Attention: Please take a moment to consider our terms and conditions before posting.
Options

Outrageous behaviour from our stewards today.

Comments

• Options
    I can identify the supervisior in the blue jacket if needs be, he was also at the front of the protest after the game.
  • Options
    Another fan today received an indefinite ban from the Club after 'endangering the crowd' due to his anti-RD leaflets..
  • Options
    edited January 2016
    Aye my comrade bully boy stewards let's see how brave you really are
  • Options

Agreed and that's all they are, paid thugs to turn up o the day.
  • Options
    Counting u in the badger?????
  • Options

As long as people stick together they can't do anything. The stewards will only go in when they can do so "peacefully" = less resistance/no one to get in the way = put up a fight

• Options
    rikofold said:

Look at what it provoked - bloody ridiculous. They could have left it in place, it was hardly offensive and ludicrous to claim it as a health and safety issue - but why not just confiscate it until the final whistle? Are they oblivious to the current mood? Do we have to make it more obvious?

They don't have any powers to retain supporters' property, so confiscating it at the final whistle doesn't make sense. I agree that the sensible thing would have been for them to ignore what was an innocuous message, especially in the context of what else is going on.
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    edited January 2016

Another fan today received an indefinite ban from the Club after 'endangering the crowd' due to his anti-RD leaflets..

I doubt that. Details? Stewards don't issue bans of any description.
  • Options
    What's Mick Everit got to say about this are they looking to up the anti because if they are they could well be in for a surprise.
  • Options
    LuckyReds said:

C_A_F_C said:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v22uy1bRt5E

And LOL @ the YouTube channel it's been uploaded on.

The relevant bit is 0:37 - playing it at full screen it does look like there's a clear snatch/grab to pull him towards the staircase, done by the (supervisor?) in the blue jacket? Doesn't seem to be anything else though, unless there was initial confrontation prior to filming?
    Just before the stewards come down, there was a single steward who came down and it was him that grabbed th lad around the scruff of the neck. People around the incident reacted to this and the steward left, the video is of the group of stewards that went in afterwards.
  • Options
    Any talk of `resisting' and `fighting back' will only result in the stewards being accompanied by the OB the next time they want someone out.
    Block them out, sit in their way, obstruct but don't raise any hands. Delay until the cameras pick it up.
  • Options

rikofold said:

Look at what it provoked - bloody ridiculous. They could have left it in place, it was hardly offensive and ludicrous to claim it as a health and safety issue - but why not just confiscate it until the final whistle? Are they oblivious to the current mood? Do we have to make it more obvious?

They don't have any powers to retain supporters' property, so confiscating it at the final whistle doesn't make sense. I agree that the sensible thing would have been for them to ignore what was an innocuous message, especially in the context of what else is going on.
    Until the final whistle, not at the final whistle!
  • Sponsored links:

• Options
    The banner was not offensive. It is an outrage and cannot go without response. This is an act of a defeated regime. Where does it go from here? It can't evict and ban every one of us! I am beyond angry. If this was the CEO's order, she can't complain about her treatment, when she has ordered the assault of a peaceful fan making a legitimate and not offensive protest!
  • Options
    Door stewards are not supposed to be people picked off the street or firemen or prison warders doing a couple of hours on the black economy. They are supposed to be Security Industry Association licenced and be paying taxes and NI. Interesting to find out whether the bunch currently employed by the Belgians fit this criteria? The HMRC should investigate as well since this mob dont look to have any qualification.
  • Options
    edited January 2016

Door stewards are not supposed to be people picked off the street or firemen or prison warders doing a couple of hours on the black economy. They are supposed to be Security Industry Association licenced and be paying taxes and NI. Interesting to find out whether the bunch currently employed by the Belgians fit this criteria? The HMRC should investigate as well since this mob dont look to have any qualification.

If HMRC did investigate them, then the club would also be liable for not declaring tax/NI, especially if these 'moonlighters' are paid in cash.
  • Options
    A banner protest all over the ground is a great idea, but how about one of the huge flags like the 'Killer' one (I think) that nearly all the Covered End or stands could all pass round? Nobody could be ejected for holding it as we would all be holding it!
  • Options
    edited January 2016

If they are SIA licenced don't they have to display said licence on their arms?
  • Options

A banner protest all over the ground is a great idea, but how about one of the huge flags like the 'Killer' one (I think) that nearly all the Covered End or stands could all pass round? Nobody could be ejected for holding it as we would all be holding it!

Great Idea, the stewards would never get hold of that, how about 1 for the East, South and West stands, all being passed round at the sametime?
  • Options
    Well, they employ bar staff who have no idea what they are doing, presumably because they're cheap, so guess they do the same with stewards? Should be investigated!
  • Options
    They ain't new to this it's the same people who have done this for yrs,
  • Options

Best to complain about this direct to the Security Industry Authority via their website, it's their duty to investigate and respond to you. If we all complained, the club inc Katrien would have to answer/reply to them. More inconvenience for her and Roland. If found to be in the wrong, surely it could be escalated to the FA & Football League & Greenwich Council (Breach of operating licence)............