fine, think someone is stopping you from digging up more dirt on them.
    Switched to Chrome and got it. Spurs-inspired stuff, so damaged goods unfortunately.
  • "Finally, four clubs, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Athletic Bilbao and Atletico Osasuna, benefited from a lower corporate tax rate for more than 20 years, paying 25 percent rather than a 30 percent norm for sports firms. The four would each pay back up to 5 million euros, the Commission estimated."

So an extra 5% of their corporate tax bill for 20 years adds up to less than 5 million euros? Don't pay much tax do they!!
  • Hopefully, this is something the Commissioner can repeat soon...

"Using taxpayers' money to finance professional football clubs can create unfair competition," Competition Commissioner Margrethe Vestager said in a statement.

"Professional football is a commercial activity with significant money involved and public money must comply with fair competition rules."

The cases against all the Dutch clubs was dropped though, saying they were within the rules. Hope Gullivan & Brady aren't able to wriggle their way out!