Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

I think this deserves a seperat thread, it seems today that the person and his mum with the flag hanging over from the north upper was grabbed round the neck by one of the stewards and also have seen on facebook that some people saying a woman was assaulted by the stewards. Not sure about the assault but the guy has posted on facebook saying he was grabbed by the neck and forced to leave the ground as well as having his season ticket taken off him.

This is totally unacceptable by the club.

Comments

• Options
    edited January 2016
    This has just been posted by the lady on the fb page 'Ok so it's ok for two people to be assaulted by club steward and have nothing done about it - all over a poxy flag for goodness sake. If they had politely said that it was due to covering advertising ok but they gave no reason - absolutely disgraceful that they tried to drag my son out and hit me in the face at the same time - fuming isn't the word'

That is outrageous from us, shame on the club and the steward in question.
  • Options

If he was grabbed by anyone, without provocation, he should be having a chat with the boys/girls in blue.

Judging by the comments on fb they have been no help so far.
  • Options
    It really makes you wonder who hires these idiots ......
  • Options
    Particularly if there are those willing to act as witnesses, I would be inclined to suggest making a formal complaint. I can see no circumstance where the regime could claim that they could not identify the steward(s) involved - if they have so little control over stewarding, what would the view of the Council or Police be then?
  • Options
    Hope the woman involved is ok and the club should return their season tickets
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    shirty5 said:

How about a banner day? Is there enough stewards to take away 50 banners put up one by one in all 3 home stands?

Was thinking this earlier. Good idea, they can't chuck us all out.
  • Options

I sit a few rows behind the lad, I will be a witness for him, if he needs any help. I saw what happened, I didn't hear what was said.

What exactly happened Guinness? I sit 3 rows behind him and saw one steward have a word the more came over later ad he seemed to walk out after them. I didnt see any of the alleged although I followed the game after he was past my row rather than seeing what happened after.
  • Options
    If the above is true (and of course I have no reason to believe it isn't) surely the club is open to being sued? Where the hell is all this going to end!?
  • Options

I sit a few rows behind the lad, I will be a witness for him, if he needs any help. I saw what happened, I didn't hear what was said.

What exactly happened Guinness? I sit 3 rows behind him and saw one steward have a word the more came over later ad he seemed to walk out after them. I didnt see any of the alleged although I followed the game after he was past my row rather than seeing what happened after.
    The first steward went down to talk to him, there was an exchange of words, followed by the steward grabbing him round the scruff of the neck. The lad had brought the banner at the time, I think the steward wanted to take it. He then went off to get reinforcements.
  • Options

The first steward went down to talk to him, there was an exchange of words, followed by the steward grabbing him round the scruff of the neck. The lad had brought the banner at the time, I think the steward wanted to take it. He then went off to get reinforcements.
    Fair enough, I didn't actually know there was a banner when the first steward came down so that's why I probably missed it.
  • Options
    So when did taking banners into grounds become an issue I think fans at all league clubs would be evicted if they followed that rule.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    Think, though not sure, you need a fire safety certificate with any banners taken in.
  • Options
    Where in the ground was this? As a steward laying your hands on anyone is not good. Accidentally or otherwise handing off concerned relatives is really bad and especially if it's a kid and his mum.
  • Options
    They should also sue the club, as they provide the stewards etc.
  • Options

How old roughly is the lad in question ?
  • Options

Don't remember anyone complaining or being chucked out when this was out

Spot on. Edging ever closer to a dictatorship not a club. How is this even real?