Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

Comments

• Options

rikofold said:

Happy to oblige NLA - where do you sit? :wink:

At home : - )
    Not for the next one mate
  • Options

rikofold said:

Feck me, I'll get the red carpet out : - )
  • Options
    edited February 2016

rikofold said:

Feck me, I'll get the red carpet out : - )
    Dunno if cahone will let you lay it in there Henners but I will take a roll of it to put him in the boot of my car
  • Options

kentred2 said:

LuckyReds said:

That's just further annoyed me, that's the second tweet that's been posted on this thread by Mick. I defended the last one, but this one just paints a picture of him being a bell-end - what good is posting that going to do?

It's his personal account, and he has a disclaimer about the views being his. Yet he still posts in a provocative way that only acts to put fuel on the fire. Very poor judgement, and he should be rising above it.
    Just one of Miere's bully boys, who like her get upset when we misunderstand how great Roland us.
    You really do talk out of your arse
    Well thank you. I think you are a bit of an arrogant knob too.

Another example is the ticket lady who got quite frantic defending Miere. Miere obviously gets her staff on her side.
  • Options

se9addick said:

Poor @rikofold must be exhausted, supporters trust, valley gold and now spokesman for the Gower family !

Not sure any of this paints any one in a good light, I don't think Gwen's original statement has been "misinterpreted" by supported as such, she clearly intimated that the steward(s) were the aggressor and they'd been dealt with harshly. Taking those words at face value many fans were upset and some got carried away. Now the club feel vindicated because the story has been clarified by Gwen there's a senior member of staff looking to play "I told you so" with some supporters on Twitter.

After taking a lot of abuse on twitter, here and elsewhere I think Mick was entitled to give a bit back.

The only tweet that went too far IMHO was the one about some people thinking the banner was offensive and even there he doesn't say that is his view.

I'm biased as I've known Mick for a long time but I know he is Charlton through and through, loves the club and does whatever he can to be reasonable with fans when they are reasonable with him. HE IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
    Fully agree ... I've had to ask Mick for assistance on a couple of occasions for CAFC-related issues and he is first class.
  • Options
    He's doing a good impersonation of the "enemy" though. Using personal social media in these circumstances is pretty daft imho. He should let the club respond officially- maybe by him- but not let it become personal. Which he obviously has.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    I'm sure he is a top bloke and does have Charlton at his heart, but I do feel he would've been better served rising above any of the tweets that came his way. I just think it risks spreading fuel on fire, not something we need at the moment when relations are already tense between the supporters and the club.

FWIW, if he has been getting a tough time then fair play to him - but based on an entirely neutral view point (I don't know the guy, nor have I met him or had any dealings with him) the tone of those tweets were provocative and not really constructive at the moment.

In hindsight, perhaps saying it made him look like a bellend was a bit strong though.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    LuckyReds said:

I'm sure he is a top bloke and does have Charlton at his heart, but I do feel he would've been better served rising above any of the tweets that came his way. I just think it risks spreading fuel on fire, not something we need at the moment when relations are already tense between the supporters and the club.

FWIW, if he has been getting a tough time then fair play to him - but based on an entirely neutral view point (I don't know the guy, nor have I met him or had any dealings with him) the tone of those tweets were provocative and not really constructive at the moment.

In hindsight, perhaps saying it made him look like a bellend was a bit strong though.

Oh in the bellend stakes the bloke that initiated it by responding to Louis original tweet is way out in front, I just don't think Mick should have dignified it with a response, I don't see how that helps the situation.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

se9addick said:

Poor @rikofold must be exhausted, supporters trust, valley gold and now spokesman for the Gower family !

Not sure any of this paints any one in a good light, I don't think Gwen's original statement has been "misinterpreted" by supported as such, she clearly intimated that the steward(s) were the aggressor and they'd been dealt with harshly. Taking those words at face value many fans were upset and some got carried away. Now the club feel vindicated because the story has been clarified by Gwen there's a senior member of staff looking to play "I told you so" with some supporters on Twitter.

After taking a lot of abuse on twitter, here and elsewhere I think Mick was entitled to give a bit back.

The only tweet that went too far IMHO was the one about some people thinking the banner was offensive and even there he doesn't say that is his view.

I'm biased as I've known Mick for a long time but I know he is Charlton through and through, loves the club and does whatever he can to be reasonable with fans when they are reasonable with him. HE IS NOT OUR ENEMY.
    I'm not saying he is the enemy, but I think you're maybe letting your relations with him cloud your judgement. If other members of the staff who you hadn't know for a long time were piping up on social media I don't think you would say they were entitled to. I think it's pretty unprofessional to be honest and really isn't doing much to help this situation.
    No, I don't think I am. I'm not saying he is always right and if he was wrong I would say so. Mick knows that.

In this case his version of events proved to be correct and yet he was still getting abuse on twitter and here. The tweets he was responded to haven't been posted.

I think any member of staff is entitled to post on social media as long as it is reasonable. I don't read anything on Mick's account that wasn't reasonable.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

And there's the rub. What he said was "provocative" but you calling him a "bellend" was only a "bit strong".
  • Options
    Families get ripped apart in civil wars. Which is kind of what this is. Very difficult I'm sure for fans working for the club right now.
  • Options
    iainment said:

Families get ripped apart in civil wars. Which is kind of what this is. Very difficult I'm sure for fans working for the club right now.

I do wish we could stop with the war analogies, it's ridiculous.
  • Options
    iainment said:

I agree, very difficult.
  • Options
    se9addick said:

iainment said:

Give me another that fits a struggle between two rival views then.
    Thankyou
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

Thankyou
    Argument
    Difference of opinion
    Disagreement

"Families get 'ripped apart' during arguments"

• Options

So did the steward punch Gwen as has been suggested several times on here, or did he manage to hit her in the face whilst attempting to drag the son out? Genuine question. I would have expected (though not accept) the latter but some people are saying she was 'punched'? Seems unlikely.

As those who read my earlier post will know, I have no time for these kind of stewards but just trying to understand what happened and why the club are so confident.

I think Gwen said she was caught in the face, I think it's safe to say if the steward had deliberately punched her in the face s

se9addick said:

I've not know Mick a long time, but had the privilege of meeting him twice and a nicer man you couldn't wish to meet. A charlton fan that just happens to work for the club, some people can get their head around that and some can't, I'm sure he has his personal opinion on whats going on but that would be his business. I like to know how many fans would take the moral high ground and walk away from a their job purely because they didn't agree with the boss. With mortgages and bills to pay sometimes people have to bit the bullet and soldier on, Im guessing work isn't much fun for them at the moment.
  • Options
    PL54 said:

iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

Thankyou
    Argument
    Difference of opinion
    Disagreement

PL54 said:

iainment said:

se9addick said:

iainment said:

Thankyou
    Argument
    Difference of opinion
    Disagreement

Maybe
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    iainment said:

He's doing a good impersonation of the "enemy" though. Using personal social media in these circumstances is pretty daft imho. He should let the club respond officially- maybe by him- but not let it become personal. Which he obviously has.

Look, I resent being made to agree with Henry, we've both worked hard on our Charlton Life personae and you're ruining it.

But H is right. Mick is a decent guy and he and his stewards are not the enemy. He's got a tough enough job as it is. There are plenty of bell ends making it damn near impossible right now. And I don't mean Gwen and Josh.
  • Options
    The nice guy card can be pulled out a lot but is quite irrelevant, I'm sure he's a great bloke and a big CAFC fan but in this tender time at the Club as a professional at a high level in the club no way should he be provoking or reacting to fans on Twitter. Fueling the fire. It's time like these CAFC fans working at the club (could probably count them on one hand now unfortunately) should be rallying fans to stick with them.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

iainment said:

Look, I resent being made to agree with Henry, we've both worked hard on our Charlton Life personae and you're ruining it.

But H is right. Mick is a decent guy and he and his stewards are not the enemy. He's got a tough enough job as it is. There are plenty of bell ends making it damn near impossible right now. And I don't mean Gwen and Josh.
    I stand by what I said above. If I used personal social media accounts to talk about work related stuff I'd get slaughtered. He shouldn't respond in a personal capacity. Especially given the job he has.
  • Options
    edited February 2016

LuckyReds said:

And there's the rub. What he said was "provocative" but you calling him a "bellend" was only a "bit strong".
    I appreciate your point there, but "provoking" the fans when tensions are high is - to me - quite a foolish move. If anything the club, and by definition it's employees, shouldn't be escalating the situation in any way. Least of all be seen to be acting in a manner that could appear to be goading fans over the outcome of a complaint.

As @iainment says above - regardless of whether you stick a disclaimer on your twitter profile or not - you should be careful on social media. I don't represent my employers, but if I called a client out for complaining under dubious circumstances and insinuate that they were "embarrassed" over being proved wrong.. well, I'd be unemployed pretty quickly.

If I then continued to use my personal account to engage in clients who were already pretty damn annoyed at my employer, and spoke to them in a "provocative" way I don't think anyone would have any sympathy for me.

Let me just re-iterate: whoever initiated the exchange was wrong. Mick who works at CAFC wears a different hat to Mick who supports CAFC, dragging his personal account in to it was totally uncalled for. That's not to say Mick is blameless though, and unfortunately in the "them vs us" mentality which is spreading - he's pretty much Katrien's right hand man. It's a job though, and we need to remember that.

I do think it would be a shame if now the conversation shifted towards slating the man though, I understand there's been unfavourable comments elsewhere - of which I've not partaken in; all I've said about the man has been in this topic.
  • Options
    rikofold said:

The club never admit they were wrong, these meetings are always held & the outcome is always the club acted properly & the customer involved made a mistake - this incident is a massive U-Turn, not sure how Gwen & her Son could get something totally wrong - we all make mistakes with a story in the heat of the moment but to get the context totally wrong, I don't think so.

And why couldn't Gwen come on here and post that message???

Also interesting to see that the those with something to lose or with contacts inside the club are backing the club on this matter

Gwen asked me to post it. She's not been happy with the way some fans have reacted.

Personally I'm not backing the club, I'm backing the truth. I've seen the cctv and heard what both parties had to say. As an independent I found myself not agreeing with everything everyone had to say and not all the cctv is conclusive, but the important things were agreed and that's why Gwen's been big enough to come out and state the facts. You can take it or leave it, but there's no agenda.

Mick's tweets were personal responses to someone being aggressive towards him, and are out of context here. I like to think of myself as fair, and frankly I don't think it's fair he gets called out for a reaction when someone else is stepping over the line.

People are using the protesting mood as an excuse for bad behaviour and it isn't an excuse. Gwen didn't have to say anything, so let's respect that she did and move on.
    rikofold said:

The club never admit they were wrong, these meetings are always held & the outcome is always the club acted properly & the customer involved made a mistake - this incident is a massive U-Turn, not sure how Gwen & her Son could get something totally wrong - we all make mistakes with a story in the heat of the moment but to get the context totally wrong, I don't think so.

And why couldn't Gwen come on here and post that message???

Also interesting to see that the those with something to lose or with contacts inside the club are backing the club on this matter

Gwen asked me to post it. She's not been happy with the way some fans have reacted.

Personally I'm not backing the club, I'm backing the truth. I've seen the cctv and heard what both parties had to say. As an independent I found myself not agreeing with everything everyone had to say and not all the cctv is conclusive, but the important things were agreed and that's why Gwen's been big enough to come out and state the facts. You can take it or leave it, but there's no agenda.

Mick's tweets were personal responses to someone being aggressive towards him, and are out of context here. I like to think of myself as fair, and frankly I don't think it's fair he gets called out for a reaction when someone else is stepping over the line.

People are using the protesting mood as an excuse for bad behaviour and it isn't an excuse. Gwen didn't have to say anything, so let's respect that she did and move on.
    I too think that it is strange that Gwen has not made the statement herself and that it is a fair bit different from her original comments. Still, I have not seen the CCTV and accept that she might have recalled it differently from the reality of incident. This can certainly happen when adrenaline is flowing and eye witnesses to crimes (not saying there was one here btw) can be far from accurate.

Assuming that the new statement is correct and I have no reason to believe your words are otherwise rikofold, then fair dues to Gwen for fessing up. Would Miere do the same if the roles were reversed? For example would she apologise if she made unfounded claims about any number of things and was found out or would she just front it out and lie?

I see supporters as having the moral high ground over the regime once again.
  • Options

Happy to back the Club when it's getting slaughtered over something that didn't happen the way it was originally reported.

And quite clearly it didn't in this instance.

There is so many things that the current regime has got wrong and is not listening as to how it can put this right. All they're doing is backing themselves into a corner and becoming defensive over every issue.

There is understandable relief when they've been proven right and then there is the pure sycophancy like 'Yes Boss Mandy', which just makes them look stupid.

Everything they do is being scrutinised to the nth degree and sometimes I can understand why they're being defensive. Let's just hope the new Comms Manager isn't just a spin doctor.

• Options
    Nothing to see here any more. Move on.