Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.

Olympic Stadium; our day in court

Comments

• £272m return on a £12.5k investment ain't too shabby if you're a WHU shareholder.
  • Just got a Whats App from the OSC, and it seems the story is genuine, Doug from Orient has sent a snap of the article which claims the info has come from the Electoral Commission. Should get a link at some point, and will post it if no one else does. Interesting...

Of course it's genuine @PragueAddick I'm surprised you've questioned my sources ;-)

It was page 7 of today's i which is the source for the other parody piece.
  • It is the tip of the iceberg - actually no point in West Ham making such a small donation so there must be a dodgy motive. Maybe to test the water. I'm sure greater donations will be forthcoming from the owners and I would love to know how much Boris gets in the future! You scratch my back!!!!!
  • Just got a Whats App from the OSC, and it seems the story is genuine, Doug from Orient has sent a snap of the article which claims the info has come from the Electoral Commission. Should get a link at some point, and will post it if no one else does. Interesting...

Of course it's genuine @PragueAddick I'm surprised you've questioned my sources ;-)

Sorry mate, yes we have identified it, but are all a bit puzzled - and wary - that it isn't online anywhere

Sorry mate, yes we have identified it, but are all a bit puzzled - and wary - that it isn't online anywhere

i doesn't have an online version I believe. Had a look earlier and it only comes up as a subscription needed app.
  • edited May 2016
    Not just the Conservatives also the Unionist Party. £3k under the cash limit for money laundering regulations.
  • Not just the Conservatives also the Unionist Party. £3k under the cash limit for money laundering regulations.

They're the same thing G...it's the full title of the Tory Party!
  • Sponsored links:

• TelMc32 said:

Not just the Conservatives also the Unionist Party. £3k under the cash limit for money laundering regulations.

They're the same thing G...it's the full title of the Tory Party!
    Shows how much I know about the Tory Party!
  • The irony of all this is that ultimately any hope of getting a more transparent picture of what our politicians did or didn't do in this sorry story probably lays with the EU, something politicians like Boris for instance want us to vote to leave.

If I thought the party actually took any notice of its members, or any that didn't go to Eton, I might just join the Conservative party just to vote against him.
  • edited May 2016
    Don't worry @PragueAddick the Tax Payers Alliance are on the case now:

telegraph.co.uk/football/2016/05/27/west-hams-12500-donation-to-the-conservative-party-raises-seriou/

...better late than never I suppose.
  • ...not universally popular with Hammers either it seems. I await their supporters demanding an explanation from Lady Brady et al with baited breath...

kumb.com/story.php?id=129884
  • vffvff
    edited May 2016
  • http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36404799?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Spurs get Wembley for next season's Champion's League games with an option for league fixtures the following year.
  • I just don't want

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36404799?ns_mchannel=social&ns_campaign=bbc_match_of_the_day&ns_source=facebook&ns_linkname=sport

Spurs get Wembley for next season's Champion's League games with an option for league fixtures the following year.

Well, in the interest of fairness I hope we'll see a nice big coq erected outside Wembley at our expense !
  • According to some posts on Facebook I've seen recently, it's all Charlton fans that are bitter about this West Ham move. It's also bad of us to complain when West Ham let us rent their ground during our exile days.

Can't see how we are the villains in this however thanks to Prague's tremendous work in getting the FOI etc, everyone can see the truth. If only those West Ham fans wanted to see it.
  • Sponsored links:

• Having a quiet day here in deepest, darkest, East Sussex so have been catching up with some neglected threads.

Although most of this ( OK- all of this!) goes miles & miles above my snowy white bonce, I'd like to say well done , PA, for all the work you're doing on behalf of Addicks, taxpayers and all good, honest men/women out there.

You really are a credit to our suffering club and I'm sure will one day get your reward.

Thank you most sincerely.

• Why would any privately owned store be a valid recipient of public funds. The sole purpose of a store is to sell stuff, if they can't sell enough stuff to cover running costs then hard luck. Even charity shops don't receive public funds to subsidise their running costs.
  • Is there a petition i can sign?
  • Got to be a joke. Make you wonder if other clubs do the same thing and get it.
  • IA said:

I'm not sure. These other headlines look legitimate

Police search for missing mum who hasn't posted on Facebook for 15 minutes
    Southend cake-making mum declares war on the best in the business
    Public told to remain calm after 50 piranhas accidentally released into Prittle Brook
    London Tube and bus fares scrapped from January 2017
    Canvey Island to hold referendum about leaving Essex to join Kent
    Crowd gathers in Southend Argos to watch order counter reset to 001
    It's highly likely a lot of people in Essex would probably believe all of that.
  • I see West Ham have released photos of their shiny new Club London lounge, etc.

I'm so pleased for them and have no problem with my taxes being used to subsidise such wonderful, innovative, inspirational installations as...