Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• I honestly believe there has been corruption here - there is no other conclusion to draw when you look at the facts. It feels nowadays that people don't have the appetite for anything remotely complex, that is how you can get away with it.

Reeks of it.
  • I honestly believe there has been corruption here - there is no other conclusion to draw when you look at the facts. It feels nowadays that people don't have the appetite for anything remotely complex, that is how you can get away with it.

Reeks of it.
    I'd be amazed if anyone doesn't think there's corruption involved. Proving it is another matter, sadly.

• Like FIFA - but unlike them, West Ham and others have had an easy ride with the press! So far!
  • http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/news/west-hams-shiny-new-home-8024918

Problems already?
    It's not even that it won't be ready, just that it clashes with an athletics event.
  • Don't shoot the messenger but a West Ham supporting friend has told me there's strong rumours their first Europa league game will be at the valley
  • Cheers for agreeing to that Katrien.
  • They probably got something in the contract that allows to them to sue LDDC if the ground isn't available.
  • Sponsored links:

• jams said:

Don't shoot the messenger but a West Ham supporting friend has told me there's strong rumours their first Europa league game will be at the valley

I was thinking the same.
    I'm not sure if Chelsea, Tottenham or Arsenal would let them use their ground so close to the season and it would cost West Ham a lot to do so.
    We have a bigger capacity than the nigels and the biggest of any London team outside the premier league so it would really make sense.

Although they may try and use Wembley but again it'd cost them.
  • jams said:

Don't shoot the messenger but a West Ham supporting friend has told me there's strong rumours their first Europa league game will be at the valley

But where will they put their 55k loyal season ticket holders that will definitely want to turn up to that match? The Valley only holds 27k...
    Bit of a no-brainer, really. It'd be embarrassing for them to use WHL, Orient too small. But there's probably a clause in the contract that means Newham Council have to shut 5 libraries to pay for them to hire Wembley.

• Maybe we could protest in the West Stand car park.
  • edited May 2016
    Rizzo said:

I honestly believe there has been corruption here - there is no other conclusion to draw when you look at the facts. It feels nowadays that people don't have the appetite for anything remotely complex, that is how you can get away with it.

Reeks of it.
    I'd be amazed if anyone doesn't think there's corruption involved. Proving it is another matter, sadly.

It's hard to get away with the financial corruption that used to exist in the days of corrupt architect John Poulson, although I've no doubt it still exists in local councils. But there are still networks of pals and favours, and you can see this in a lot of "regeneration" schemes, not least in this part of the world - councillors might back something to because they hope it secures them a nice little earner later in life. It's definitely blighting London life, from councils up to City Hall and beyond, where deals are struck beyond closed doors and politicians keep defending them even when those deals are revealed to have terrible. There's a lovely line in this column about the Garden Bridge, one of Johnson's other obviously-bent-but-nobody-will-say-it schemes - the bridge is being a symbol of a "chumocracy". I think this applies to the Olympic Stadium affair too.
  • In a way I hope it's true - be good to protest at a European game!
  • West Ham Dons. They'll play anywhere. Its all about the money.
  • The Valley would be a great choice, wouldn't it CARD?

• No announcement yet of our home psfs - are we holding back possibly to accommodate WHU ?
  • Sponsored links:

• edited May 2016
  • Innovative Marketing though, I bet the taxpayer spent a fortune deciding upon that name.....
  • jams said:

What will the West Ham faithful make of the body searches, amnesty bins and netting behind the North Stand goal?
  • TelMc32 said:

Apparently, only an hour from EVERY London airport...except when you scroll down and see it's 1hr 40 mins from Heathrow and 1hr 20 from Gatwick!!

http://www.london-stadium.com/plan-your-visit/gettinghere

Perhaps Boris has been helping with the website. He's free and easy with his lies on any sort of figures!!

Ryan Air were used to do the timing calculations.
  • mogodon said:

jams said:

What will the West Ham faithful make of the body searches, amnesty bins and netting behind the North Stand goal?
    Leave your World Cups at the door.