Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

1131415161719»

Comments

• Options
    edited February 2016
    One or two of us, like popicon, myself and even PL54, witnessed some of the happenings and were kind of advising caution. It all reads to me like folk being as dignified as possible about what occurred and was reported, and I would hope those sniping at it all from the sidelines could be more precise in their targets, and use their energy to pressurize the bosses of this regime.
  • Options
    edited February 2016
    My take on this, just in case anyone cares, is that I suspected the sequence of events were probably more like what has been released now, opposed to what the 'angry mob' were claiming.

I'm glad that it is resolved. One of the things that this club is famed for is being a family club that is child friendly. It now appears that the club do not demand that stewards assault young (25 year old) fans for no reason and deliberately punch women in the face and remove them from the children that need caring and refuse them entry to go back to the children that shouldn't be left alone. I think it is, despite what any of us think of the football on the pitch, a good thing that the club and The Valley's reputation for being a safe place is upheld.

However I do not believe that the tweets that have appeared on here from Mr Everett were professional. Irrespective as to what was said before, and I looked but couldn't find it, the professional approach would have been to ignore the those that were trying to wind him up. If we are going to (and I'm not saying we should or shouldn't) nit pick every word that KM says and abuse her for it on here and at The Valley we can't be making excuses for a senior employee of the club having a public spat, irrespective of if the twitter account is official or personal.

For the record I believe that KM is doing what she believes to be her best for the club. I also think she is woefully inadequate as a CEO but at least she doesn't say or tweet things that are a personal attack at specific fans.

I'm not going to be so presumptuous as to say what happens next but if ME was employed by my company and he'd, publicly, rowed with a client I would be asking him to issue an apology for his tweets, or I would feel obliged to issue one on his behalf. I would certainly be insisting that any further baiting by that, or any other, fan (or client) be ignored. No good can come from entering into that kind of dialogue.
  • Options
    Addickted said:

I've never commented on what the wife of an employee posts on Facebook.

I'm standing up for Mick, because not only did he not take anything at face value, he examined the evidence, met with the aggrieved and made a decisive decision, which was 100 per cent backed up by the original complainant.

Yet some people still want to have a go at Mick because the regime sign off his pay cheque once a month.

I can promise you one thing, if the steward/stewards had done anything wrong, he would have published an apology, made things right with the complainants and the stewards would not have worked at The Valley again.

I have to say @Addickted I could not have described the actions taken by Mick any better myself, he is a very fair minded, tolerant gentleman that has vast experience in running the match day operations at The Valley, there seems to be an awful lot wrong with the club at the moment but Mick is CAFC through and through and in my experience will only ever act in the best interests of the club.
  • Options
    Incredibly well put @kings hill addick - you've perfectly summed up my feelings towards the entire situation; not only around the circumstances inside The Valley but also the subsequent comments via Twitter.
  • Options

I know people like Mick on here but that tweet just shows the bloke is a complete twat, keep getting into bed with the enemy and pretend he is one of us.

No need for such a response from a club employee.
    This thread appears to be turning around to show incorrect facts and misrepresentation, your summery of Mick could not be more "incorrect or misrepresented" if you tried.
    If you honestly think his text was a professional thing to do then I am afraid you are incorrect not me.
  • Options
    Moaning on both sides of the fence
  • Options

For the record I believe that KM is doing what she believes to be her best for the club. I also think she is woefully inadequate as a CEO but at least she doesn't say or tweet things that are a personal attack at specific fans.

It's not what this thread is about and I'm not saying I agree with you but ..... would you conceed that, if KM is doing her best for the club, it is AFTER she has done her best for RD and that RD is only likely to do the best for himself ?
  • Options
    PL54 said:

Then I would check for any suspicious holes, then.
  • Options

PL54 said:

Then I would check for any suspicious holes, then.
    Glory hunters.