Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

Comments

• Options

Addickted said:

The fact remains though that the club ordered a perfectly non-offensive flag to be removed.

Banners are not allowed to cover advertising hoardings. It was.

They asked Josh to remove it. He did, then put it back up again. His decision to ignore advice given by the Stewards.

what about if a banner was spread across empty seats?
    But it wasn't.

• Options
    Seeing as I was one of the first to put this on Charlton Life, I feel I should apologise.
    I took the Facebook post at face value.
    I believed a Charlton Athletic supporter.
    I also watched the video shown, and obviously I was wrong.
    I now realise the error of my ways.

I now fully realise my mistake, and would like to apologise unreservedly to CAFC and all their staff.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    aliwibble said:

aliwibble said:

So they completely exaggerated/made up bits of what happened, and in fact it was the son being rude to the steward that was the worst part of the whole thing.

Classy.

Oh come on, don't be daft. Do a bit of reading between the lines here.
    Why? A complete U turn on what we were lead to believe.

The steward didn't aggressively throw anyone out.
    The steward didn't punch a lady in the head.
    The bloke in question, Josh, abused the steward.

If the stewards are in the wrong I would be the first to encourage going after them for whatever they have done. But to simply make stuff up to make them sound bad is pretty low.

Anyway, it's happened, everyone's apologised. Moving on.
    If you compare the statement to Gwen's original comment here (http://forum.charltonlife.com/discussion/comment/2383145/#Comment_2383145), it's not remotely a complete U-turn.

1) Gwen's initial description gave the impression he was taken out mob-handed, which appears not to have been the case from the statement. However, if the whole process was as calm and controlled as they seem to be making out, how did the steward manage to whackknock her in the face? And at least one person here says they saw the steward grab Josh, not just place an arm on his shoulder.

2) Gwen never said she was punched in the face, she said she was hit in the face. The statement casts it as being knocked in the face, but that isn't inconsistent with what she said, just sounds less dramatic.

3) Gwen said Josh called the steward a jobsworth, which might be considered being verbally abusive, so again, not inconsistent with the statement but hardly the worst thing in the world.

This has all the hallmarks of "sign this interpretation of events that stops the club looking bad, and you can have your season ticket back". Hence the no further comment from Gwen and Josh.
    There's no relationship between the statement and Josh's season ticket being returned, and there wouldn't be. I know we like a conspiracy theory, but there genuinely is nothing to see here.

Gwen felt it was important to provide an update to her previous comment having watched the CCTV and discussed it with the club, in large part because of how people on here and particularly on Facebook had got a bit carried away with what she'd said.

Mick's tweet is aimed at a particular individual crossing swords with him on this matter, not at Gwen/Josh. Let's not forget he does have to handle the fallout of incidents like this. Probably best for everyone just to move on now.

For reference, Charlton recently provided these guidelines to the FSF with regards to the use of banners at the ground, questions asked are at the top of the page.
  • Options

Seeing as I was one of the first to put this on Charlton Life, I feel I should apologise.

I now fully realise my mistake, and would like to apologise unreservedly to CAFC and all their staff.

We've been through this - Stewards aren't staff

Facebook is often / mostly full of shite
    The CAFC supporter was mistaken / a bit dramatic and being fuelled by Facebook (which is often / mostly full of shite)
    You were wrong as you say but I guess you were looking for the worst and saw it, like lots of people
    Good of you to man up
  • Options
    PL54 said:

We've been through this - Stewards aren't staff

Facebook is often / mostly full of shite
    The CAFC supporter was mistaken / a bit dramatic and being fuelled by Facebook (which is often / mostly full of shite)
    You were wrong as you say but I guess you were looking for the worst and saw it, like lots of people
    Good of you to man up
    Words not often used, but @PL54 hits the nail on the head. It's understandable, but the event wasn't worth the drama.
  • Options
    Hmmmm...I think Sparrow's Lane Lion has nailed this one to be honest.
  • Options
    Cuff said:

Hmmmm...I think Sparrow's Lane Lion has nailed this one to be honest.

Think what you like, doesn't make it true.
  • Options
    Thanks for that. I retain a healthy scepticism about Charlton these days.
  • Options
    It's not the first time these set of stewards (Rightly or wrongly) have been involved "in a incident" with home fans. It won't be the last time in my opinion.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Addickted said:

Addickted said:

The fact remains though that the club ordered a perfectly non-offensive flag to be removed.

Banners are not allowed to cover advertising hoardings. It was.

They asked Josh to remove it. He did, then put it back up again. His decision to ignore advice given by the Stewards.

what about if a banner was spread across empty seats?
    But it wasn't.

But if it was? Be clear. Was it removed for the message or because it was covering advertising hoardings?
  • Options
    the advertising hoardings bit is crap, we know why it was moved - if the same banner was over empty seats it would be moved
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    The club never admit they were wrong, these meetings are always held & the outcome is always the club acted properly & the customer involved made a mistake - this incident is a massive U-Turn, not sure how Gwen & her Son could get something totally wrong - we all make mistakes with a story in the heat of the moment but to get the context totally wrong, I don't think so.

And why couldn't Gwen come on here and post that message???

Also interesting to see that the those with something to lose or with contacts inside the club are backing the club on this matter
  • Options
    shirty5 said:

It's not the first time these set of stewards (Rightly or wrongly) have been involved "in a incident" with home fans. It won't be the last time in my opinion.

And then we punch the fukas straight in the face
  • Options
    vffvff
    edited February 2016
    Important to examine the actions of the stewards, it is important to ensure proportionate & non heavy handed future responses to ongoing protest actions in the ground.
  • Options
    Naughty customers
  • Options
    Also, the club have previous for not looking out for the home customers:

Millwall fans in the home ends, identified by Charlton customers as Millwall, Charlton customers ejected.

Arrangements after Millwall games.

Bournemouth tickets for the West Stand then the voucher shambles that followed.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    He is very aggressive on there! Pretty bad for someone in his position and doesn't give me any faith that he takes peoples complaints seriously
  • Options
    Happy to oblige NLA - where do you sit? :wink:
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

That's just further annoyed me, that's the second tweet that's been posted on this thread by Mick. I defended the last one, but this one just paints a picture of him being a bell-end - what good is posting that going to do?

It's his personal account, and he has a disclaimer about the views being his. Yet he still posts in a provocative way that only acts to put fuel on the fire. Very poor judgement, and he should be rising above it.
    Just one of Miere's bully boys, who like her get upset when we misunderstand how great Roland us.